EE - what do you have on a jacket potato?

I often have a jacket potato and salad for lunch at the canteen at work.

I've been having beans or plain tuna (no mayo) with it. The canteen toppings are chilli (you can see the fat floating); prawn mayo; cheese, cottage cheese or butter which won't be easy on the syns.

Any ideas on anything else, syn free or low syn. I can bring cold toppings or out hot ones in a food flask to add.

Thanks,

The tins that Jezzi mentioned above are really great I think (sorry to keep posting after you and agreeing, I'm not stalking you I promise!!) but they are really tasty and filling, and best of all free!

Without trying to sound sickly-saintly, I actually got stuck in a cafe once when I first joined, and as I didn't really know what was ok and what wasn't, I tried vinegar and actually quite liked it. I also have marmite with potatoes sometimes, which you can keep in your bag without the need to heat or refrigerate, and a lot goes a long way. I know they both sound like strange pregnant-woman choices, but you never know, you might just agree :)

The vinegar (I'm talking drenched) with salt and ground pepper was oddly reminiscent of pie and mash with vinegar once I squashed it in with my fork, but that might have been an extension of my daydream...

Haha really? That must be so inconvenient- vinegar has gotten me through many trying times of dry potato and bland salad when stuck out without FF dressing! I suppose we've all got our quirks... and there's not a lot quirkier than quark on plain scan bran :)

I love covering my baked potato is vinegar, I always thought I was the only one haha!!!xx

Here's a list I posted a while ago :)

1. Tuna, sweetcorn and chives/spring onions mixed with fromage frais/extra light mayo
2. Bolognese
3. Cheese and beans
4. 5 bean chilli
5. Tomato, onion, smoked paprika and bacon, all reduced down
6. Cottage cheese mixed with some chopped prawns
7. Prawn marie rose made with fromage frais, ketchup, lemon juice and some cayenne/smoked paprika
8. Tuna mixed with extra light laughing cow triangles and some chives/spring onions, then grilled. Mmmm - cheesy tuna!
9. Any sort of stew heated up on a potato
10. Salsa (preferably chilled)
11. Plain yoghurt, coriander, and diced cucumber and/or red onion
12. Sautéed mushrooms
13. Scrambled egg, tomato and green pepper
14. Curry
15. Coleslaw
16. Tuna, red onion and pepper
17. Philly, chives and chopped ham
18. Philly, chopped cucumber and tomato
19. Tuna, onion, apple and celery in mayonnaise
20. Chicken and sweetcorn
21. Roasted vegetables
22. Cream cheese and spinach
23. Tomato, turkey and broccoli
24. Smoked ham and pineapple
25. Bacon and mushrooms
26. Bacon and baked beans
27. Bacon, onion and sweetcorn
28. Cheese and marmite/bovril
29. Crab meat and coleslaw
30. Chickpea dahl

31. Hummus, grated carrot and coriander
32. Smoked haddock/mackeral and sweetcorn
33. Egg mayonnaise

If I'm batch cooking chilli, bolognese or curry I always freeze up smaller portions so I can have them with baked potatoes. I also have beans, laughing cow triangles, tuna either on its own or mixed with spring onions and extra low fat mayo, or for a real treat I'll pop to the Sainsburys near work and buy a big salad tub, fat free cottage cheese, a pack of fresh king prawns and a pack of smoked salmon and have them all together - it makes two days worth of lunches and is gorgeous.

I love tuna, sweet corn and kidney beans mixed together. I split the jacket, spoon in Philly light then load the tuna etc on top. Sprinkle with Italian herb seasoning, black pepper then pop under the grill the warm it all up! Had that for lunch every day last week.....time for a change this week though!! X

Yummy toppings :) if I have the time I like to make cheesy bacon potato skins mmm

Ive started taking the potato out mixing it with soft cheese bacon ham whatever i like and putting it back into the oven. Very filling. And a healthly way to use syns. Etc

What would we do without jacket potatoes?! Amazing. My ultimate comfort food is beans and cheese on a jacket. Chilli (meaty or bean are winners) and tuna sweetcorn may are close second. There are some great ideas here.

Back