eee look another food diary!

Ok so I stayed the same as when I weighed in 2 weeks ago. I'm a bit gutted I haven't lost, but been mixing up being really good with really off plan. And a lot of booze. So I'm happy I now know what I can do to maintain a weight without putting weight back on. And I've done no exercise since the boys have been on holiday so all in all, I'm kinda happy!

GREEN DAY - Thursday

Breakfast : SW hash browns, 2 poached eggs and a quorn peppered steak. Tomato sauce (1 syn)

Lunch : jacket potato, chilli (HexB) cheese (hexA) salad, skinny latte (small) (hexA)

Snacks : banana, SW French onion soup, corn on the cob. caramel egg (9 syns)

Dinner : SW Goan prawn (hexB) curry (2.5syns) basmati rice, Indian salad (cucumber, chilli, garlic, tomato, carrot, red onion) chappati (4.5syns)

TOTAL SYNS : 17

Last edited:
charl_young said:
Happily back to healthy eating, even managed to convince the bf to cook a SW curry for tomorrow.!!! I haven't decided what plan i'm doing today, I think original again. And EE tomorrow for him cooking for me. my poor cat is poorly so he has to go to the vet, I think someone's kicked him :(

ORIGINAL DAY - Wednesday

Breakfast : smoked Salmon, 2 poached eggs, 2 slices small loaf (hexB) x light flora (1 syn) banana

Lunch : some salmon and 2 dairy lea slices (hexA ) 2 alpen bars (hexB)

Dinner : beef bourginion SW recipie (shallots, mushrooms) (1 syn) celeriac and swede mash, green beans. SW chocolate roulade (3.5 syns)

Snacks : cracker (2 syns) with a tiny bit of cheese I didn't drink much milk so figure it could count for hexA. French onion soup.

Drinks : tea w/milk (hexA) water, green tea with lemon.

TOTAL SYNS : 7.5

Hi, your roulade looks yummy. Is it your own recipe or one on here somewhere? X

Its in a SW mag. I'll post the recipie once I've been on my laptop, typing by phone is too much!! It was really nice. X

Today I am having an EE day as its easy. Hard to go back to just 2 HEX's though! Craving meat so steaks for dinner :)

EE DAY - friday

Breakfast : smoked salmon, 2 slices bread (hexB) x light flora (1 syn) banana

Lunch : muller light, grapes, strawberries, low fat chilli noodles

Dinner : steak, SW chips, asparagus, field mushroom, spinach, tomato, SW Diane sauce

Syns : some gin maybe (12 syns) worth, 2 mini milks (3 syns)

Drinks : green tea w/lemon, water, coke zero, slimline tonic with gin.

TOTAL SYNS : 16

I've gone a bit over syns thurs and Friday but I was well under tues and wed so hopefully it'll balance out.

Last edited:
Ah that would be great thanks. X

OK, SW chocolate roulade.

6 eggs separated.
100g caster cuger
2 tbsp sweetener
200g quark
125g vanilla fat free danone
raspberries (or any fruit you want, strawberries would be nice, I used blackberries too)
2 tbsp cocoa powder
vanilla essence

heat oven to 180 degrees

whisk egg yolks with sugar and sweetener until the colour changes and they go creamy in texture, then fold in the cocoa. Separately whisk the egg whites and fold them into the yolk mix.

pour into 30cm x 20cm baking tray lined with baking paper (spray with fry light so it doesn't stick) Bake the mix for 18-20 mins or until feels very spongy.

take out then leave to cool in the tray.

Mix the quark, yogurt, some vanilla esscense, and some more sweetener until its tastes how you want. Once the cake has cooled turn out onto another piece of baking paper, and spread the yogurt mix all over once side. Dot the fruit all over, then roll up. You can sift some cocoa powder onto the roll (I did this, but probably wouldn't next time as was a bit bitter)

Serves 6 at 3.5syns each. :) Enjoy! Its so so easy, and I never make puddings! xx

Had a bit more booze than I planned to last night and feeling pretty rough today :( going bowling with my kids which should perk me up later. Was good when I got home drunk usually I'd hit the bread but I made a jacket potato with beans and quorn so all free food :) going to EE over weekends as its just simpler and my lovely boyfriend is cooking again tonight all SW food. Bless him!

EE DAY - Saturday

Breakfast : poached eggs and bacon. Bread (hexB) tomato sauce (1 syn) banana

Snack : 2 mini eggs (5 syns)

Lunch : SW Pea and Ham soup, was really good, and easy to whip up.

Dinner : king prawn bhaji, mixed tikka starter, poppadom, chicken tikka saag, mixed veg rice, home done Chapatti. No idea of syns. A lot!

Chicken Saag : 9
Chutney : 2
Poppadom : 2
Chappati : 5
Rice : 2.5
Prawn starter : 4
Tandori starter : 4

27.5 syns roughly.

Drinks : Tea w/milk (hexA) Water, 500 mls coke zero. Green tea with lemon.

TOTAL SYNS : 33.5 guess..

Last edited:
Ah we left it too late to go food shopping so got an Indian takeaway instead. There goes my healthy week! Was kinda ok, got chicken saag, and tikka starter but pilau rice. Loads of syns. x

I'm going to be good the rest of the week, and go back to the gym. My boyfriend is starting SW properly tomorrow too as he is putting weight on. He eats what I do but binges on loads of bread products so if he cuts that out he should do great! Today I want to go out and do something nice. Not sure what though!

EE DAY - Sunday

Breakfast : SW hash brown, poached eggs, smoked salmon. Banana

Lunch : tuna open sandwich, lettuce, cucumber, red onion, tomato, beetroot, sweetcorn. X light mayo (1 syn) bread (hexB)

Snacks : small chocolate egg. (3.5syns) Muller light yogurt.

Dinner : Roast beef, SW roast potatoes, parsnips, green beans, broccoli, carrots, peas. Gravy (1.5syns) mini milk (1.5syns)

Drinks : tea w/milk (hexA) Water, green tea.

TOTAL SYNS : 7.5

Attachments

• image-4106499619.jpg
    image-4106499619.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 68
  • image-1954054770.jpg
    image-1954054770.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
So if you get over the week 105 syns over the week even though I've been bad , if I can balance it out the next 3 days by just having 2/3 a day that should be fine. I'm also going to start running tomorrow now my ankles better. Phew!! I was worried I'd gone completely off track. Going to mix red and green days mon/tues/weds, then WI thursday morning, and as of tomorrow will be back to walking just under 4 miles a day taking the kids to school and back. I think no walking over the holidays has massively affected my losses.

Boyfriend has started doing SW properly today too so now we are both following plans which makes things easier! I don't have to watch him and my kids eating loads of nice bread anymore!! He has put on some weight since he moved in with me, he works nights and as our fridge always has food in, he binges when he gets home at like 5am, then has 3 big meals with us too, I bet he loses the weight really fast and makes me feel crap for being so slow! I haven't decided what plan to do today, I think I'll just stick to EE for a few weeks until the BF gets used to the plans properly.

EE DAY
- Monday

Breakfast : Weetabix mini's 30g (HexB) 200ml SS milk. (HexA) banana

Snack : Cold beef, slice of salmon. Grapes

Lunch : Jacket potato, red cabbage and red onion coleslaw. Lettuce, cucumber, beetroot. x light mayo (1syn) Roast beef. mini milk (1.5syns)

Dinner : Moroccan meatballs, chopped tomatoes, onion, garlic. With cous cous, and salad. Mini whole wheat pitta (2 syns )

Drinks : Water, tea w/milk (HexA) Coke Zero, green tea w/lemon.

Total Syns : 4.5

Attachments

• image-2292953817.jpg
    image-2292953817.jpg
    484.4 KB · Views: 71
  • image-1014853143.jpg
    image-1014853143.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Feeling really meh and bloated at the minute, so I don't feel like I'm losing any weight at all :( I am hoping so much I've lost this week otherwise I'm going to lose all faith in ever being thinner. I went underwear shopping yesterday and realised I was a size around bigger than I thought and a cup size smaller so that was depressing too :( anyway. EE this week as I can't be bothered to think about the different plans. And I'm super hungry so big big SW breakfast.

EE DAY - Tuesday

Breakfast : quorn steak, bacon, SW hash browns, poached eggs, grilled cherry tomatoes, mushrooms. Banana.

Lunch : sweet chilli super noddles I added some sweetcorn, quorn pieces, spinach and peppers. strawberries with greek muller (0.5syns)

Snack : alpen bar (half hexB)

Dinner : SW chicken Kiev, breadcrumbs (hexB-half) low fat roule (half hexA) gnocchi (2 syns) tomato sauce (chopped tomato, garlic, onion, basil) roasted cherry tomatoes, Parmesan (half hexA) lettuce and beetroot salad. (AMAZING DINNER!)

Drinks : coffee w/milk (0.5 syns) green tea, water.

TOTAL SYNS : 3

Attachments

• image-2461401160.jpg
    image-2461401160.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 80
  • image-3301053059.jpg
    image-3301053059.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 84
  • image-4261679054.jpg
    image-4261679054.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
You are doing really well on your syns. You always seem to have half that I do! :)

Food today all looks great! X

Well I do ok food wise, but then we drank 3 bottles of wine last night!! Ooooops!! My bf normally works nights and he was off so we had one glass and just carried on.. Silly silly. I feel awful today. :(

Urgh I feel awful today! No more midweek boozy binges! I'm so good food wise but definitely drink too much. Feels good doing the school runs and walking more again. Took my boys for their first swimming lesson today! Cute! Have to be really good syn wise due to wine consumption last night.

EE DAY - Wednesday

Breakfast : SW hash browns, salmon, poached eggs, grilled tomato and mushroom. Went to costa after we dropped the boys off. BF had a cake and I was super good and just got a skinny latte (hexA)

Lunch : salmon on bread (hexB) flora x light (1syn) SW pea and ham soup. Banana, grapes

Dinner : steak, SW roast BNS and chips. asparagus, grilled garlic mushroom, tomato. Syn free sauce. (beef stock, onion, garlic, mustard, FF fromage frais) chocolate egg (2syns)

Drinks : Tea w/milk (0.5syns) pepsi max, water, green tea w/lemon.

TOTAL SYNS : 3.5

Attachments

• image-592840052.jpg
    image-592840052.jpg
    478.5 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
These "alpen bar"'s, are they regular or light?
Only the light is 2 for a HeB.

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Ah don't worry it's the light ones :)

I've got this app for a 0-5k running plan. You run 3 times a week for 8 weeks slowly building up, I'm going to start tomorrow :) I'm scared as I know it's going to be hard, but I know running is something that gives you really good results. So I'm going to run the 3 days and swim when I take my boys for their lessons. I think no heavy cardio is what lets me down. I walk loads but nothing intensive. Here's to fresh exercise starts

charl_young said:
I've got this app for a 0-5k running plan. You run 3 times a week for 8 weeks slowly building up, I'm going to start tomorrow :) I'm scared as I know it's going to be hard, but I know running is something that gives you really good results. So I'm going to run the 3 days and swim when I take my boys for their lessons. I think no heavy cardio is what lets me down. I walk loads but nothing intensive. Here's to fresh exercise starts

Sounds like a plan! Good luck with it, it's wierd before I broke my ankle I didn't run but then really wanted to because I couldn't! Maybe by summer my ankle will be strong enough :) x

Back