Eeek....day 1!!!!!

tenney 75

After a 2 week delay I can finally say I have arrived at day 1 on exante. Feeling a little anxious especially as I am slap, bang in the middle of time of the month but if I don't start now then I'll never start. I'm horrified at my weight of 13stone 10lb! Since stopping doing slimming world back in June I have put on a stone and a half - I knew the weight was creeping on when jeans were getting tighter but I did the ostrich thing and stuck my head back in the sand and carried on drinking wine and having takeaways. Anyway ready to start again and after doing exante 2 years ago and losing 3 stone I know it works. Hope next few days pass quickly and relatively painlessly :-( good luck to all new starters out there too. Here goes.....

Ooh, exactly the same weight as me.....it's depressing isn't it?! I've tried exante about 5 times and haven't succeeded but I'm starting again tomorrow, with my best friend and mum so hopefully with the three of us doing it this time I might do better!!

How are you finding it?

McGlynn i'm on day one, my first ever attempt. You mentioned you had found it hard a few times....if you don't mind me asking what went wrong? Or what are you going to do differently this time to make sure you succeed?
Just trying to avoid failing. Any and all advice gratefully received!
Thank you x

Ooh, good question!! I have a complete and utter lack of willpower and I love to eat - I've tried the usual SW, WW, paleo etc. and haven't stuck to any of them :-( I kind of feel like if I don't do something about my weight now then I never will. I've already been wondering if I should just accept being fat!! But no.....being this weight is stopping me from doing things and that's no way to live. As a size 16 I'm not exactly housebound but the thought of going on holiday and wearing a swimsuit terrifies me!! I've no energy to play with the littles ones and I'm always tired, carrying an excess 5 stone isn't going to be helping with that.

I feel motivated and my partner is awesome about it all too which definitely helps!!

How are you finding your first day? I've had two black coffees, lots of water and a chocolate orange bar so far :) feeling ok. X

Sounds like me! I've no will power either. I tried the 5:2 diet recently....i lasted 11 hours! Ha!

First day going well. Have had a strawberry milkshake, lots of water and one black coffee. It's hard with a one year old cos he likes eating when i do...but not i'm not so he keeps offering bits of his rice crackers and sandwich etc, bless him!

Hubby left the nutella jar out last night....looking at it longingly now. But I WILL resist. Might need to trow all the crap like that away!

I did laugh reading this about the willpower girls! Omg its soooo hard isnt it. Im on day 5 today and its getting easier in terms of the hunger but its definatley not a diet for the fainhearted! I sont emotionally eat i just consciously eat non stop! haha i love food end of discussion! I used to think slimming world was hard to stick with but right now i am realising it wasnt so bad! Hahaha

I think the key for me this time is reminding myself every time i want to cheat that the moment of pleasure will only last for as long as i eat the food and then i will be mournin the loss of my self respect!

Girls we can do it! Eyes on the prize and just think its all for the taking. Keep us updated on ya progress ! ;)

Hi ladies, I have to say this time round is harder. By tomorrow I'll have done it a week and am hoping what I see on the scales tomorrow is enough to drive me on to another week. The best thing about it for me is the fast rate you lose weight. I did weight watchers, slimming world for years and got so fed up of staying the same or losing half a pound and then losing interest so to lose weight quickly and effectively on exante was fab. Its sticking at it through the tough times thats the hard bit. Good luck ladies :)

Your so right hun! I think the more times you diet it does get harder but this is first time ive ever tried this kind of diet and im hopeful when i get weighed on sunday it will be good news! I was a hardened smoker and gave up cold turkey 5 weeks ago. I was over weight and munching galore...anything! I then realised after half a stone jumped on in 5 weeks i needes to lose it. I wanna lose 3 stone. How much have u got hun? :)

Hey NatNat, I'm aiming to lose 2.5 stone and 3 is a bonus but not putting too much pressure on myself. My main aim is just to fit back into my clothes that I wore last year and that now don't fit me. I've just weighed myself and I've lost 10lb so I'm thrilled so I'm sure you'll have a good weight loss. I think you'll do fine on it as its your 1st time, I can honestly say the 1st time I did exante I loved it ( after week 1 of feeling rubbish) I could watch my kids & hubbie eating chocolate and not bat an eyelid - I was really in the zone! I think this time my body's saying "not again!" And making it abit harder for me lol! Anyway good luck and let me know how you get on in the weigh in :)

Wow chick that is an awesome first losss and 2.5 really isnt much so u will soon be there at that rate! I have a confession to make.....i got TOTM yest and the afternoon was extremely hard so was a bit grumpy! I did try my hardest to stick to plan HOwever i woke up at 3 in the morning ans demolished half a bag of minstrels my old man had in the cuboard! I feel so angry that it happened as i wouldnt of dreamt to do it when awake as im focused! Feel **** today now lol boooohhhhh

Congrats on the big loss tenney! :woohoo:

Yer not doing bad - think I'm better mon to fri when I'm busy at work. Weekends are a killer as I just want to eat nibblies and drink wine. It's funny what eating habits you get used to. Apparently it takes 4 weeks to break a habit so waiting to see how I feel in a fortnight. Keep going hun - you're going fab :)

I know. The day i started my shakes i felt like my life was over cos im a food junkie! I just keep reminding myself that once i get to goal i will be able to have anything as long as its in moderation so really it wont always be this tough! You will get your weekends of a little wine and nibbles hun an also the body you want! Winnerrrsss :) x

Back