eeek whats happening to me?

Amyeve

Mummy of 2!
WI was on thursday morning - 12st 4lb. had had a bad couple of days ( not weight related) so must admit did have a bit of a binge...a cheese & bacon turnover,quavers, carrot cake, white baguette with butter and then finished off with a takeaway chicken & cashew nuts with fried rice from the chinese:eek:
Yesterday i had a yoghurt for breakfast, couscous for lunch & pasta with sauasge & tomato sauce for dinner, a v.small piece of carrot cake & a few minstrels...today i've had porridge, couscous then dinner was sweet potato wedges with a little bit of chicken. been drinking plenty of water etc. i have no idea if its totm, im really erratic and stopped taking the pill last month.i've never had weight fluctuations relating to that though

Just been on the scales and they say 12st 12lb:eek: :(

i know thursday was a bad one but +8lb in 2 days?:cry:

Apparently there's 1500 cals in 1lb of fat (I believe) so you would've had to have consumed 12,000 more cals (above and beyond what your daily basal metabolic rate is [how many cals you can eat and not put on weight]) in order to put on 8lb of fat.

It's water weight, pure and simple. Goes on quickly and comes off quickly. Don't worry - just get back on track and it'll be gone before you know it.

3500 cals in 1lb

It's a mixture of water retention and replenished glycogen stores. Carry on eating healthily and it'll disappear soon.

The week before last last at WI I gained 1/2 a pound. No particular reason. In the interim before my next WI, I came on. The day I came on I was SO bloated and miserable. My jeans were creaking at the seams, I thought I MUST have gained weight this week. I really was so very uncomfortable. I came on on the Monday and couldn't stop weeing... come WI on Wednesday, I'd lost four pounds!!! I was stunned. I haven't lost that much in a week since the first week I joined! So I would guess that your body is just throwing a little wobbler and it will regulate itself again soon.

I must sound like a broken record with this one... :giggle:

Stay off the scales mid-week!!!

For one thing home scales have the capacity to be incredibly flaky and unreliable (ours managed to give my husband three consecutive readings over a range of half a stone), and not only that but weight fluctuates dramatically over the course of a week anyway, which is why all the different slimming clubs only weigh you once a week - it's the only way to get a clear view of how your weight loss is progressing - if you were to weigh yourself morning and night every day for a week and plot the results on a graph, you'd be absolutely amazed at the difference you'd see.

It could also be water retention, that's worth keeping in mind, especially if you're at or approaching TOTM.

Really, forget about the bad couple of days you've had, pick yourself up and get back on track, and stay off your scales until your next WI! Sorry, I know it sounds harsh, but mid-week weigh-ins do nobody any good whatsoever, you'll only end up worrying. :)

I must sound like a broken record with this one... :giggle:

Stay off the scales mid-week!!!

For one thing home scales have the capacity to be incredibly flaky and unreliable (ours managed to give my husband three consecutive readings over a range of half a stone), and not only that but weight fluctuates dramatically over the course of a week anyway, which is why all the different slimming clubs only weigh you once a week - it's the only way to get a clear view of how your weight loss is progressing - if you were to weigh yourself morning and night every day for a week and plot the results on a graph, you'd be absolutely amazed at the difference you'd see.

It could also be water retention, that's worth keeping in mind, especially if you're at or approaching TOTM.

Really, forget about the bad couple of days you've had, pick yourself up and get back on track, and stay off your scales until your next WI! Sorry, I know it sounds harsh, but mid-week weigh-ins do nobody any good whatsoever, you'll only end up worrying. :)

I concur and I have repeated the stay off the scales every day mantra various times around the board...

Perhaps I need to learn that chant... I keep getting on them every day.

I chant it when I'm on the bloody scales! LOL!

I once weighed myself one morning after a night on the drink then weighed myself again the morning after and there was a 7lb difference! It is a shock when it happens but it does even itself out in the end.

I chant it when I'm on the bloody scales! LOL!

pmsl.
I can echo that ypour weight changes. I almost find myself challenging myself to see if i have put on or taken off....

My weigh in is Friday. I weighed today at 16.10 and I am due on so I know that is water and BLOAT BLOAT BLOAT.
I have been given some tablets for my pains and I can feel a slight pain so i know its taken the edge off the pain so all is good!!!

xxx

Just keep with it and don't beat yourself up over having a binge now and again you are only human, if you just stay with it it will show results as it is only water retention. It doesn't matter how long it takes to get to the end of your journey just so long as you keep to the road, even if you sometimes go in the slow lane. It has taken me 2.5 yrs to lose 8.5st and last week I took target and it feels a little strange trying to stay on target instead of trying to lose it:talk017:

Just keep with it and don't beat yourself up over having a binge now and again you are only human, if you just stay with it it will show results as it is only water retention. It doesn't matter how long it takes to get to the end of your journey just so long as you keep to the road, even if you sometimes go in the slow lane. It has taken me 2.5 yrs to lose 8.5st and last week I took target and it feels a little strange trying to stay on target instead of trying to lose it:talk017:

WOW well done!!!

Back