• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

eggs

jaylou

Gold Member
This may sound daft but it depends on the size of the tin! If I use a 6inch tin then I use 3 eggs and a small pot of cottage cheese, if I use a bigger 10inch tin then I'll use 5 or 6 eggs and double cottage cheese. They are large eggs by the way.

Also, I eat loads and loads of eggs a week, 2 on a saturday, 2 on a sunday and probably have a couple of omelettes so that's another 4. So that's 8, not including those used in meals, we had carbonara the other night and that used 3 eggs for 3 of us. So probably 9 a week!!!!

kazpeza

Silver Member
i only put 3 in my quiche and if i have a cooked breakfast ill put an egg on that or the only other time ill have an egg is mashed up with a bit of salad cream (to disguise the white cause i dont like that part lol) and put on a sandwich

Donnie46

Slow but sure....
I've yet to make the quiche, but my tin size would take the 6 eggs recipe.

I eat on average about 2/3 eggs a day, I love them for breakfast, and I often have them for dinner too.

Dr's have told us that they are no longer a threat to high cholesterol, and they are SF on the SW diet, so enjoy your eggs, they are so versatile in cooking and ways of eating......X

malaika

Lover of Extra Easy
I use 6 eggs in my quiche, with a tub of quark, and I make it in a lasagna dish.
When I use the round tin (thats almost plate size) I use half of that.
I also eat a lot of eggs. Have no idea how many as it varies!

Mrs V

Loves Life!
I tend to use 4 eggs in a quiche with a tub of cottage cheese and chives in a casserole pyrex dish.
It depends on how Im feeling to the quantity of eggs I have in a week, but they are free, so enjoy!

eye6769

Vegetarian who lives2eat
I use 6 eggs as well, I just love the pasta quiche and the mixture is enough to cut into quarters and keep in the fridge.I eat about 20 eggs per week, 2 per breakfast, sometimes egg n chips for lunch, quiche .

Xassy

Silver Member
I have 2 eggs in my quiche. I put in extra cottage cheese and make sure I have plenty of veg and meat in there. It usually makes enough for 2 meals for me and I have extra veggies on the side to fill me up. I worry about eating too many eggs due to the cholesterol, even though mine is totally normally. :eek: I've heard you're only supposed to have about 10 eggs a week.

eye6769

Vegetarian who lives2eat
Hey I eat loads of beans with the eggs so theres every chance I smell rotten, I think I must be immune to it !!!