eggy bread

metrognome

is getting better at it
hello, am wanting to try this for my breakfast but dont really know what to do or what to put with it can anyone help

ohh whats the unhealthy version please maybe it will taste better than the one i tried lol

I normally beat an egg with a splash of milk and some salt and pepper in the flat top of a pyrex dish.
Pop a slice of bread in and then turn it over until both sides are covered and then put it on the George Forman. I eat mine with a bit of brown sauce :D

You could probably use a frying pan with fry light too :)

I normally beat an egg with a splash of milk and some salt and pepper in the flat top of a pyrex dish.
Pop a slice of bread in and then turn it over until both sides are covered and then put it on the George Forman. I eat mine with a bit of brown sauce :D

You could probably use a frying pan with fry light too :)
Oooo never though of putting it in the george!!! il give that a go and see if like it like that lol

I lurve eggy bread....reminds me of when i was a kid.

OMG I love eggy bread. Havent had that for ages, forgot I can have it now, with a clear concience :)

me and my friend OD'd on eggy bread when we made about a thousand slices when i was about 9... still can't look at the stuff! LOL :eek:

i had another go at doing this today for breakfast and my second go was far better than the 1st and i have to say that i now like eggy bread and il deff be having it again with loadsa cinamon cos its lush ;)

I LOVE eggy bread! French toast, if I'm being posh :)
The trick, I think, is not to make it too soggy. I like mine savoury, with salt...but it can be made sweet too.

French toast - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mmmm Friday brekkie treat methinks!

Ooh, I love eggy bread, and hadn't occured to me that I could still eat it if I do it right! Love it with peri peri ketchup....!

I made a huge batch for the kids last weekend for sunday brunch and didn't touch any of it as was trying to be good, will be making more for tea one night this week! Yum :)

I love sweet eggy bread with a blueberry sauce. I mix the egg with quite a bit of skim milk, cinnamon, nutmeg and splenda. Spray a pan with butter frylight. Dip the bread in and 'fry' it and put some blueberries in a pan with a little splenda and heat gently until they 'burst'. Makes a lovely blueberry syrup!

I love sweet eggy bread with a blueberry sauce. I mix the egg with quite a bit of skim milk, cinnamon, nutmeg and splenda. Spray a pan with butter frylight. Dip the bread in and 'fry' it and put some blueberries in a pan with a little splenda and heat gently until they 'burst'. Makes a lovely blueberry syrup!
omg that sounds delicious! I used to eat eggy bread as a savoury thing then last week i tried it with cinnamon and sweetner and it was to die for! Def going to make the blueberry sauce next time. Perfect sunday breakfast.

remember that fruit that is cooked or blended turns into syns though - sorry to be a party pooper :eek: lol

Yum - the frozen friut is handy to have ready to go with sweet eggy-bread as it defrosts a bit mushy anyway. And some vanilla muller-light to drizzle.

Or that lemon-curd dip recipe I've seen floating about would be lush with it. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

eggy bread now there's an idea for my last hexb:D

I mix 2 eggs with milk in a pyrex lid:cool: (taken from my allowance haha) marmite the bread first then put the bread into the lid squash both sides then georgie them:D

ohhhh supper for tonight sorted yey yey

Back