Total Solution Eight Stone to go! Slinky summer here I come...

Angel I hope you eventually got to sleep! You did what Marge said and talked yourself through wonderfully - I know where to look for a boost when I feel that downward pull :) I get hormonal pre totm (as do a lot of women!!) and with it I get paranoid and end up dissecting every conversation and argument and even just throwaway comments and decide I must be evil incarnate!
I know rationally I am not, but that doesn't stop the feeling at that time. :D Loved the post about the fairy which made me smile this morning, thanks!
Have a goooood day - you are fab. X :bighug:

Hi Angel
Hope you got a good night 's sleep once you gave yourself a talking to. You mentioned having a position of authority. There are a lot of men out there who do not like to see women in responsible posts. That is their problem not yours.
Also the difference beetween aggression and assertiveness is not always recognised by some people. Ignore them and keep on doing what you are doing you are getting there with your weight loss journey. Loved the fairy wishes. True saying watch what you wish for as it might come true. I am away to wish for a good weight loss this week!
Mere x

I agree with Marge, You did a great job talking yourself out of a self-loathing moment. I would say that in itself was already a positive change you are learning to do! I dont think you're agressive at all. I think if we take to heart every comment we hear about ourselves over the years, most of us would never leave the house lol. Im a bit shy, nervous and clumbsy with my words when im around lots of people.. i dont really have many friends and only a couple of mums speak to me at the school gates or at events/parties. But thats ok! I learnt years ago that lots of people just dont get me. They may take my shyness for ignorance after all. So its not my fault, or theirs, and i dont worry about it. Iv tried to be more confident and speak more but im just too nervous and cant do it :)

The men who made that comment were wrong, and i hope you wont carry that with you. Like you said, you have some amazing friends, OH, family and beloved labrador. Good job etc, and are now changing your body for the better too! I absolutely agree with Mere that men can find women of authority intimidating, and some dont like it as it challenges their masculinity. Not your problem! You're a lovely person so keep doing what you're doing.

Im glad speaking about it has made you feel better and i hope you had a good sleep :) xx

PS: Loved the fairy story!!

Thank you so much for being there. You all talk such sense I'm sure knowing you are all out there helped me think rationally for a change and stop the spiral down.
Marge I will take your advice and forget books, nothing can give more support than this forum. We should write a book about all the good advice we see here ! Hope your WI is a good one.

Diva, as always you are there my lovely, I had no idea others feel the same way to that extent. It really makes me feel better, especially with the mega hug I really needed.

Mere, you are quite right, if I think about it these guys are intimidated because I get things done and both of them have their priorities in the wrong place and don't. I trained one of them and it was an uphill battle. I shall think no more about it.

So ladies, It's my month weigh in. I'm on the mean heavy scales until I get home and my TOTM did start early this morning but I did WI.......

18st13.5 !!!!! :bliss: Only a smidge over but a smidge is a smidge :D.

Time for the funky bunny dance :bunnydance: :bunnydance::bunnydance:

I have to dash but will visit each diary tonight. Have a great day and good luck for WIs.

Last edited:
:happy036: :happy096: well done hon. X:talk017: (I love these - can you tell?!)X

Hehe thanks Diva, you make me giggle.... Celebrations very happily received !

Wooo Hooo :D
Lets here it for a "smidge" :D
Well done Angel :D

Hi Angel
Well done on your weight loss and on your revised attitude to the plonkers you have to work with. :D
Mere x

Hi Diva
Congratulations in getting back into your thin clothes and especially for being able to wear your ring again. Bet you can't stop looking at it! ;)
Mere x

Hi Mere - no I can't! it's like when I first had it:)
getting there on the clothes - couple more sizes down and I'll be swapping back to the thin wardrobe!
Well done on your losses too - keep it up X

Do we get a piccie of the ring so we can stare too, it must be like getting engaged all over again :) what weight were you at with your thin wardrobe? Is that your goal weight? You must be so close now. Hubby is picking my bauble out. Just got home. V excited. Also, nice bonus is a pain free totm! I'd have started this diet years ago if I'd known :)

i tried on a dress I liked in debenhams today and it fit in a size 20, al be it a tad snug. I didn't buy it but felt a million dollars it was a 20! Still a bit Michelin man to get away with it yet. Few too many hills and dales :) when I look like the model ill give it another whirl. Will post measurements later. Hope everyone is having a good day.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 34
Sorry you've been going through a tough time. I agree with what everyone has said. Some men really do not know how to deal with intelligent women, especially those who are above them at work.

Well done in the loss! Xxx

Thanks Carrie, I'm fine, it seemed worse because totm was due. Hope you are feeling better?

Hi Angel
Beautiful dress and wouldn't we all like to look like the model. :sigh:
Mere x

Thank you so much for being there. You all talk such sense I'm sure knowing you are all out there helped me think rationally for a change and stop the spiral down.
Marge I will take your advice and forget books, nothing can give more support than this forum. We should write a book about all the good advice we see here ! Hope your WI is a good one.

Diva, as always you are there my lovely, I had no idea others feel the same way to that extent. It really makes me feel better, especially with the mega hug I really needed.

Mere, you are quite right, if I think about it these guys are intimidated because I get things done and both of them have their priorities in the wrong place and don't. I trained one of them and it was an uphill battle. I shall think no more about it.

So ladies, It's my month weigh in. I'm on the mean heavy scales until I get home and my TOTM did start early this morning but I did WI.......

18st13.5 !!!!! :bliss: Only a smidge over but a smidge is a smidge :D.

Time for the funky bunny dance :bunnydance: :bunnydance::bunnydance:

I have to dash but will visit each diary tonight. Have a great day and good luck for WIs.

So glad you pulled through on that one! The support on these forums is fab for that very reason :)

... and WELL FLIPPIN DONE!! That smidge makes all of the difference!!

:woohoo:

Do we get a piccie of the ring so we can stare too, it must be like getting engaged all over again :) what weight were you at with your thin wardrobe? Is that your goal weight? You must be so close now. Hubby is picking my bauble out. Just got home. V excited. Also, nice bonus is a pain free totm! I'd have started this diet years ago if I'd known :)

i tried on a dress I liked in debenhams today and it fit in a size 20, al be it a tad snug. I didn't buy it but felt a million dollars it was a 20! Still a bit Michelin man to get away with it yet. Few too many hills and dales :) when I look like the model ill give it another whirl. Will post measurements later. Hope everyone is having a good day.

That dress is lovely, you should get it for yourself as an incentive and a treat :D

Hi Angel
Beautiful dress and wouldn't we all like to look like the model. :sigh:
Mere x

YES!! And soon we shall, and all these models will have a run for their money!

Well done on your weightloss hun!!! xx

I agree with Ali - buy the dress!! and I'll try and take a pic of the ring...can we see the new bauble for your bracelet? :) I was around 14 1/2 st when last in the thin wardrobe, but am aiming for 14 this time as I've had Huw in between and changed shape! may even try and get more off if I have to....but I'll get to goal first!
did I say - Buy the dress!!!!!
XX

o wow your doing so well and your so on firer, i loved the dress you tried on. it one of those moments where your heart and belly leaps, i do hope you reconsidered re buying it but buy it only if you 110% like it and then use it for a new mile stone to where you just got too and where you been as the weight still comes off .. i do hope you show us the ring too.

Thanks All, Ill just glance at the dress when I'm in the store and see what size I am when I get to sale time.
Diva I can't wait until you are in the thin clothes, soooo excited for you. I've a whole suitcase upstairs full but I need to be 13 st so it'll be a while yet. Chai latte is delicious. Pep tea then bed. Have a good day and make it count.

ok heres the ring! all sparkly and shiny! :D X

photo.jpg

Back