Total Solution Eight Stone to go! Slinky summer here I come...

Ah, the others my dads phrase, yours makes much more sense. :)

I love the film beaches! X

Beaches?

the film has a song in it sung by bette midler about 'otto titsling' who creates the first 'over the shoulder boulder holder' if I can find a link I'll post it. verrrrrrry funny!! X

Hehe, I've got to see it now, it must be on you tube somewhere ill take a look. Thanks Diva, I always wondered where it came from, albeit misquoted. Bless him.

Jeezo Angel :eek:
I hate the wires in bra's.. they can be such an uncomfy thing eh ?
At least we can laugh about it :D
How was your weekend other than that ?
Love your table :D

Hi Marge, Diva, everyone. Finally a super nights sleep. Just fed the birdies and am sitting having porridge and coffee looking out the window at a sunshine filled day. The sea is crashing in though. It's a little breezy. Feeling super, the 'heavy' scales say I'm another pound down but I won't know for sure until tues. hope everyone has had a fabulous weekend. X

Ignore them sclaes, You know they wont be right! Your own scales you always weigh on are the only ones that count so dont worry. Your bra story made me giggle! I have bigger boobs but only because of my weight, When im at goal i will have bee stings again. Sounds like a lovely morning there :) Hope you have a lovely day hun xx

Morning Ed, glad I raised a smile :) it's so hard not to check scales, I'm soooo desperate to be in the 18s by my month weigh in. Well, can't do any more than I do now. You are doing amazingly. Keep shredding away !

Thanks Angel! Not that i found your discomfot funny, Just the story! :)

Im the same, I previewed WI again this morning and am 'only' -1lb down from Tuesdays WI. Im putting it down to shredding but not sure why xx

Hi Ed, it was funny as anything at the time. As soon as the guests left my husband thought it was hilarious watching me trying to get the bra off in record time. Well done on the loss, don't forget muscle weighs 3 times more than fat so your loss might slow but inches will drop.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 19
Thanks Angel :) I thought muscle weighs the same, as 1lb of fat would weigh the same as 1lb of muscle.. i dont know. Iv had low losses and high ones so maybe its one of those weeks and will pick up again. The body is a funny old thing! xx

Feeling super, the 'heavy' scales say I'm another pound down but I won't know for sure until tues.
Good luck with tomorrow's WI.
Mere x

I thought muscle weighs the same, as 1lb of fat would weigh the same as 1lb of muscle.
A pound of fat does weigh the same as a pound of muscle but a pound of muscle is 1/3 of the size of the fat that is why you look slimmer but weigh the same. As fat burns off and is replaced by muscle you can get a slight increase in weght but a huge change in shape so you should really take your measurements. Think of what a pound of feathers would look like compared with a pound of iron and you will see what I mean. :D

Mere x

Wow Mere excellent explanation thank you, I understand now. I have taken measurements and the horrid before pictures lol xx

Thanks mere, I meant to add for the same volume in there so it made sense but you put it beautifully..

Well, today has been good but I've been very light headed. Had at least 2.5litres to drink but been dizzy and feeling v hungry this eve. I had an extra pack and feel much better. Maybe it's pre totm. I'm not doing aam week. An extra pack is better than something illicit from the cupboards.

My first month is up in the morning. Won't WI until wed morning though because it'll be late when I get home.

Hope everyone has had a good day.

pictures help :) 5lbs of fat with 5lbs of muscle.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Burble alert....... No diet or exercise stuff in this post just me getting my head straight.....

It's late and I'm laid here staring at the ceiling after blaming myself for the broadband bandwidth being too small to play iplayer. How irrational is that? I've had a quiet day and a nice quiet eve with my OH watching the Richard III programme but my head is playing up and emotions I usually bury with food are bubbling to the surface. Totm must be due, or one of my regular plummets into self loathing. A couple of days ago two male colleagues called me aggressive and I was taken aback. I have to act and make decisions under pressure but never shout and I hope I'm polite even if I have to be direct. I asked if they meant assertive but they said no," really aggressive". Someone who's aggressive to me creates conflict, is intimidating and can be downright unpleasant. It upset me to think people see me that way.

I let the thoughts go but now they are back and have brought every negative comment, experience and shitty thing ive ever experienced or blame myself for with them and its all whiz zing around my head. I'm even replaying situations and conversations in case I've upset anyone else and didnt realise. I told my OH how I was feeling and he kind of paused and I could here him thinking "here we go again" but he did say that many wouldnt follow the two guys concerned as leaders but a lot would follow me which was nice, but it didnt make me feel better.

well it stops now. Thoughts can't change anything said, emailed or done in the past so what's the point of letting them carry me on a downward spiral like they always do. They can drift in then they can blinking well drift out again! I've some good friends who wouldn't be in my life if I was so horrid. I've a job I'm good at with a lot of responsibility which I wouldn't have if I really am useless. Most of all I've a super OH who loves me ...oh.. And a black Labrador who dotes on me..... Especially around feeding time. That goes for the OH too.

Ive heard about negative thoughts on these forums. I think ill see if there's a book about how to combat them when I'm out shopping tomorrow. I've never been a self help book reader but if I can crack this then I think my binging fat days will be under control.

Burble over. Sorry for being so down and lengthy if you did read this but it's really helped get things back in perspective. I think I'd better put a burble alert on the top so others don't waste time on this post. Stay positive and on track. Fresh new day tomorrow.

Night.

a friend just sent me this and it made me smile. :)

A married couple in their early 60s are celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary in a quiet, romantic little restaurant.

Suddenly, a tiny yet beautiful fairy appeared on their table.

She said, 'For being such an exemplary married couple and for being loving to each other for all this time, I will grant you each a wish.'

The wife answered, 'Oh, I want to travel around the world with my darling husband.'

The fairy waved her magic wand and - poof! - two tickets for the Queen Mary II appeared in her hands.

The husband thought for a moment: 'Well, this is all very romantic, but an opportunity like this will never come again. I'm
sorry my love, but my wish is to have a wife 30 years younger than me.'

The wife, and the fairy, were deeply disappointed, but a wish is a wish.!

So the fairy waved her magic wand and poof!...

The husband became 92 years old.

The moral of this story: Men who are ungrateful gits should remember fairies are female.....

Burble alert....... No diet or exercise stuff in this post just me getting my head straight.....

It's late and I'm laid here staring at the ceiling after blaming myself for the broadband bandwidth being too small to play iplayer. How irrational is that? I've had a quiet day and a nice quiet eve with my OH watching the Richard III programme but my head is playing up and emotions I usually bury with food are bubbling to the surface. Totm must be due, or one of my regular plummets into self loathing. A couple of days ago two male colleagues called me aggressive and I was taken aback. I have to act and make decisions under pressure but never shout and I hope I'm polite even if I have to be direct. I asked if they meant assertive but they said no," really aggressive". Someone who's aggressive to me creates conflict, is intimidating and can be downright unpleasant. It upset me to think people see me that way.

I let the thoughts go but now they are back and have brought every negative comment, experience and shitty thing ive ever experienced or blame myself for with them and its all whiz zing around my head. I'm even replaying situations and conversations in case I've upset anyone else and didnt realise. I told my OH how I was feeling and he kind of paused and I could here him thinking "here we go again" but he did say that many wouldnt follow the two guys concerned as leaders but a lot would follow me which was nice, but it didnt make me feel better.

well it stops now. Thoughts can't change anything said, emailed or done in the past so what's the point of letting them carry me on a downward spiral like they always do. They can drift in then they can blinking well drift out again! I've some good friends who wouldn't be in my life if I was so horrid. I've a job I'm good at with a lot of responsibility which I wouldn't have if I really am useless. Most of all I've a super OH who loves me ...oh.. And a black Labrador who dotes on me..... Especially around feeding time. That goes for the OH too.

Ive heard about negative thoughts on these forums. I think ill see if there's a book about how to combat them when I'm out shopping tomorrow. I've never been a self help book reader but if I can crack this then I think my binging fat days will be under control.

Burble over. Sorry for being so down and lengthy if you did read this but it's really helped get things back in perspective. I think I'd better put a burble alert on the top so others don't waste time on this post. Stay positive and on track. Fresh new day tomorrow.

Night.

Well, theres nowt really else to say there Angel, as you talked your own self out of a bit of self loathing superbly there !!!;)
Never bother buying the self help book chick...jot down your thoughts over this weightloss journey, and write one yourself when you get there ;).
I will have a signed copy please :D;)
Nighty night :D

Thanks Marge. You really are a boost.. Good luck for WI... Read my previous post too. A. Friend sent it and It made me smile but I overlapped with your post so you might not have seen it. Night night, sweet dreams.

Back