Elemental's Metamorphisis

Elemental

Chasing the Rainbow
So here I am. The day after valentines day and feeling very philosophical. After realising yesterday that the only thing I was really excited about was the yummy thai food we were going out for , I consoled myself with the point that at least I was excited about 'something'.

However, when crunch time came (time to get ready) I did EXACTLY what I have done for at least the last two valentines days. Got out of the shower feeling fat and disgusting. Looking at the closed doors of my wardrobe already knowing that knowing in there is going to fit right, look right..........and then broke down under a weight of emotional pressure and a wave of depression that has been keeping me down for the very least 2 years, but probably longer!

Valentine's evening was supposed to be my final supper really, it turned out to be the crappiest domino's pizza i ever tasted (actually my dear husband's suggestion). Didnt really help the fat and bloated feeling much I can tell you! My intention was to start this morning, but my shakers havent arrived yet and one lumpy shake might be enough to send me to the crisp cupboard.

I am so ready for this now. I just need to remember to power through feeling like crap the first week or two. Everyone else's progress on here has made me feel so positive, and knowing how much slimmer and trimmer i felt after just one week on exante makes me sure that i will be able to keep it up this time.

So get used to me on here girls, this is literally my last chance of happiness. Everything depends on this success, I mean everything. I may whinge a bit for the next 10 days as my carb addiction was not curbed this past week as planned - I mean hey , if it's so easy to eat low carb I'd just be doing that as a diet, right?

Lots of love, and luck to you all xxx

good luck sweetie! Itis nit your last chance of happiness *ever* don;t put so much pressure on yourself!

re:shakers, if you have a stick blender that works well too. I use a whisk on the choc ones and they blend fine. HTH!

We will do this together - I have about the same to lose and only started this week. Feeling bouncier already though!

I just put mine in a container with a decent lid on and shake! I dont have a fancy ball type shaker but like you I would react very badly to lumps but so far they have blended far better than any other diet shakes I have had so no problem!

Good good luck to you, good you have something to look forward to- opening that wardrobe and fitting everything (or having it too big maybe, not sure how big it all is!)

I too see this as my last chance of happiness- I've lost my teens and 20s to being obese and hating myself, time to take charge and have a life!

Good luck to you, You have the same start weight as me too :) You can do it, keep a mental image of how you want to look in your head, it will keep you going. Come on here and moan until your hearts content! There are so many lovely people who will inspire and motivate you.

The first week can be tough for some, me and Scotbean had an awful time, but it get's better and the weight falls off! As Moosh said, could be very soon that you will go to the wardrobe and everything fits, or becomes too big. Alot of my things in my wardrobe are now like that! I got given two pairs of jeans from my younger slimmer sister, they were her 'fat' jeans, one size 14 and one 16, no give or stretch in them, I couldn't even get them half way up my thigh before xmas, now the 14 comes all the way up, tight as hell like, but it's progress!

You can do it! Believe in yourself and it will happen, we are all in this together, we have quite a lovely community on here xxx

Hi thanks everyone!!!

I guess what I mean about my last chance of happiness being the fact that I have tried and failed at every attempt to control my compulsive eating and the only way I have ever found a relief from this is while in ketosis, I become virtually anorexic! Unfortunately the sickness it brought too stopped me getting past 10 days but I simply MUST keep going this time!

I have all my packs now and shakers, so first thing tomorrow I will begin my journey.

May I ask you guys what you do for occupations? I only ask because a colleague had me really paranoid about atkins brain a while back when I was doing really well at it. Apparently the lack of glycegon makes us forgetful and I am worried about it affecting my work. But i imagine it can't be that bad surely? Else you lot would have noticed?

Hi and good luck, it really does get easier with a VLCD as tim goes by. I am a teacher and have found it does not have any negative influence on my somewhat alreay scatty brain.
Julia

Hi and good luck, it really does get easier with a VLCD as tim goes by. I am a teacher and have found it does not have any negative influence on my somewhat alreay scatty brain.
Julia

Surely you can't be that scatty if you're a teacher? :D That's so very reasurring though thank you! How long have you been on the diet?

I'm a medical secretary and I haven't noticed any difference in my work so far. Work has been very stressful recently and I did lose a key to one of the stores at work, that's something that's never happened to me before! But putting that down to the chaos of the office at the mo, not the diet. xx

I'm a medical secretary and I haven't noticed any difference in my work so far. Work has been very stressful recently and I did lose a key to one of the stores at work, that's something that's never happened to me before! But putting that down to the chaos of the office at the mo, not the diet. xx

That's reassuring too! Maybe it really is just atkins brain as I was maybe defficient in some vits and minerals from living on bacon and cheese :D:D

I am a medical secretary too and the only thing I wish I could forget is to turn up at work some days.

hi, I am on day 31 and actually finding the whole thing really easy now, have changed over to S and S from Exante, may chop and change alternate months until I reach 50lbs, but love the fact that we have the meals with this instead of just shakes and soups.
Keep at it, it will be worth it. x

Stressful and depressing Tara. What speciality do you work in?

I am in a GP led walk-in centre. Currently going through a contract change with the CTP. Nightmare. We are a registered practice and have walk-in patients on the side. We are massively understaffed. I was taken on as receptionist, 3 years ago, now do secretarial work, and not a penny more than I was back then. I want out. How about u? x

I'm a nanny, and find myself no less scatty than before. Mind you, that's not saying much as I am propper scatty anyway! It's half term right now which is stressing me out no end as I can't get all of my jobs done- I have about 3 hours of ironing to do and occupy two or three kids! Aaargh.

Hiya and welcome :)

I am always scatty so no change there lol i seem to be getting thicker i as i am getting older haha :)

Best of luck to you :D

Thanks everyone lol, good to know I'm not the only scatty one!

Well, an update to my diary.....

Have decided to start tomorrow instead. This decision was made last night though so it wasnt an impulsive decision, I am on the lead seat at switchboard tonight (my part time job is hospital switch and day job is hospital finance) and this means that any emergency calls go through me. Now I am not worried about the diet as much as the fact that I'm coming off venlafaxine and going on to prozac to help with my eating problems and CONSTANT lethargy (maybe ketosis will fix them first we'll see). Anyway coming off venlafaxine has some awful side effects that really made me struggle on switch yesterday! Made so many mistakes it was ridiculous, I nearly burst into tears but luckily didn't.

So I am aware this probably sounds like an excuse to put it off another day, and maybe deep down it could be - but tomorrow I have three days off with my family and I know they will support/nag/frog march me out of the kitchen if I ask them. And the only thinking I will need to think about is where to go for a walk or what to watch on telly :D

One thing I am really gutted about though is how many tomato soups I ordered :cry: was reading all the old threads on here last night and it seems it's universily decided that it is rank!! And slim and save don't do swapsies anymore :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Might see if I can sell them to some unwitting person on ebay lol

I've seen S&S stuff go for quite high on ebay, not many lots come up so may be worth a go! Certainly try it though, you may be that odd sort that actually likes it!!

Back