Ella's Refeed Diary

Ella Belle

Silver Member
I've just had my first meal! I have to say I really enjoyed it..really really really :p The only thing was I couldn't tell at what point I should stop. I tried to eat slowly so that my body could tell me when I was full. I think it must have been the right amount as I feel full-ish now but not over-full. I was also worried about the amount of food as it looked like loads but I followed the refeed sheet. I did substitute half the tuna allowance for an egg (I read here that it's okay to do that) as I had never actually eaten tuna in my life before and 110g(4oz) of tuna just seemed daunting. I decided a long time ago that after I finished LT I would try the foods that I never eat, which is really only fish. I figured if my first meal included tuna then I would eat it just because it's food and that my new taste buds might welcome the new flavour....they did..I loved it!

Here's my plan for the week:

Monday
L: Maintenance bar
D: Handful lettuce, 2 cherry tomatoes, 3 thin slices red onion, 1 red pepper stick, 1" cucumber, 1 boiled egg, 60g tuna, juice of 1/2 lemon, s&p

(can 7-up free - couldn't resist it and it tasted really good, really lemony)

Tuesday
B: Choc shake
L: Handful lettuce, 2 cherry tomatoes, 3 thin slices red onion, 1 red pepper stick, 1" cucumber, 1 boiled egg, 60g tuna, juice of 1/2 lemon, s&p
D: 110g Chicken breast, 2tbsp mangetout

Wednesday
L: Handful lettuce, 2 cherry tomatoes, 3 thin slices red onion, 1 red pepper stick, 1" cucumber, 110g chicken, juice of 1/4 lemon, balsamic vinegar, s&p
D: 110g White fish, 220g potato, 2tbsp magetout

Thursday
L: 2tsp lf soft cheese, 1tbsp chutney, 2 slices bread, handful lettuce, 2 cherry tomatoes, 3 thin slices red onion, 1 red pepper stick, 1" cucumber, balsamic vinegar, s&p
D: 110g White fish, 110g brown rice, 2 mushrooms, 1/2 onion

Friday
L: Handful lettuce, 2 cherry tomatoes, 3 thin slices red onion, 1 red pepper stick, 1" cucumber, 1 boiled egg, 60g tuna, juice of 1/2 lemon, s&p
D: 2tsp lf soft cheese, 1tbsp chutney, 2 slices bread

Saturday
B:Choc shake
L&D: Christmas day with the girls, not sure what we'll be having yet but I plan to stick to rules of refeed sheet -ish!!

Sunday
L: Handful lettuce, 2 cherry tomatoes, 3 thin slices red onion, 1 red pepper stick, 1" cucumber, 1 boiled egg, juice of 1/2 lemon, s&p
D: 110g brown pasta, whatever is in fridge after week.

Does this look okay? Is it too much? Will I be back to a size 16 at the end of it? I am terrified of putting the weight back on, although I know the theory behind why I won't, my mind just keeps saying that I will. The feeling I have after just having one meal is so nice but this feeling of having food in my stomach makes me feel like the fat is creeping back on...

I really hope this plan is okay. I'm going to go to weight watchers on Wednesday night and then next week I will probably follow ww but still have a shake every morning or at least once a day. Does anyone know what the points are in the shakes?

Last edited:
I've just worked out that each LT shake is 4 ww propoints...just writing it here so I don't forget :p

I've just had my second refeed meal, salad with tuna and egg...again..God it was gorgeous!! I don't seem to get the 'full' feeling though which I'll have to keep an eye on..last night I loved my meal but then after an hour or so I felt so bloated. I'm sitting here now trying to reconcile how I feel now to how I used to feel after my lunch (which was usually a big sandwich, bar choc/choc muffin & crisps). This feeling I have now is maybe what 'full' is supposed to feel like, and not how I used to feel, rather how I used to feel was overfull and bloated but I was so used to it after years and years that I didn't know. This feeling is actually quite nice, it's comfortable :)

I am of course paranoid that I'm already fatter but I know I couldn't be....mmm can't wait for my dinner tonight :p

The paranoia is mental isn't it? Like, OMG I've put on a stone by eating supper! Going to weigh in tomorrow for the first time in two weeks and feel quite sick at the thought of it!

Silly cow.....me that is, not you!

Ha, ha...you could just have easily been referring to me as a silly cow...it's quite apt :D

That's quite nerve-wracking about tomorrow but try not to worry about it whatever it is. You'll definitely have some ater retention and sure your new hip probably weighs at least a stone!!!!!!!!

Have you been discharged yet? x

Indeed!

Yes I'm home in bed trying to get warm! The house feels freezing after hospital. And thanks for reminding me to google how much my hip weighs! The one I held at my consultation felt quite heavy.....will HAVE to take that into account:rolleyes:

Indeed!

Yes I'm home in bed trying to get warm! The house feels freezing after hospital. And thanks for reminding me to google how much my hip weighs! The one I held at my consultation felt quite heavy.....will HAVE to take that into account:rolleyes:

OMG Ella, it apparently weighs an average of 11(yes, eleven) pounds!

OH MY GOD!!!!! That is ridiculous!! You'll have to adjust your target now..I can't believe it weighs that much!

Well, just cooked fish for the first time in my life (apart from fish fingers!!).....it kind of didn't taste of anything much at all, maybe I did it wrong. I used lemon juice and some coriander leaves, it was alright like, but nothing like my chicken last night and for lunch today. I cooked the 8oz of potatoes but I could not eat even half the amount, didn't even take them out of the pot, it was just too many..I'll save them for tomorrow or something.

In preparation for my dinner on Saturday I just made 'one-ingredients ice-cream' out of frozen bananas, I wasn't convinced it would work but it really does look amazing and my chief taster (Mammy) says it tastes yum, banana-ie but also smooth and creamy. So, when the girls are tucking into a Nigella-inspired ice-cream cake on Saturday, I'll be able to have some lovely ice-cream of my own, happily knowing that it's just a banana :p

Still feel like the weight must be going on, but today was an insanely dramatic day in work so thankfully I didn't have too much spare time to be worrying about it x

I feel thd same about fish... No flavour in the cod I had... Not like thd chicken...

I also like a lot of stuff I didn't like before and wanted to try as many new things as possible

Enjoy xx

Back