Ellbee's Take Two

Tea was lovely, my husband and 8yr old daughter loved it too, also got plenty left for work tomorrow :) stuffed now ;)

Well, first class was okay. I was 2.5 pounds heavier than my own scales said first thing in the morning with no clothes on, so about what I expected. I've changed my start weight to reflect my SW weight. I didn't particularly enjoy the group part - everyone was really nice and welcoming but I'm not sure how I'll do discussing my successes and failures with people I don't know. I may only start going to group every second week after a couple more sessions, that way I'll be able to go skating and tone up when I would've been uncomfortably sitting in class.

Here's my diary for today:

B - Black coffee
L - Mixed bean salad, apple
D - 1/4 home made pizza (272 calories, so 13.5 syns), salad with lime juice instead of dressing

Diary for today:

Brunch - 2 x weetabix (hex B & some milk from hex A)

Having friends round for dinner so making spaghetti and meatballs - made my own pork and beef mince for them so shouldn't be too bad. Starter is prawns, avocado and reduced fat cocktail sauce. pud is trifle but I'll just have a couple of spoonfuls. Will prob have half a bottle of red too.

Not even going to guess the syns but not too worried either because days like these are going to happen throughout my life - it's what I do on normal days that is more important.

Yesterday wasn't great for me as I was at a charity lunch which had a set menu. Starter was melon and sorbet, main roast chicken lunch. I didn't eat pud as it was too chocolatey for me. Also had a small glass of red wine and a flute of champagne. Dinner was prawn sandwich using my Hex B.

Today I'm back on the straight and narrow:

B - black coffee, weetabix (hex B & some milk from hex A)
L - tuna sandwich (5 syns for bread, 2.5 for salad cream), melon
D - bacon, poached egg, mushrooms (free)

Last edited:
Oddjob, how are you doing this week? I couldn't see a diary for you, so wasn't sure if you have one xx

Good day yesterday. Was mega hungry after work but kept busy and kept thinking about the cooked breakfast I was having for dinner. Here we go for today:

B - 2x weetabix with water (hex B)
L - mixed beans & sweetcorn with 1x tbspn mint sauce (1 syn), melon
D - paprika pork with brown rice, peppers & red onion.

If I really fancy it after dinner, I'll have 100g of my favourite passion fruit yoghurt at 5.5 syns, but not adding it to my menu in case I don't really want it.

Bit of a change of plan, I'm now having mash with the paprika, using some milk from my Hex A (which I'm usually well under on) and 2 syns of butter (totally worth it). I've also added lots of shallots.

Means I'll have between 3 and 8.5 syns depending on whether I have some yoghurt later.

Here's my menu for today:

B - weetabix & water (hex B)
L - mixed beans & sweetcorn, tbspn mint sauce (1 syn), melon
D - SW quiche, SW chips, green beans

Treat, only if I feel like it, will be 100g passion fruit yoghurt (5.5 syns).

Yesterday was a really good day for me. Didn't have my yoghurt after dinner, so had 3 syns all day.

Thought I'd do a little survey:

What does everyone prefer to spend their syns on? I definitely prefer to use mine to make my meals tastier rather than snacks.

I think I am a natural snacker, so if I want to lose weight, snacks are something I really feel I need to control. After almost a week of no snacks, I feel I've almost broken the habit, although I could still eat my body weight in salt & vinegar crisps ;)

First weigh-in tomorrow. Going by the scales this morning (I am a serial weigher) I'm down 3lbs. If this is the same tomorrow evening I will be well chuffed :).

Dinner has changed tonight as well, as I'm now going to see The Who. Have a quick turnaround, so will have 5.5 Spicy Curry Pot Noodley syns to stop me being tempted later. Brings my syns for the day to 6.5 which is fine. First weigh-in tomorrow...

Eep big weigh-in today - really hope I record a loss for my first week. According to my scales, which have decided to need new batteries this morning, I'm down about 3lbs, but will need to wait (or should that be weight!) and see.

The Who gig was amazing last night, although I did sneak a tiny slice of cold pizza DH had left me. I reckon about 6 syns, which would make me 12.5 for the day.

Here's my menu for today:

B - weetabix with water, melon
L - mixed beans & sweetcorn with 1x tbsp mint sauce (1syn), melon
D - spaghetti with homemade meatballs (2 syns) Parmesan from hex A, green beans.

Yoghurt at 5.5 syns if I need it.

I made my own beef and pork mince, and trimmed all visible fat beforehand, so I'm assuming it'll be free. The 2 syns come from 10g polenta per portion of meatballs.

Last edited:
Hope all goes wonderfully well at class tonight… me and my friend go when we think we are due a sticker now.. normally we go weigh in… giggle at the fact we only come for the stickers and then do one.. even our Consultant laughs at us now… she knows we are due one if we are sitting in front of her.. It can be uncomfortable class to be honest and if you do have a great excuse to go exercising after weight in instead then I reckon thats a good thing! :p

Have fun xx

I lost 4lbs!!!!!!!! I am so freaking happy :):)

Still on a high from last night. Plan for today:

B - weetabix & water (hex B)
L - mixed beans & sweetcorn with 1 tbsp mint sauce (1 syn)
D - SW quiche with courgette

Going to a beer festival later but will try to be reasonably good. Definitely wont be going OTT as getting hair cut in the morning.

Hmmm was so tempted to fall off the wagon today at lunchtime (tbh still feel a bit like that now). I showed restraint and bought some wafer thin ham to have with my salad and beans, instead of something really naughty, which is what I fancied. Hopefully the feeling will have passed by the time I get home.

SW quiche tonight. Great success

Was at a beer festival last night at the rugby club. I wasn't great but could have been way worse. I had 4 half pints of craft beers but no food, other than the 2 mini quiches I has before I left.

Plans for today:
B/L - SW quiche
D - SW dinner kebab with homemade pitta and touchiest & chilli sauce, onion & salad. May make a few SW chips too.

Will work put syns when I'm cooking (and the pitta recipe for any who want it)but shouldn't be bad as I'm making my own lamb mince so it should be free as I'll remove the fat.

I may have a couple of glasses of wine with DH, as he's on a bit of a downer as the Limp Bizkit gig tonight has been cancelled, but if he has beer I'll probably just have water.

Yet again today's plans have changed. I nipped to the rugby club after getting my hair done as real ale festival was still on. Only had 2/3 of a half pint of beer as wasn't really in the mood. I did however have a hog roast roll with apple sauce for lunch - no idea the syns.

Decided to have kebab for dinner tomorrow as I couldn't me areas mincing the lamb then making the kebab meat, so made a pizza instead. My share was 13.5 syns. Instead of halving it with the hubster I now only have a slice every second serving and gas some roasted courgette during the slices I was missing. Also having 3 small glasses of red, which is another 13.5 syns.

Hoping it doesn't affect me too much as I've been well under on my syns all week, with the exception if Wednesday when I had 13 (or 13.5 - cant remember and can't check on phone).

Tomorrow will be:

B - 2 x weetabix (hex b)
L - SW quiche & roasted courgette (1 syn for spray olive oil)
D - SW doner kebab, homemade pitta, yoghurt chilli sauce & salad (need to work out syns but reckon pitta will be about 9 and and sauce will be 2 or 3), so will still be under 15 for the day :)

Pitta bread recipe - makes 8

2 tsp dried yeast
375g - 400g wholemeal bread flour
1tsp honey
2 tbsp nigella seeds
Drizzle of olive oil
Approx 300 ml lukewarm water

Mix together all ingredients except water. Slowly add water until mixture is damp but not sticky. Put into a bow, cover tightly with cling film and leave approx 1 hr until about double in size.

Preheat oven and baking tray/stone to 220 degrees.

Divide mixture into 8 and roll into pitta shape. Bake for approximate 10-12 minutes or until puffed up and lightly browned.

ETA: each pitta weighs approx 65g, so should be okay for a hex B on a lowing syn day, I think. If not they have 177 calories so would be 9 syns.

Last edited:
Had no breakfast, so used my Hex B on a homemade wholemeal pitta.

L - SW quiche & Salad + 1 tsp dressing (1syn)
D - SW doner kebab, fat free chilli yoghurt sauce (2 syns), salad + 1 tsp dressing (1 syn), small red wine (4.5 syns)
S - 10g Lindt chocolate (3.5 syns)

image-4036420560.jpg

Good day so far. Have enjoyed everything I've eaten and it has all felt like proper weekend food.

12 syns in total for the day.

Monday - Thursday I'll be aiming for around 5 syns (or less) a day, then will let myself go up to 15 or a bit over at weekends.

Last edited:
Back