Ellbee's Take Two

Monday's around again, so it's time to be a bit stricter for a few days. Not decided fully on my meal plan today, but going to The Breeders gig tonight, so dinner will have to be something quick:

B - apple
L - wholemeal pitta (hex B), ham, cheese (hex A), 1 tbsp chutney (2 syns)
D - beef pho Kabuto noodles (2 syns) & green beans

Tomorrow is Bruce Springsteen gig and we're going for a late lunch beforehand. I'll pick whatever seems the most SW-friendly and hope for the best!

Last edited:
Today's diary:

B - 2 x weetabix (hex B), apple
L/D - eating out, but will opt for a salad, non-breaded/battered fish or tomato based pasta dish

Hello chuck, I've come to swipe that lovely pitta bread recipe of yours muwahaha :D

I'm another one who ran away from minis for a good 18 months before coming back as a regular - I missed it a lot during my absence, putting up food diaries on here really helps me keep on track. Plus I get to find nice people like you to steal food ideas from, fabulousness :)

Hope you're having a great week and enjoy/ed the Bruce Springsteen gig! xxx

LoChan, hope you enjoy the pitta. I think next time I'll make 10-12 with that amount then they should be within the Hex B limit (the last time I used the recipe I wasn't doing SW so wasn't concerned about the weight of them).

Yesterday wasn't ideal for me. Bruce Springsteen made it all worth while though. Had my 2 hex B weetabix for brekkie, then had prawn cocktail, steak with 1.5 onion rings and about 9 chips, then a ball of ice cream - total syns, probably about 45 million :sign0007:

Will try to have a max of 2 syns today. Here's what I'm planning:

B/L - Apple & Melon
D - Wholemeal pitta (hex B), homemade doner meat (free) yoghurt chilli sauce (2 syns), salad.

Weigh-in tomorrow and terrified I haven't lost anything this week. Need to get new scales, as changing the batteries didn't help mine and they are officially dead.

Hmmn can't help frowning at Apple and Melon for breakfast and lunch hun :( Don't be overly strict with yourself even after a high syn day, it's not very good for you.

Good luck for tomorrow, whatever happens it's only one week so try not to worry xxxx

Thanks for the concern LoChan, believe it or not, I find a really strict day after a blow out helps be get back on the straight and narrow easier - I am such a grazer by nature - back to normal today (but with a very light lunch as it's weigh-in day. Went for a nice 6.4 mile walk last night and going to go roller skating tonight and Sunday, as I've not done a huge amount exercise the past week.

Today's meal plan:

B - 2 x weetabix (hex B) with water, apple
L - Melon
D - SW quiche, SW chips, salad (I'll put my Hex A allowance of cheese in the quiche and may syn a teaspoon of salad dressing since the rest of my day has been syn free).

Half a pound off tonight. Really pleased because I was sure I would've gained. Didn't help that last night decided to become that time of the month.

Stuck to plan but didn't bother having the SW chips with my free quiche. Did have a teaspoon of salad dressing though.

Loving these wee quiches right now. Will have a couple for lunch tomorrow too.

image-102862850.jpg

Yay to your loss! And aww those quiches are really cute, do they taste as good as they look?

Mmn as long as you don't give yourself too hard a time with food strictness it's cool, whatever works best for you :) Did you have your hexa of cheese with the quiches at least? I'm a worrier lol xx

LoChan, they are delicious - I'm having 2 for lunch today with a salad. I used 60g of cheddar in 12 quiches, so have some hex A. They have quark in them too. I have to watch with not eating too much dairy as it can make me feel a bit sick.

Diary for today is:

B- Weetabix (hex B) & melon
L - SW quiche & salad with 1 tsp dressing (1 syn)
D - Wholewheat pasta with creamy (or should that be fat free Greek yoghurty!!!) tomato sauce, 1 x tbsp parmesan (from hex A), cherries

I might give quiches with quark a go for this weekend - I remember not liking them with cottage cheese 'cause of the lumpy consistency but quark might be okay :)

I can't even look at cottage cheese, let alone eat it. They are delicious with quark. I used one tub quark, 4 eggs + 1 yolk (kept the white back for chips I didn't make), cooked half a red, green and orange pepper in a couple of sprays of olive oil and chopped a giant spring onion to put in it too. I also added some ham and cheese. Lined the muffin tin with ham and poured it in. They're a current favourite in our house at the moment - hubster (he of the 30" waist jeans!!) loves them too.

Thanks for the recipe info - I'm looking forward to trying them and experimenting with different ingredients - they'll be great for me to take as a packed lunch for work too. With those and your pitta recipe I'm set for next week I reckon :D

You're welcome, Lo. I love cooking :).

Today's food:

Brunch - SW quiche, mushrooms (have decided I don't really like mushrooms very much anymore)

Dinner - clams & giant couscous (1 syn of olive oil)

Might have 20g of chocolate later, as I'm booze free this week and might need something to cheer me up (and crisps are fatal for me). Will pay it by ear though.

Tomorrow I'm planning:

B - weetabix
L - ham & poached egg
D - Mexican chicken humble pie (hex A for feta cheese and some syns for cornmeal - I think 1.5 but I'll need to check quantities when I'm making the pie), salad

Here's my one syn dinner. Giant couscous with clams, adapted from a Nigella recipe. It was really delicious:

image-36394639.jpg

Stuck to plan yesterday other than I cut out lunch as was late having my weetabix and humble pie ended up being turkey, ham & courgette, not chicken & courgette. Today's intentions:

B - Weetabix (Hex B), Melon
L - Apple + something - no idea what though
D - Humble pie (Hex A + 1.5 syns)

I think today may be a struggle. Need to think of something I can pick up at Asda for lunch, as I don't think an apple will keep me satisfied. May treat myself to a 5.5 syn yoghurt after dinner tonight, which will bring my daily total up to 7, which gives me a little leeway for lunch.

Yesterday was a real struggle -ended up having a whole tin of beans with some ham for lunch. Didn't have the yoghurt after dinner but having some with lunch today. Went for a 7 mile walk last night, which prevented me from raiding the fridge. Today's plan:

B - apple
L - wholemeal roll (hex B), ham, light Philadelphia (hex A), tsp chutney (1 syn), yoghurt (5.5syns), melon.
D - salmon, peppers, noodles.

Last edited:
Yesterday was a good day. I fried the peppers in a couple of sprays of olive oil (0.5 syn) then added soy sauce, the juice of a lemon Chinese 5-spice and 1/4 tsp sugar (0.5 syn) and added a bundle of ramen noodles (served 2). Steamed a couple of salmon fillets in the microvave, flaked the thin half of each one through the noodle and pepper mixture and served the fat half on top of the noodles - was delicious and only 1 syn. I really enjoyed the yoghurt at lunchtime too - kept the hunger pangs at bay and worth 5.5 syns for a treat (I'm not a lover of muller lights or other ones like that).

Today I'm having:

B - apple
L - wholemeal roll (Hex B), ham, scraping of Light Philadelphia (part of Hex A), tsp chutney (1 syn), yoghurt (5.5 syns), melon
D - humble pie (1.5 syns plus remainder of Hex A), green beans.

Hubster bought me Rick Stein's India book yesterday. At a first glance I'm sure there are a lot of recipes I can make SW-friendly. Got a friend coming round for dinner tomorrow, so think I'll do a fish curry with boiled rice.

Weigh-in tonight - I'm really hoping for a 2lb loss, although 2.5 would give me my half stone.

Here's my diary for today:

B - coffee (really didn't fancy anything)
L - wholemeal roll (hex B), tsp Light Philadelphia (from Hex A), ham, 1 tsp chutney (1 syn), melon, yoghurt (5.5 syns)
D - Fish curry (1.5 syns of veg oil), boiled rice, green beans

Back