Ellbee's Take Two

ellbee

I am utterly ashamed to say I haven't been here in almost 2 years and nothing much has changed for me (other than an extra lbs), but I'm back with a vengeance and going to my first SW class on Thursday. I can't even remember syn values etc but going to get back I the habit of a diary, even though I'm not officially on the diet yet (also want to prevent a few days of binging). So far today, I've had:

Breakfast - hot cross bun & Laughing Cow (guessing around 10 syns and a HexA)
Snack - pack of Belvita biscuits (12 syns - totally not worth it and the last time I eat them)
Lunch - roast chicken (no skin), Tbspn Nandos lemon & herb dressing (0.5 syns), 100g Collective passion fruit yoghurt (5.5 delicious syns).

Looking at this, I think as of tomorrow, I'll be having my little pot of yoghurt for breakfast and ditching the belvitas and hot-cross buns.

Will try for as syn-free a dinner as possible. On the plus side, I'm going for a 5+ mile walk after dinner.

Went for a nice 7.5 mile walk tonight. SW chips an a hotdog (need to wait til I do shopping this week for SW-friendly stuff)

Today's menu:

Breakfast - passion fruit yoghurt (5 syns)
Lunch - pasta (free) pesto (6 syns), pineapple (free)
Afternoon treat (only if I really need it) 1/3 peanut butter chunky kitkat (4 syns)
Dinner - cheese omelette (hex a + however many syns eggs are)
Exercise - 1.5 hours of roller hoc

Left hip/bum cheek sore after all that walking last night. Think I have a little sciatica flare up. Must be the tone-up trainers. Hopefully can skate it off tonight.

Really looking forward to my first ever SW class on Thursday.

Eggs are free so no need to worry about your syns. I am from Scotland too, so I'm going to be following your progress even if it makes me feel a bit homesick. :(

Good luck with your first class, sounds exciting, I've never been to one, mostly coz I keep moving to bloomin countries that don't have classes, I'm signed up for 3 months online though to keep me on the straight and narrow!

We can do it !

Lanarkwitch, you are doing so well, thank you for your encouragement. Thanks for the tip about the eggs, omelette was great. Had a nice salad with it.

You'd be homesick if you could see Scotland today, one of those rare beautiful sunny days.

I too am in a similar situation, not been on here for well over 12 months and i'm currently at my heaviest 12st 4lb, not joining SW as I work shifts which always seem to land on club weigh days also ive noticed the local club has changed venu 4 times in the last 12 months which I think would be unsettling so i'm doing it by myself with hopefully some motivation and support from on here. Im going shopping tomorrow to buy all my food so will be starting properly tomorrow :)

Good luck oddjob, I'm sure you'll do wonderfully. Ill do my online shop today, a bit of a pain as class isn't until tomorrow night but I'll hopefully be able to use some common sense and ask a few questions and buy some sensible stuff.

Talking about questions, does anyone know if melon is superfree? I just remembered this morning about Superfree. I'm doing a mixed bean salad with sweetcorn for lunch. I'll syn mint sauce and a tiny bit of olive oil.

Excellent, thanks oddjob. I'm not fussed on watermelon but love all the others.

So far my diary for today is looking like:

Breakfast - passion fruit yoghurt (5.5 syns)

Lunch - mixed beans & sweetcorn (free) with mint sauce (1 syn). Sound horrible but its really nice. Didn't even bother with the olive oil I was going to use. Melon (superfree)

Dinner - cheese omelette (hex a) and salad (superfree)

Exercise - I hr of yoga. If I have time I'll walk too and from class (1.5 miles each way)

I had 2 boiled eggs for breakfast on their own, bit boring I know but started with a cold so not feeling the greatest today and can't really taste much :( however they are Free. Not decided on dinner yet but tea tonight is chicken chassuer, jacket potatoe, Broccolli and carrots, followed by a bannana. The mixed bean recipe sounds lovely, I like anything with mint in. :)

I had 2 boiled eggs for breakfast on their own, bit boring I know but started with a cold so not feeling the greatest today and can't really taste much :( however they are Free. Not decided on dinner yet but tea tonight is chicken chassuer, jacket potatoe, Broccolli and carrots, followed by a bannana. The mixed bean recipe sounds lovely, I like anything with mint in. :)

I'm not a great breakfast eater but can usually force myself to eat some yoghurt when I get to work - I buy a big tub then decant it into a little 100ml tub.

I'd love your chicken chasseur recipe. My mixed bean one isn't even a recipe - I soak a big pack of mixed beans overnight then boil them until they're cooked, add a big tin of drained sweetcorn and 4 tablespoons of mint sauce, then mix the lot together. It does 6-8 decent sized lunch portions.

Just home and have such a craving for something stodgy and salty. Better make my omelette quickly before I change my mind as its not very appealing at the moment!

Well majorly screwed up - ended up having popcorn for tea - cooked in a tiny bit of oil but only salt added once it was done (I reckon about 8 syns) followed by a Reeses peanut butter cup (prob about 4 syns), so that brings me up to a whopping 18.5 syns and even more disappointing, most of them were made up of junk :(

My big day today -starting class this evening. I'm a scale hopper, so went on them this morning and my start weight is the same as in my stats (I realise it will be up a few pounds at night). Here's what I'll behaving today - want to put my junk binge of last night far behind me.

Breakfast - passion fruit yoghurt (5.5 syns)

Lunch - mixed beans & sweetcorn (free) with mint sauce (1 syn). Apple (superfree?)

Dinner - Fishcake (149 cals, so 7.5 syns), wholemeal roll (hex B) tbspn coleslaw (2 syns) and salad (superfree)

Exercise - missing roller skating to go to class. Might walk there and back (1.5 miles each way) if I have enough time.

Total for the day - 16.5 syns and no junk :D

I would syn for a reeses pb cup they are so moreish though I can get through those, no multipacks allowed in this house!!

Put it behind you, draw a line, food looks good for today, hope tonight goes well xx

I would syn for a reeses pb cup they are so moreish though I can get through those, no multipacks allowed in this house!!

Put it behind you, draw a line, food looks good for today, hope tonight goes well xx

Yeah they're really nice. I don't mind sinning them occassionally because I only eat chocolate once every 2 or 3 weeks or so. Crisps, popcorn and red wine on the other hand...
:break_diet:

Got my first weight in tonight. I'm quite nervous, even though I know what the scales will say as I weigh myself almost every day. I think I'm mostly worried in case there's anyone there who knows my from years back when I was thinner. I know one of my friends and her parents go, because I'm meeting them there, but they've only known me as a chub.

I never ended up having my planned tea either lastnight, however I did manage to find an alternative of a warm salad- baby new potatoes, bacon (all visible fat removed), asparagus, spinich and tomatoes but then let myself down by adding grilled hallumi cheese...it was delicious though ;) anyway todays food has been:

Breakfast: ww wholemeal bread x2 slices (no butter) with cooked chopped tomatoes, chopped bacon and 28g low fat feta cheese crumbled over.

Lunch: banana and melon

Tea: Slimming world recipe- homemade meatball and vegatable casserole all free on EE

Not had it before but it looks and smells fantastic so far, i'll let you know how it is. :)

Ooo sounds delicious and your breakfast sounds amazing too. Think ill try that for brunch at the weekend. Mmm I adore halloumi.

Back