ProPoints Ellen's diary on her way to SIZE 10!!!

Do u have weeklies left for hot dog?

Chicken sounds nice :) x

Hi Carly, I had a blow out at a restaurant on Friday so I am allotting all my weeklies to that and am carrying on as if I have no weeklies left. I caved in and had the hotdog and I am still hungry. I ate two pieces of the leftover chicken from dinner too. This is the first day since I joined ww that I have felt really hungry, it is the feeling like your stomach is a bottomless pit and no amount of food will fill it. I hope I'm not like this tomorrow.
The chicken was gorgeous, the recipe is in the current WW magazine. Only thing I would change is that I would add much more paprika, cumin, black pepper and garlic granules than the recipe states. And the leftovers from the fridge taste even better lol

Yummy!!! Hungry days suck! Maybe time for bed ;) x

leftovers are the best !!!! x

I saw that chicken recipe and it looks so yummy. I'm glad it tastes good too. I'm going to make it some time this week. Probably Wednesday. :) x

Anj, the only problem with that recipe is what do you do with the leftover buttermilk??? I had to buy a litre and only needed 75ml, I guess I'll have to put the apron on and bake a cake of soda bread. Chicken was yummy though and really simple to make, will def be making it again.

12th July 2011

Skim milk for tea 1

30g porridge 3
Skim milk 1

Nectarine, pear 0

1 bread 2
2 Denny Skinless sausages 4
1tbsp Ballymaloe Tomato Relish 1

60g spaghetti 6
40g chorizo 5
Tinned tomatoes 0
Red Pepper 0
Banana with ww Toffee yogurt 1

2 squares Dairy Milk 2
1 Tesco Light Choices Lemon cake 2
Pink and White wafer 1

Total 29/29

I could easily have gone way over my points today so had to fight hard to restrain myself from giving in to the desire to snack.

The chorizo and pepper pasta for dinner was a recipe from the current issue of ww magazine. It is an ok dish but nothing spectacular. The chorizo is really high in fat, loads of oil come out when you put it in the pan. I didn't have a jar of roasted peppers so I blackened a fresh pepper under the grill and peeled the skin off and it worked fine. I also added some paprika and black pepper for more flavour.

I fell flat on my face whilst in town yesterday and having bruising on my jaw and chin that looks awful. I also twisted my ankle and it is very swollen and painful and I can't walk on it at all. So I spent yesterday and today just lying on the sofa. I am worried the lack of exercise will prevent me from having a loss when I weigh in on Thursday. Hopefully I will be able to walk again by tomorrow as the swelling seems to be going down.

Sounds nice but wow chorizo is high ;) and hope u heal soon! Poor thing xx

Hi Ellen, hope the bruising and swelling goes down soon x x :hug99:

Poor Ellen. Hope you're feeling better. x

Thanks Claire, Carly and Anj. I can hobble around on it today so at least I can get around. Though the bruising on my face makes me look like I've been beaten up, it's embarrassing.
On the all important food side, I am making chicken and mushrooms in a garlic white wine sauce today. I've made it once before and it is delicious, it is a recipe I found online and tweaked to make it low in points.
Tomorrow is weigh in day, it comes around so fast. I have resisted hopping on the scales since last wi so haven't a clue if I am up or down or what. 2lbs would take me to the all important 14lbs loss, I can't wait to have that first stone off.

Wed 13th July 2011

Skim milk for tea 1

2 boiled eggs 4
I toast 2
1 Alpen Light bar 2

Wild Orchard blueberry smoothie 1
Alpen Light bar 2

Homemade Chicken & Mushrooms
in a Garlic White Wine Sauce 7
60g basmati rice 6

Half Terrys Choc Orange bar 3

Total 28/29

Only 1 point left so will probably have a sliced banana with a ww Toffee yogurt on top before I go to bed. I would prefer more choc but WI is in the morning and I really want to have a 2lb loss.

The Garlic Chicken for dinner was delicious, it is my second time making it and it is definitely going to be a regular dinner for me. I actually left some rice on my plate and I always clear every bit of my plate so there must be something serious wrong with me lol

The Alpen Light bars are becoming my downfall, I usually don't eat anything sweet during the day but I had one for breakfast and another in the evening so I will just have to stop buying them.

Good luck for WI tomorrow x

Good luck tomorrow Ellen.
Any chance you could post the recipe for the chicken please? x

I'd love the chicken recipe too chick if its no bother?
Hows the ankle?! Poor Ellen! Sad times :( good luck for tomorrows weigh in, you'll do great! X

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

Thanks all, ankle is getting better but still can't walk very far on it. Just have to be patient I guess.
I will post the Garlic Chicken recipe on the pps recipe thread, just don't blame me if you all end up guzzling the leftover wine you will have from this recipe!

Oooo I will look for that recipe (if I remember! Lol) good luck for WI! Glad u feel a bit better u poor love xx

Well this morning was weigh in day and the results are....drum roll..... I lost 1lb, so I now weigh in at 11st10lbs. I am disappointed I didn't lose 2lbs so as to achieve my first stone loss but after losing 5.5lbs last week I wasn't expecting a big loss again this week. Hopefully next Thursday will see me down at least another pound and then I will have that all important first stone lost. After that my next mini goal will be to get down to 11 and a half stone and then to 11 stone and so on.
I didn't have a big blowout today as I usually do on wi day as I want to stop spending all my weeklies on day one of the week. So I treated myself to a 2pp lemon drizzle cake slice after breakfast and that was that. At least this way I will have weeklies left for the week - which is what they are for!
The thing that bothers me is that I measure my waist every week and I have yet to lose a single inch of it although I have 13lbs lost. I am a typical apple shape, I carry 90% of my weight around my middle, so where is the fat falling from then? I just want my huge belly to go down so I find this frustrating.

My ankle is better, I can walk quite normally now though stairs are still difficult. I've really lost my mojo for exercise. The mere thought of exercise makes me feel depressed, even walking is a turn off, I don't know why.

Very sensible plan to save the weeklies :) and well done on ur loss! U will get that other lb next week :) xx

Back