Ellie G's 100lb Drop

Aww so glad your bf is being good it is so important to have that support :)

hi ellie i know exactly how you have been feeling today ive been feeling exactly the same way and i dont know why because its not even a hunger that im starving i think its more i just want to put something in my gob and chew (and def not the bars) i even had to go to bed for an hour,but yay for getting your jacket done up that really does give you a buzz, hope tomorrows a better day for you xxxx

Ellie_G said:
Having a bit of a crappy day today with the diet. Been feeling hungry and dizzy and bleh. But....I tried on a jacket I couldn't close 2 weeks ago and it now closes, yaaaay :D

Great news on the jacket :D

Hi Ellie, well done on that great loss so far. Your reasons for eating hit home to me, I really cant cope very well with diets with choices, as too much battle of wills with me to choose wisely.
Day 23 for me and I do like the feeling of not having to worry about food.
Anyway good luck, battle through a busy work time!

Money

It's amazing how much richer I am just not buying food. I spend £30-£40 per week on coffee and lunches for work then eat out once or twice per week spending around £15 - £30 a time. Not to mention weekend wine, trip to the pub, buying special food in for the weekend etc.

So I treated myself to a couple of books on Amazon instead and I'm still quids in :)

Tis funny to think the main thing putting me off the diet would be that it could end up a waste of money. :p

Hi Ellie. Wow your story is pretty much my story to the tee. I think many of us are in that same boat.

I'm starting on Monday.

Good luck and keep it up. I know just how draining a long work week can be. I work shifts and regularly do 12 hrs. It hits all kinds of low.

Look forward to reading about your progress.

hiya Ellie just thought id drop by to see how your doing reading your first post of the diary could just be me writting it i think in many ways thats how we all got in the same boat your doing amazingly well i know what you mean about the money side too we've actually still got money in our joint account which is rare lol keep it up xx

Well I had another not so great day at work but it hasn't shaken me from the diet. Instead I had a moan about it to my bf, got a cuddle then decided to think on the positives. My job is a stepping stone to the real job I want so it's not going to last forever anyway, just gotta stick it out. In all truthfulness, it's probably the best job I've ever had to date but it's just a very busy time we're having right now and it will calm down. More overtime tomorrow night but only until 7pm which isn't so bad.

This is day 13 on exante and so far so good. I've decided to only weigh on a Wednesday and the anticipation of looking at those scales is killing me but I will stick to my resolve. I did do some measurements the other day and I've lost 2 inches off my waist and various inches off everywhere else so that's very good. My work trousers which were kind of tight on me over 2 weeks ago are constantly needing pulled up. I bought new jeans 3 weeks ago that were too tight with the thought that I'll slim into them and I now can't wear them without a belt!! Also, the jacket I wear to work; 3 weeks ago, rather embarrisingly, I was unable to fasten it any more and now it fastens fine! Everything is getting looser :)

In other news, I tried the tomato and basil soup yesterday and couldn't finish it. It made me want to throw up! I tried tobasco but that didn't help at all. I'm also not terribly keen on the bars, sometimes they taste nice and other times I struggle to keep chewing them. They are convenient to carry around but I'm seriously thinking about only getting shakes next. I enjoy all of the shakes. I have a shaker bottle I could use in work - it might raise more diet related questions in the staff room but at least I'd be able to finish it. I was at Asda yesterday and bought a biggest loser bar to try and first bite I was all "mmm yummy different taste!" but the more I chewed, the worse it tasted! I also got some Asda Measure Up bars but I haven't tried them yet. So I don't know what to do, I might buy a box of shakes and a box of mushroom soup on its own on my next order, we'll see.

Not much else to report except that I'm still amazed at how much easier this diet is than other diets. When I was on WW I thought about food all of the time. I'd be thinking about what I could eat next and when and whether it would be allowed and about things that might taste nice and feeling hungry and deprived when I ran out of points. Exante makes me feel like I'm liberated from all of that and it's a good feeling.

Ellie_G said:
Well I had another not so great day at work but it hasn't shaken me from the diet. Instead I had a moan about it to my bf, got a cuddle then decided to think on the positives. My job is a stepping stone to the real job I want so it's not going to last forever anyway, just gotta stick it out. In all truthfulness, it's probably the best job I've ever had to date but it's just a very busy time we're having right now and it will calm down. More overtime tomorrow night but only until 7pm which isn't so bad.

This is day 13 on exante and so far so good. I've decided to only weigh on a Wednesday and the anticipation of looking at those scales is killing me but I will stick to my resolve. I did do some measurements the other day and I've lost 2 inches off my waist and various inches off everywhere else so that's very good. My work trousers which were kind of tight on me over 2 weeks ago are constantly needing pulled up. I bought new jeans 3 weeks ago that were too tight with the thought that I'll slim into them and I now can't wear them without a belt!! Also, the jacket I wear to work; 3 weeks ago, rather embarrisingly, I was unable to fasten it any more and now it fastens fine! Everything is getting looser :)

In other news, I tried the tomato and basil soup yesterday and couldn't finish it. It made me want to throw up! I tried tobasco but that didn't help at all. I'm also not terribly keen on the bars, sometimes they taste nice and other times I struggle to keep chewing them. They are convenient to carry around but I'm seriously thinking about only getting shakes next. I enjoy all of the shakes. I have a shaker bottle I could use in work - it might raise more diet related questions in the staff room but at least I'd be able to finish it. I was at Asda yesterday and bought a biggest loser bar to try and first bite I was all "mmm yummy different taste!" but the more I chewed, the worse it tasted! I also got some Asda Measure Up bars but I haven't tried them yet. So I don't know what to do, I might buy a box of shakes and a box of mushroom soup on its own on my next order, we'll see.

Not much else to report except that I'm still amazed at how much easier this diet is than other diets. When I was on WW I thought about food all of the time. I'd be thinking about what I could eat next and when and whether it would be allowed and about things that might taste nice and feeling hungry and deprived when I ran out of points. Exante makes me feel like I'm liberated from all of that and it's a good feeling.

Glad it's going well :) and yeah the tomato soup made me sick too :(

Well don Hun your doing great big yay for looser clothes!! Keep up the good work xx

Sent from my iPhone love n hugs Kel xx

Well, this has been one long week. I'm so glad it's Friday tomorrow!!

Tonight I went to the pub after work for someones leaving do and I wasn't tempted by the booze or all the food they were eating. I had a sparkling water with ice and a straw and was fine. I don't fancy going on a proper night out at all whilst on exante but popping into the pub for a couple of hours to show face was ok.

I weighed in on Wednesday there and lost 5 lbs which brings my total loss to 15lbs and I'm happy with that :) I know it will slow down and as a result might get harder but seeing my own quick loss and that of others on minimins who have started before me really makes me think this is 100% doable. For the first time I'm actually thinking about what I'll wear when I fit into clothes in a normal shop. In a couple of months I could be down a couple of dress sizes and able to fit into size 18/20 tops. I was shopping tonight and already eyeing up winter coats in smaller sizes thinking "hmm I might buy that in a few months". For the first time I can really see myself slim in my minds eye whereas before I always imagined I'd never really go below a size 16. I think I'd like to be a 12/14 on top and 10/12 bottom. That's what I was when I was 17 years old and that's when I looked healthiest. I was just over 10 stone then, under that and I looked rather gaunt. So that's my goal weight at the moment.

Nearly 3 years ago I managed to get down to a top size 18 so I own a pile of size 18 tops I would like to be wearing by around xmas time. I also own other tops that had become too small in the past year. Over the weekend or maybe a night next week, I'm going to try them all on. Find out if anything fits yet and give myself things to aim for too.

I suppose my clothing goals would be:

• Get top and bottom under a size 16.
  • Be able to wear nice dresses.
  • Able to wear high heels (whilst my feet fit heels fine, they utterly kill my feet and I can't walk in them too well - I think it might be easier if I were lighter).
  • Start dressing well, get nice clothes, be a bit fashionable, start co-ordinating clothes. (right now it's mostly, not always but mostly, black trousers and tops I wear).
  • To never again be buying trousers in New Look and realise that my trousers are so big that the cashier putting them in the bag could probably fit her whole body in one of the trouser legs quite easily :eek:
  • Ability to walk into the majority of clothes shops knowing that most of the things in the shop will fit me.

Lovely aims Ellie, been dreaming of simlilar clothes dreams myself this week!! Least we not dreaming of food...how good is that!
Good luck and 15lbs so far...amazing.

Today I finished reading "Why We Get Fat" by Gary Taubes after purchasing it when I read someone on minimins recommending it. It made a lot of sense. It promotes low carb diets and it gave a lot of information about how weight loss information put forward currently by the government and media came about in the first place.

I did a low carb diet a few years ago and a lot of the weight fell off me. My only problem then was that it was low carb and low calorie so it wasn't terribly sustainable. I was probably taking in less energy than I do on exante plus exercising for an hour each day! Anyway, the book made a lot of sense to me so I have decided once I complete exante I will regularly eat a low carb diet and follow the guidelines given in the book. I've also ordered the new atkins book to have a read at that too.

In other news, I'm having a quiet weekend staying in and not doing much. We had a family birthday yesterday so I avoided birthday cake and an Indian takeaway by hiding out in my room. I did go see a late movie last night and didn't buy any cinema munchies which is good :) I really don't crave or want food at all. I did get hungry when the bf bought a cinema hot dog but he had it gone in minutes so it didn't last. I had some coke zero with me to drink during the film and that was fine.

I've been reading about peoples AAM weeks lately. Mine is still a few weeks off, I know it says every 4 weeks but mine will be after 6 weeks (starting 21/09) so that it will tie in with my birthday that weekend. My plan was to keep it low carb/high protein but with a tiny slice of birthday cake and maybe a glass of some alcohol but I'm not too sure if I want the cake and alcohol after reading that book. Would it be enough to just go out for a nice meat and vegetables meal that night and not bother with dessert or cake? I'll have a think about it. I know people on here have had alcohol and carbs then managed to go back on the diet but at the same time, I think I'd like to stay in ketosis if I can. Not only will it be my birthday but the following 2 days I'll be in London for a show so I'll be eating out then too. I don't see this as a problem, so long as I'm not tempted to eat anything I shouldn't it should be fine. The hardest bit will be no theatre ice cream as that was one of the wee routine things I used to always get at the theatre interval. In saying that, I think I'll have lost 2 stone by my birthday and I'd rather be 2 stone lighter than eat theatre interval ice cream any day :)

I'm looking forward to my weigh in on Wednesday. Hoping to have lost another 5lbs which would make it 20lbs off in 3 weeks. In saying that I'll be pleased at any loss really.

Hi ellie, well I can help with the theatre interval......

Went to see south pacific in london on thurs night (fabulous by the way!) was 5 hr drive there so I didnt drink much water on way so we didnt have to kkep stopping, got there had a pret tuna salad as my aam.....
Had 500ml water then, pre theatre drink in bar had another 500ml, so of course by interval I was desp for the loo!! I ran past the ice cream man! Queued for all the interval (lots of middle agers like me desp too!) and got back to my seat for next part of musical! No time to scoff!!

Have good rest of weekend and your weight loss fab!

Obsession?

When I went to the doctor in July to ask what he thought of me doing a VLCD he said he was all for it. He then went on to tell me that any diet will work so long as I'm "rigid and stick to routines". As an aside he also said the people who tend to do best at dieting are people who are mildly OCD and they end up thinking about it all the time. So if possible "try to get a wee bit obsessive about doing your diet" he said. It's not a hard thing to do really and I think I am kind of obsessed with it. Then again, I suppose food used to take up a lot of my thinking time too so I've replaced it with vlcdthink instead. It just seems every conversation I have comes back to the diet or about a goal I wish to achieve on the diet. I'm beginning to worry I'm sounding like a broken record! I spent the majority of the evening reading on here, looking at before and after pics, looking at stuff I'll buy when all the weight is off and chatting with my mum for about an hour about diets. So based on that, I might be a bit obsessed but at least I'm following the docs prescription! :p

I'm the same Ellie but I think generally if you gave got as big as some of us have then it's because food is much more than a source of nutrition for us and as such removing it does cause obsessive thinking etc
I just try and remind myself although it is quite all consuming it will be over much quicker so we probably do no mire obsessing than any other dieter if you add it all up ;)

Back