Ellie G's 100lb Drop

Ellie_G said:
**Warning - Mentions food and cravings**

The past couple of days have been a wee bit....not so much harder but...different?....things have been tempting me in an indirect type of way if that makes sense.

I've had a couple of food dreams. One at the weekend I dreamt that the bf bought a chinese takeaway, he left the room, I grabbed a forkful, chewed and chewed then spat it in the bin. I woke up thinking "wow, that tasted so nice" :confused: Funnily enough, the craving didn't continue into my wakened state but it was still annoying to have a dream like that.

In my house, I try to avoid going into cupboards but I use the fridge to chill cans of Dr Pepper Zero and flavoured water. I was grabbing my Dr Pepper from the fridge this morning and found myself giving the coleslaw this long meaningful look whilst thinking "it would be so easy just to have a spoonful, surely that wouldn't be so bad" then looking away and going "what am I thinking?". Thing is, I don't even like coleslaw all that much!!!

I'm not even hungry at moments like this, I know it's all in the head and I suppose that's what makes it easier to walk away from it. It's not like it's overwhelming cravings, more mild temptations which are catching my eye for a few minutes longer than usual. I don't like it :(

I hope it passes. Either way, I'm not letting myself give up!

Oh Gosh I had the most awful guilt this am before I realised I didn't eat all those crisis it was just a dream lol
I love coleslaw ;)

Well, today I had a mini slip up. It wasn't terrible or anything - a handful of salad leaves and a spoonful of coleslaw. So I'm not going to beat myself up about it but I'm still not too pleased about it either.

It happened for 3 reasons: -

1. The past week I've been having thoughts about eating again. I'm bored and getting impatient for my upcoming add a meal week.

2. I'm a bit annoyed with the diet.

• I don't like the soups so I don't get those.
  • I don't like the bars so I buy an alternative - the alternative I found I liked has been discontinued so I'm onto buying another one which doesn't seem as nice.
  • It seems the chocolate shakes which were my favourite flavour were of the faulty batch. The genuine proper chocolate ones smell and taste terrible and give me an upset stomach for days after having one. Exante customer service say there is nothing wrong with them :(
3. I waited too long today before having my first shake. I also had a hot bath which left me feeling dizzy. It was 2.30 before I started making the shake and my hands were shaking so much that I spilled about a 3rd of the powder whilst opening the packet. At this point I looked in the fridge, ate the stuff I shouldn't have then resumed making the shake.

So, basically I shouldn't leave it so long until I have a shake in future. I'll see how AAM week goes, hopefully well, and this will hopefully get rid of some of the head stuff.

With regard to the chocolate shakes - I'm still going to buy the bumper packs and just bin the chocolate ones. I have a Tesco bar for lunch every day so this will be their replacement.

hi ellie not sure if you remember i was really ill last week as soon as i had my second batch of free shakes that they sent me because of the faulty ones? well i got in touch with exante and they say there is nothing wrong at all with any of the shakes but i know full well it was the chocolate or the vanilla one as it made me so ill i had to stay in bed for about 4 days! i asked if they would take the choc and vanilla lot back and just swap them for the strwberry and banana but they were having none of it,they also told me to take the packet to the doctors to see if i was allergic to any of the ingredients in those shakes, and they also said i probably had just a bug or something, my partner has had salmonella before and i had exactly the same symptoms as he had so im so sure it was the shakes, not sure what im going to do when the banana and strawberry ones have run out i cant even think about the others without gagging lol just thought id let you know what exante had to say xxxxxx

Hi LD4Me - yes Exante said the same thing to me, that I should go to my doctor. The other shakes don't have any negative side effects on me so I'm convinced there is something wrong with the chocolate shake. That is, unless I've all of a sudden developed an allergy to cocoa powder which seems unlikely as cocoa related products featured heavily in my diet before exante! Additionally, I survived through a whole month of "faulty" shakes with no bad symptoms and Exante had us believe that they were as they should be only with more sucralose. It's odd.

morning ellie if you email them and say you have been on exante and thinking of changing to slim and save they will send you some samples hun, ive had them and i really like the milkshakes although they are sweeter than exante, and i much prefer the choc bars, im finding the exante ones really hard to stomach at the moment plus with slim and save you get more variety xxxx

Hi Ellie - I also got some samples from Slim & Save, and they really are quite nice. As well as the soups and shakes etc they also do a spaghetti bolognese and cottage pie. The spag bol is quite nice (but small!) but the cottage pie is a bit bland. I spiced mine up with a bit of curry powder and it was a lot better (I know that sounds disgusting, but it tasted nothing like cottage pie to start with!)

I'm not thinking of jumping ship completely to Slim and Save because I do like the Exante Soups and my boyfriend likes the shakes, but we plan to buy products from Slim and Save as well - just to add a bit of variety.

It does get a bit more complicated with S&S for men you see, because they're supposed to have 4-5 products per day, and then it gets more expensive.
Women are supposed to have 3 (with a vitamin supplement) or 4 without, so we don't want to complicate things too much or risk not getting all our vits and minterals etc.

It's definitely worth getting the samples though - even if it's just for the variety. And the chocolate truffa bars are lovely! But not as big or as filling as the Tesco ultraslim ones that we've been having.

x

Today I had my week 6 weigh in and I have lost 3lbs this week which brings me to a total of 2 stone lost. I'm very pleased with that :)

I received my Slim & Save samples and I love the spaghetti and the cottage pie. I wasn't so keen on their vanilla shake but their strawberry one is lovely. I also really liked the lemon yoghurt and white chocolate bar but it's a bit small. I'm also loving the 200 gram vegetable allowance. I chopped a yellow pepper into the spaghetti and had broccoli with the cottage pie tonight so it made it feel like a real dinner. I'm thinking my plan will be to still use Exante shakes for breakfast but use the Tesco ultra slim bar for lunch and Slim and Save for dinner.

My add a meal week starts on Friday and I'm off to London for my birthday this weekend so I probably won't be around much this coming week. Here's hoping I don't put on any (or much) weight!!

Back