Ellie's Diary

Sunday 8th April

Breakfast
Fry up - two fried eggs, bacon, tomatoes, heb wholemeal toast and hea cheese (fry light used for frying :D)

Lunch
Banana and apple (wasn't feeling too hungry tbh)

Dinner
Chicken breast cooked with lemon and herbs, with roast potatoes (fry light) garlic and rosemary, petis pois and broccoli

Decided to start counting my syns from Sunday after I weigh (around lunchtime) up until the following Sunday lunchtime. That way it's like a whole new week starts from as soon as I step off the scales. :)

Bearing this in mind, it was Easter Sunday and I hadn't had wine in a loong time, so I had two bottles! Teehee, I had some left from the bottle I didn't quite finish last night, so it was around 48 syns.

Syns for the week: 48/105

Last edited:
Monday 9th April

Breakfast
Was starving this morning - had some ham, a sweet and sour mugshot, some melon and total 0% fat greek yoghurt

Lunch
Baked beans and fried eggs (fry light) on heb wholemeal toast, with hea of cheese and plenty of red onion

Dinner
Baked potato, 4 tesco light choices sausages (4 syns) and 2 quorn sausages (2 syns) with salad - was starving after gym workout

Had a pack of grapes later on

Syns for the week: 54/105

Last edited:
Tuesday 10th April

Breakfast

Apple
leftover salad, potato and a quorn sausage (1 syn)

Lunch
Toasted cheese and red onion sandwich (hexs) with marmite

Dinner
Plaice cooked with lemon and leeks, with new potatoes and salad

Was hungry later from working out so had a few grapes, some WW baked beans and a few slices of ham.

Syns for the week: 55/105

Last edited:
Wednesday 11th April

Breakfast
Banana
Apple
Banana and custard mullerlight

Lunch
Three egg omelette with ham, tomatoes and onion

Snack
Apple

Dinner
Zizzi's linguini gamberi with a side salad (no dressing). Had parmesan on it for hea, and I highly doubt there was more than a tbsp of oil with the pasta so counted that as heb. :)

Syns for the week: 55/105

Thursday 12th April

Breakfast
Melon
Grapes
Pineapple
Banana
banana and custard muller light
sweet and sour mugshot

Lunch
Toasted cheese and marmite sandwich (hexs)

Dinner
Mashed potato, gravy type stuff made with stock, marmite and mustard powder, carrots, cauliflower, leftover plaice fillet and four light choices sausages (4 syns)

Syns for the week: 59/105

Friday 13th April

Breakfast

Mashed potato, leftover piece of chicken breast, some ham
an orange

Lunch
Fried egg sandwich (heb wholemeal toast), hea of cheese
an apple

Dinner

Quorn cottage pie (loads of veggies in it), and petis pois

Syns for the week: 59/105

Had a really challenging week:

Breakfast
heb wholemeal toast
two big tomatoes, fried in fry light
a bit of bacon, fat removed

Lunch
didn't really have it... nibbled on hea cheese

Dinner
plaice fillet cooked with leeks and lemon
potatoes cooked with cottage cheese and onion
carrot

Syns for the weeK: 105/105

ellierose988 said:
Tuesday 3rd April

Breakfast
leftover salad, boiled potatoes and two quorn sausages (2 syns)
a yellow plum

Lunch
Toasted cheese sandwich (hexs) with marmite

Dinner
Baked potato, salad and chicken breast cooked with lemon

Had a belgian choc options sachet - 2 syns (can't believe I didn't know these were only 2 syns...!)

Syns for the week: 14/105

Hey. Been reading your diary and it seems to me that you eat way too many potatoes. Good luck. X

Hey. Been reading your diary and it seems to me that you eat way too many potatoes. Good luck. X

Umm, okay... could you give some more specific criticism?

I kind of feel rubbish now - thought I'd been doing well - apparently I've been eating too many potatoes?

Last edited:
Hi Ellie

Just took a look at your diary. You do eat a lot of potatoes but that doesn't necessarily mean too many, especially if your losses are good. What plan are you on EE?

ellierose988 said:
I kind of feel rubbish now - thought I'd been doing well - apparently I've been eating too many potatoes?

Hell no have you been eating too many potatoes!

With SW you can eat EVERYTHING that is free or superfree and as long as you are trying to get your third superfree in you got no problems.

I'm a huge carb fan and I love green days. This means I will quite often have a stack of wedges and cheese for lunch and dinner will be a huge plate of pasta and usually a tomato n veg sauce. Why? Er, because I can!

I have been doing SW for just over a year and I'm 5.5 stone down. Why? Er, because I followed the diet and ate things like potatoes and other 'heavy' carbs that most diets say not to.

So long to short, crack on with the glorious munching of the blessed potato and rejoice that we can!!

Chin up sweetie xx

Oops! Sorry just looked at your first post and yes it's EE.

As long as you are having your 1/3 superfree I don't see a problem. I do a Green days and have some potato most days. Some people are adversely effected by carbs but I'm not and I'm guessing neither are you. Carbs have a bad reputation that I don't think is deserved but each to their own!

Your weight losses have been good and I really wouldn't worry about it.

I eat way more potato than you do and I still have losses when I'm on plan! As long as you are losing don't worry about it. That's the great thing about SW, they're called free foods for a reason. They're there to fill you up!

Hi just thought I'd pop by and give you some support after I saw the post about you feeling knocked back.

There is NO WAY you eat too many potatoes. Once a day? How can that be too much. I eat them nearly every day and have lost 37lbs since November. Obviously, it works.

Don't feel discouraged. You've had some really brilliant losses so obviously you're doing something right :D

I'm jumping in on the potato praise wagon too, I don't think you're eating too many tatties, you're eating plenty superfree veg and getting a good balance across the day!

Keep at it :D x

As everyone else has said, you aren't eating too many potatoes. Unless of course each portion is. 3 jacket spuds worth? :). As long as you'd stopping when full & eating your super free your fine x

I used to eat 2 massive potatoes worth of sw chips every night when I first started.

Tis a random thing to say and then not come back to give you constructive criticism.

You're losing weight, so who cares :giggle: don't be disheartened x

Thanks so much guys! I feel a lot better now! Really appreciate the support. :)

jenir1999 said:

Eh care to elaborate!! Why leave a comment like this on someone's thread and think that it's ok!! Constructive criticism is fine but you didn't do that and your comments have now left someone feeling bad, I think you need to think before you comment next time! And by the way she isn't eating too many potatoes!

Back