Ellie's fitness diary (start 10.11.2008) Marathon training...

Oh, they're FAB!!! *swoon* I screamed myself hoarse Monday...whoops!

Wednesday
Have to write this down before I forget...rowed 5000m in 22mins 39secs...swam for 25 minutes non stop and until I was out of breath (damn I really should wear my goggles) did one circuit and spoke to my personal trainer about aching things (well it was only my butt from the kettle bell swinging)....feel great, was going to run to the school, but chickened out...really must put some more miles in every day....it's getting easier...

Crikey...I do about 2500m in about 12 or so minutes and am dead!

Crikey...I do about 2500m in about 12 or so minutes and am dead!

That's still very good...I trained up for that gym tri and managed 3000m in 13 minutes something or other...so it's getting better, endurance is hard to build up, in stages slow and sure...

Thursday

So I'm keeping tabs of times (not that they will mean anything when I actually get to doing the main marathon distance on the indoor rower mind you...) here for the minute as it seems the most sensible place to do so...did a 7500m row in 35 mins and 25 secs, a bit slower than the previous one same distance...was feeling blah today for many reasons...also have a long evening ahead with daughter doing ju jitsu for her stripes on her belt...won't ba back until 8.30 p.m. so have to pack supper...managed a 30 min swim after the weighted circuit, the 45 minute abs workshop and the row, so pleased with myself. Tired but pleased...

Oh yeah did a weight and body fat reading on the silly machine in the gym...it has me heavier (but the same the last time I did it a few months back) than I weigh at home but at a shocking 15.2% body fat...that CANNOT be right as I am certain I come in at just under 20% still...reckon they aren't accurate and so will stick with the caliper measurements over time...

Last edited:
Friday
Yesterday was a looooong day. Prepared supper, took it to school, ate it at the school and then waited to go off to the other school for the ju jitsu grading. Eldest got two stripes on her novice belt, so chuffed about that, but I was tired and irritable and today...argh! I have to wait in for a parcel, so I am missing important gym time...might be bale to dash there if they deliver soon...am itching to do the 10 000 m row...itching all over, foot tapping the lot! Silly ebay sellers who cannot even read (my address is all intact and correct on there) and get my address right, this will be the third delivery attempt...what a nonce!

ARRRRGGGGGGH!

Grrrr I hate ebay numpties. I had one recently who sent me a cheque for the wrong amount, signed by the wrong person and for an item they didn't even win... stoopid fool!

Grrrr I hate ebay numpties. I had one recently who sent me a cheque for the wrong amount, signed by the wrong person and for an item they didn't even win... stoopid fool!

Holy poo! That puts my woes into perspective, well my whinge...that is just plain *add any swear words and insults you can think of here*

I get a wee break so not all bad...just restless...vacuumed, done the dishes, tidied my hair three or four times, eaten a snack, drank two cups of coffee, almost time for lunch...*eyerolls*

Lol, at a loose end then? :rotflmao:

Slightly....still no sign of the parcel, it could be here anytime between now (well since 12) and 2 o'clock...I'm getting VERY impatient...looks like today's gym session will have to wait until the weekend...

mmmm Call me pyshic, but i'm sensing a tad of restlessness :giggle: I'm jealous of all your endless energy, I wish I could be addicted to the gym, but alas it sends me dashing back to the sofa quick haste..hope the correct package arrives real soon :p

mmmm Call me pyshic, but i'm sensing a tad of restlessness :giggle: I'm jealous of all your endless energy, I wish I could be addicted to the gym, but alas it sends me dashing back to the sofa quick haste..hope the correct package arrives real soon :p

Whew!

Well, not really...but at least it arrived finally...a few minutes before deadline that is...yep gym it is the weekend, possibly Sunday. I do seem to have a lot of energy these days, but that's the cycle, exercise seems to create even more energy...*shrugs shoulders*

Ps. What's the clown shoe wearing ass hats thing about? Perhaps I didn't delve deep enough into your diary...

Oh I was insulting the ebayer who got my address wrong (and I had to wait in yesterday for the delivery which was the third attempt) even though it is as plain as day as it should be at the checkout and on file...argh! Glad it arrived and today I got my two hours worth of missed gym time...did boxercise, hey it's ACE! Had my personal trainer as my partner (he's brilliant!) as no-one else was free, all had partners...bet they were glad it was me and him and not them, he's a slave driver...I love boxercise though and it was a tough 45 minutes, but well worth it...even worked extra hard on my burpees which kill my legs, but had to squat instead of duck walk in between sets, as I want to be able to run next week (rough on the knees)...also did my 10 000 m row afterwards and completed it in 48 minutes 55 secs...whoop! Would've done it three minutes less, but had a pal next to me chattering away, boy was I rather breathless trying to keep my marathon pace up and my proper technique...sheesh...

All in all, the weekend is off to a grand start. Cannot wait until cheat day tomorrow and also am looking forward to Xmas a bit more now. Will be pressie wrapping and deciding what to do for youngest last pressie and also beau's and my father...*sigh*

Cheat Day/Sunday
Man I feel a bit pooey today...have this headache and shoulder ache and wrist ache, think I have a cold or flu that my beau brought over with him this weekend...am soldiering on but aching everywhere and feeling very hot...

Eaten normally and eaten things I normally avoid without evil consequences...(doughnuts usually give me really bad indigestion but have had a couple today and I feel okay in the digestive region)

Looking forward to cracking on with training as usual Monday...even though this week is manic manic manic...pressies and last day of term Friday and and and...going to check out my training schedule and remember what I have to do tomorrow...hopefully I do feel better, though...not going to train with fevers and things...off to take some more decongestants and ibuprofen ARGH!

:9529:

Just a quickie...am still not better, this cold thing is very contagious and very nasty...I've even got the runs to top it all off...cough, splutter, sneeze...ewwwwww!

HAVE A GREAT WEEK EVERYONE!!!

(better put this someplace more noticable, eh?)

Almost there, it's hitting my chest now...so cough cough and all that phlegm....ach! Eldest has an ear infection, youngest has the cough and stuff, but he is determined to drive us absolutely INSANE! Wheeeee!

Cannot wait to get back to the exercise...have a personal training session booked in for 27th so that will be a good start to the New Year and an excellent end, here's hoping....was so hoping to be improving my mileage this week, but no can do, have looked at the rowing log and it's a 33 000 m total row the next week (7500m one day then 5000 another then 7500 the next and a big 13 000m row the last day) I can make it in...whee! Looking forward to it actually and also to swimming again. I do feel better it's just my aching chest moan moan whimper moan...

Heh!

I have no idea what my weight is doing and at a guess it is down if anything as my apetite has been crappy...so have to cuild up some muscle in the next couple of weeks to make up for the weakness and the what not that came this week...thankfully it has hit before Xmas...whew! Are we safe therefore? Hmmmm...

hey missus, welcome to the chest infection club, i've been an honourary member exactly four weeks now :confused: hopefully you'll get over yours a hell of a lot quicker :p

No! No! Not four weeks....I feel loads better after a sleep today. Sleeping at night has been awful! Coughing and wheezing all through but today I can even smell, hear and taste again...a bit of coughing but the pain and tightness seem to have subsided, so fingers crossed...kids were at home as they are still recovering, we have eldest's class hamster to watch over the holiday (as if two of our own dwarf hamsters aren't enough?!)...am almost ready, just need to get three more pressies and we are DONE!

Cannot wait to get back to normal routine...gym included!

No! No! Not four weeks....I feel loads better after a sleep today. Sleeping at night has been awful! Coughing and wheezing all through but today I can even smell, hear and taste again...a bit of coughing but the pain and tightness seem to have subsided, so fingers crossed...kids were at home as they are still recovering, we have eldest's class hamster to watch over the holiday (as if two of our own dwarf hamsters aren't enough?!)...am almost ready, just need to get three more pressies and we are DONE!

Cannot wait to get back to normal routine...gym included!

:giggle: went to docs again today, finally got told, its pneumonia I have, as Bruce Forsyth would say "didn't I do well" four weeks and now they tell me ;)

jaysus thats a lot of tiny little rodents running around the house this christmas (only jesting, I know they're cute, I had a dwarf hamster myself a few years back) I think I look forward to the 26th more than the 25th :giggle: right 'ol bah humbug me, nah I just like being able to do whatever I want regardless of silly date on Calendar :p

Holy poo! This virus is EVIL. I am still coughing (although not as frequently and not as chestily), tried to get back into the gym last week (went two days) and had to call it quits as I was extremely fatigued. My legs were hurting like they have never hurt before for three whole days after my first spin session since my break! Am still finding it hard to catch my breath at points, but am back to the gym with a lot more vigour than last week. Had my last paid for session with my personal trainer on Tuesday and it was fab! Am still fit and strong (just have to catch my breath and cough every now and again).

Didn't gain or lose weight over Xmas, stayed the same weight I have for ages...which is great considering a lot of average (thos not into diet and exercise, etc) peeps put on half a stone or more over the hols and more! I didn't over consume anyways as I felt poorly...

Am trying to get rid of boredom and stasis on my life at the minute. Let's just say my love life needs a revamp or I need to step away from the relationship altogether (we are sooooooo different as people it is getting more and more painfully obvious and more and more uncomfortable and less easy to accept) This aspect is impacting other areas of my life and so I need to do something about it. We have had a talk about issues and...it stays the same and life goes on...heh! Anyway I am rather unhappy (it might be that hormones are affecting me terribly as it is a week before totm) and thinking a lot...

Took the day off the gym today as I haven't been sleeping well and I feel tired a lot of the time as well as emotionally drained and extremely irritable...

BLAH!

Back