Embarassed, disgusted and felling very down!!!!

colescrabb

:cry:
Well i went out for dinner last night with all my work friends, i mean everyone from our office, and two reps from another company. having a great time, couple of drinks and a nice lean bit of rib eye steak.
well i know i am big hence the fact that i am on these tablets and getting help from the doctor but at 16st 11lbs, i never expected what happened next.
MY CHAIR BROKE, it was like a scene from shallow hail!!! i was so embarrased i wanted the ground to swallow me up whole, the skinny pretty waitress came over and was like oh my god are you ok, and i just wanted to scream no i am not f**cking ok. my work friends were all saying god yeah these chairs are dodgy look how woobly mine is!!! still didn't make me feel any better, i hardly ate my meal and i haven't been able to eat today (could be a good thing) i went to eat something earlier and the incident popped into my head and i spat it in the bin. i have to face these people Monday. i feel so fat ugly and humiliated!!!!
i didn't even tell my husband and i don't think i ever will.
thanks for listening

DITTO! I joined slimming world a couple of weeks before starting the blue pill and during new member talk I went down, ive always used comedy as my 'mask' and tried
to humour my way out but felt humiliated. The leader tried to make me feel better by saying people even bigger than you have sat in these seats which I took the wrong way! The reason I went there in the first place was cos I went to butlins and had to get off a full ride cos the safety strap wouldn't go round me. So believe me bunny you are not alone! Its embarrasing but happens to the best of us.don't let it upset you and don't bottle things up, I love my hubby but its not easy telling him how I feel sometimes. Take care love - chin up! X

DITTO! I joined slimming world a couple of weeks before starting the blue pill and during new member talk I went down, ive always used comedy as my 'mask' and tried
to humour my way out but felt humiliated. The leader tried to make me feel better by saying people even bigger than you have sat in these seats which I took the wrong way! The reason I went there in the first place was cos I went to butlins and had to get off a full ride cos the safety strap wouldn't go round me. So believe me bunny you are not alone! Its embarrasing but happens to the best of us.don't let it upset you and don't bottle things up, I love my hubby but its not easy telling him how I feel sometimes. Take care love - chin up! X

So good they posted it twice!!

Oh dear! i know you probably feel pretty rubbish but don't let it get you down, these things happen and it isn't always about your weight, i was in an italian place with a friend about a year ago we were both on the same type of chairs and hers broke.

One of the legs was wobbly and it just bent out from the frame leaving her flopped on the ground. She was a size ten and i weighed about 19st at the time. If it had been my chair that had broke i would have been mortified but she was just angry she spilled her drink and we ended up with a free bottle of wine!

For the rest of the night i was pretty scared to move but luckily my chair held ok.

Awww colescrabb, I really feel for you, but don't beat yourself up over it. It may just be a horrible coincidence it was your chair that broke.

Remember you are doing something about your weight, so hold your head high at work. Your colleagues sound nice, as they were remarking on the flimsy chairs, I bet no-one even mentions it again.

Tomorrow is a fresh day, next week is a fresh week and you are doing wonderfully well.

Chin up girl, we will do this together :)

(I am heavier than you, and had got to the stage of being afraid to sit on unfamiliar chairs etc....AND my mother in law just bought hubby and I a brand new bed in August as an unexpected gift...the 1st night in it, I could hear it creaking at my side, and felt so sad and ashamed, so we've all had days like that :sigh: )

I didn't talk to hubby about my weight until recently as I was so unhappy. He doesn't know what I weigh, but he is very supportive :D

Hope you feel better soon...come on link arms with me..we'll get to that finishing line together :)

thanks all for your supportive comments anf you don't know how good it feels that i am not the only one, thing is i am afraid to say i was prob one of those cows who would have laughed at someone i saw it happen to, for some reason i seemed to thing iwasn't that big!!!! i have learnt a nasty lesson.
about my husband, hes great, he knows i am having a hard time and is really supportive i just don't feel i can talk about this incident.
thanks again everyone

Hey try not to worry about it, I bet your work colleagues have forgotten about it already. When I was on holiday in Florida last year I went to go on a ride and they told me there were no more fat people seats left and I would have to wait till next time. :cry::cry:There were a group of people behind me giggling I wished the ground would open up and eat me, I have never been so ashamed, it hurt for a few days and then bit by bit I forgot all about it. Keep your chin up and don't forget you are working hard and when you are at your ideal weight you will look back and laugh at this. keep smilling WE will get there :)

just wane to bump this back up to remind me why i am doing this, hope you don't mind, just read through it again and it has made me feel a bit bad again but in a good way. i can do this

YOU CAN DO THIS!! and you WILL|!! we are all here to help and support you!!!!!!

Since meeting you guys i have been feeling so much more positive so thank you. i am actually excited about my 2nd weigh in tomorrow. i am hoping 4 at least 4lbs, as i will be more than happy with 1bls a week. especially as i was in london for a weekend, on holiday for a week and had a works night out all in the last 4 weeks!!!!
thanks again, i can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im sure you will be fine.
you will have to let us know how you get on tomorrow.

Back