Embarrassed to go back to group :(

Kirstie117

Hi all. I have been going to slimming world for 3 months and lost half a stone. Which is pretty pathetic. I missed the weigh in last week and do want to go back but having had a bad couple of weeks I know I will have put on weight which will probably reduce my weight loss to 4/5 lb :(
Im really embarrassed to go back to group so the consultant can announce my pathetic weight loss which a lot of people lose in a week! Has anyone else been in a similar situation? Any advice? :(

Awww... dont give up!! There has been lots of people in your situation, just look as it 'as a means to go on'. U put on weight? So what?? Just go back and start again :)

Have you thought of doing a different diet? I'm on the cambridge diet currently and have a 1-1 with my consultant. I know having a group to answer to helps some people but for me I prefer not being around others as I know I will feel rubbish if I lose a very small amount compared to others. What about asking the person who runs your meetings for a 1-1?

You can ask your consultant not to say your numbers, just ask them quietly before image therapy, they can be quite good with these things :)

I started SW last year and then had a difficult few months and stopped going, I rejoined 2 weeks ago almost a stone heavier than I was when I was last there! I was a bit scared about going back but I wasn't judged at all :) Try not to worry, sooner you get back on track the sooner you can start seeing those numbers go down again. Good luck! x

Everyone is in the same boat.. We all have that week that we want to be passed over in image therapy...x

I have been a SW member for 5 years and my total loss is about 5lbs at the moment (i lost 1.5stone to target). It goes up and down like a rollercoaster, but as a social team member, I go to group and participate in Image Therapy every week. I will get the weight off again soon... Quicker with the support of my group! Don't give up...

Don't give up - everyone is in the same boat I put 2 1/2 on last night but faced the music and went to group - when she announced it I realised there was actually no music to face as everyone was supportive and we talked about a few things- such as I realised I had mixed up my syns and thought smarties were 3 for a pack turns out they are 9 1/2 and I'd been having 2 packs most days :( oops ! As they say once you fall off the horse only way to ride again is to saddle up And get back on ! :)

I started Slimming World 3 weeks ago and have only been to one weigh in where I lost 1 and a half pounds. I haven't been back because I too feel really embarrassed. I have had a very very very bad week with food suppose to weigh in tomorrow but I can not face it. I know how you feel I really do! What am I going to do now well I am going to start all over. Had a really good day today and when I go back next week whether I have gained, lost or stayed the same I will at least know I tried this week and I am back on it. Stick it!! I know it is tough.

Lola xx

I'd definitely start with getting back on the horse. You are still lighter than when you started and that's the point. Your group should be there to support you and your consultant should not be spouting out your figures if you don't want them too. What about changing groups?

Hi all. I have been going to slimming world for 3 months and lost half a stone. Which is pretty pathetic. I missed the weigh in last week and do want to go back but having had a bad couple of weeks I know I will have put on weight which will probably reduce my weight loss to 4/5 lb :(
Im really embarrassed to go back to group so the consultant can announce my pathetic weight loss which a lot of people lose in a week! Has anyone else been in a similar situation? Any advice? :(

Hi Kirsty. Please don`t get embarassed when you go. Not everyone loses quickly or every week.

I started in November 2009 at 18st.11lb. Was doing ok but went away for 6 weeks just as I got the the stage that I needed to lose 2.1/2 to get to my 3st mark. I came back having put on 11lbs. That was a long time ago and then I found I could not get back on the straight & narrow. I am only just getting near there now. I put on last month, just a bad month - no special reason - It shows on my signature. Today I lost 2 lbs and am again at a loss of 2st 9lb. I now have to lose 2.1/2lb to get back where I was, then 2.1/2lb for the 3st.

I go nearly every week and stay as often as I can. I know that if I didn`t keep going and spending that fiver each week I would end up putting it all back on and more. Ok it is nearly 4 years since I started and have only lost 2st 9lb, but that is me, I am a compulsive eater and have not found out how not to be. Good days, bad days, In the end I am sure I will get there with the help of class, consultant and all the lovely people on this site who understand.
I am never ridiculed or feel uncomfortable at any time. Each time I get a weight loss I get the usual clapping and well done, no one remembers that I had put on the week before. Although me being me I don`t hide it, it may help someone else.

Keep going, you will do it :)

Try and go, it will be fine. As you get to know the folks at the class it gets a lot easier.

Last edited:
I hope you have gone back to class - let us know how you get on!

I have not been since before Aug bank holiday as i had a 'greedy bank holiday weekend' and i have continued to eat and eat and eat.

I have gained nearly a stone!

I am going back on 1 October to face the music, but will be to the tune of 'lots'!

What I am trying to say is that the longer you leave it, the worse it can be! x

Back