Embo needs to get motivated! Kicks up the bum required!!

Embo78

Hi all.

I'm really hoping this will help keep me motivated. I really feel ready for this but in my weak moments I find it so difficult to be strong.

I have a dieting journal on another forum but it's not specific to slim and save so I don't think people can understand as they don't know much about a VLC diet.

I lost quite a lot of weight at weight watchers, around 50 lbs and then joined slim and save as a final boost to get in my wedding dress (which I did!) Lost 12 lbs in my first week, 4 in second and 4 in third. I then got married and had a month off. I was supposed to go back to Weight Watchers but I fell in love with slim and save so decided to stick with it.

I started over two weeks ago and in that time I've only managed to stay 100% for five days max. I've cheated five times, last night being the last time (and hopefully the last time) :( :(

On re start I lost 8 lbs the first week and 3 the second. I know the cheating has hindered my losses.

Any way I'm not getting down on myself. I'm not gonna beat myself up any longer but I've made a couple of little changes to hopefully help me along the way.
The first one being eating a lot later than I usually do.

Hoping to find some new friends in here who totally get this diet and how it can make you feel and how hard it can be before getting into ketosis!

Hi Embo

Well done on your weight loss so far! I did CWP from March to June this year and lost 4 stone. Came off it for 2 holidays and then joined SnS. I pretty much maintained whilst off the diet but still have 3 stone to lose! I'm hoping to lose 2 stone in time for our Xmas party this year (last year's party still fill's me with fear!!!). I hated every moment. Felt fat, uncomfortable and not part of it. This year WILL be different! I want to wear a nice outfit (one that I actually like and one that fit's perfectly)...lol...so round 2 has started for me today! Hopefully we can motivate each other? x

Hello!

I did the Cambridge diet a couple of years ago and am now on this one. Which I'm loving!
Lots of choice!
I'm on week 2 and haven't felt too bad.

I mix it up and have the three packs plus a low carb meal or four packs and make my 'dinner pack' with vegetables.
To space them out I only drink water or sometimes tea in the morning until 10am and then have a pack, then space it out 4 hourly - ish! 10am then 2pm then 'dinner' at 6pm and I have my final shake as a hot drink with my milk allowance added in around 9.30pm before I go to bed.
The mornings are the toughest bit if my daughters woken me up early, but I usually play with her and get us both sorted for the day and before I know it it's gone 10!
Distraction is key and forums are a great distraction!!

Good luck!! :)

Thanks for your support ladies :)

How have you got on pink tulip? It's day one for me as well! I totally get where you're coming from. The last Christmas do I went to I was huuuge!

Sammy I completely agree. Distraction is definitely key. I never cheat when I'm at work cos I'm busy and thinking about work but when I'm bored at home is when I give in. Gonna tidy some drawers and cupboards while I'm off for the next three days!

today has gone great. Just having my bar and I'm going to have a hot hazelnut shake later. Had my first pack at 2 (mushroom soup), second pack at 5 spaghetti bolognaise with lettuce, cucumber and spring onion. Seems to have worked better this way :)

Yesterday went fine. Had a bar for breakfast, then a choc mint shake for lunch and dinner was a cheesy pasta with some quorn and broccoli. Managed 2l of water which I was very happy with! I am soooo bad with the water when I'm not on a diet and I find the water intake the hardest part. Today is porridge for breakfast, strawberry shake for lunch and then spice spaghetti with zero noodles and mushrooms for dinner. I'm a boredom eater too. Find it much easier at work. It's days when I'm off and weekends where I tend to want to eat everything in sight. This weekend will be my first one back on the diet and I think a hard one. Will have to discipline myself again and keep busy! On the plus side, I have been looking at dresses for our Xmas party online and it's keeping me motivated. I think I might take the plunge and order a dress I like in a size 14 (am a 16 now) as I'm quite short at 5'3.

Have a lovely day! x

That's a good idea hun. It'll keep you motivated when you think of bring gorgeous and slim at your Christmas do :) I'm lucky on the weekends because I work permanent weekends :)

I didn't want to say last night in case I jinxed it but DAY 1 OF BEING 100% COMPLETE!!!! Wooooo Hooooo!!!

It was a bit touch and go for a while cos I was really hungry by midnight but I just tried to go to sleep. I really struggle sleeping while my tummys rumbling but I managed to drop off at about half 1.

Still not had a pack yet but I'm just not hungry so ill probably have my first pack at about 2. Already had a litre of water and a coffee.

Todays food -
2 pm - chicken soup.
5 pm - spaghetti bolognaise pack with lettuce and cucumber and spring onion.
8/9 pm - lemon bar
11 pm - caramel shake (hot)

Well done, embo! Just take each day at a time. You know you can do one whole day 100% and that's all you ever have to do: one day. You can do this!!

Well done on being 100% yesterday! Only people that have done a VLCD diet before can truly appreciate what a remarkable achievement that is!!:happy036:It's so easy to cave and give in to temptation, especially with a rumbly tummy :p

I find these early days the hardest as I find myself thinking of all excuses why it would be ok just to have a bite of this or a nibble of that. Though, I am determined to stick it out and know that once I get fully into Ketosis it will be better. I've also had a litre of water so far and a large cup of coffee. I'm going to have my shake at 2 to see if it might help with the early evening hunger (the time I get home from work and can easily raid all the cupboards:eek:). x

Thanks spangly. That's a great way of looking at it :)

Tulip, my friends just don't get it at all and are all trying to persuade me back to weight watchers. I don't want to go to weight watchers. It takes twice as long to get to goal and I really didn't spend my points wisely. I'd eat 0 point food some days and then waste all my points on alcohol!! Or I'd work my points around really unhealthy foods! At least with s&s I'm getting all my vitamins and minerals and once in ketosis I'm no longer hungry :)

You could keep some of your veg allowance for thise hungry moments. Yesterday I had oatmeal for brekkie, chilli for lunch, bar at around 4, salad when I got home from work and then chicken at about 8. The salad was like an extra meal. Alternatively you could keep some of the veg for snaking on (I love raw veg so this works well for me).

That's a really good idea Weasey! I think that might work very well on my weekends!

Embo, how was your 2nd day? Mine went ok, I managed to stay on plan but only managed about 1.5l of water. I had a headache from hell last night. Popped a couple of paracetamols and went off to bed. Feeling slightly better this morning, just very tired. Really can't wait for the first week to be over....lol. Today is porridge for breakfast, red fruits shake for lunch and then a cottage pie pack with some veg for dinner. Definately must try harder on the water front today.

I am going to dig out my WII fit tomorrow and give it a go. I am the world's worst when it comes to excercising! But I like the WII fit. Good luck for today! x

Hey pink tulip. Yesterday was ok. Managed to do 100% again and I'm proud of myself cos the demons were talking to me all evening! I also can't wait for this week to be over. I hate fighting through every day :( I'm so grumpy with my children. They're sick of me!!

I had a sneaky weigh in this morning and I'm down 3.2 lbs down. I'm so happy about this because I've cheated twice just this week alone (Sunday and Monday)

meals for today ...
chicken soup
mushroom pasta with broccoli and cauliflower
sugar free
hot shake for supper and a bar in bed!

i do ok with the water cos I'm lucky. I really love it. Even when I'm not dieting I drink loads but I know how lots of people can't stand it. Have you tried the water flavourings PT? I love sparkling water. It fills me up more than normal water :)

Day three of being 100%...... DONE!!

Struggled again and I'm in bed with a rumbling tummy but I'm doing it! I'm actually doing it!!

Now please hurry up ketosis!

That's great Embo!

Day three of being 100%...... DONE!!

Struggled again and I'm in bed with a rumbling tummy but I'm doing it! I'm actually doing it!!

Now please hurry up ketosis!

Well done! The longer you stick to it 100% it honestly does get easier :)

I'm sure ketosis will kick in soon!! Very soon!! Well done and good luck!! Xx

Thank you so much ladies. I remember how great ketosis is so that's my goal right now. I'm almost half way through day 4 of being 100%.
My next test will be at my friends house on Saturday evening. She doesn't know I'm back on this diet because last time she really didn't approve (weight watcher leader!) I can do without the added pressure of being told how unhealthy this diet is blah blah blah!! I'm going to eat just before we go though and if I have to eat I'll stick to salad and meat (she's doing a small buffet) If there's nothing appropriate I'll just say I'm so full from my dinner. I'm also going to take some ice cold sparkling water to drink throughout the evening. My lovely daughter is coming with me so she'll help me stay on track :)

I had a cheeky weigh in today and I'm 197 lbs. 14 stone 1. Sooooo close to being in the 13 bracket. Only 1/2 a lb off 5 stone. EEEEEK!!! I actually have a collar bone haha!!

Woooo!!

Good luck at your friends house. My friend tutted at me when I said I was doing this diet! I had to just ignore it and the realism is that I want to be slim more than I want to eat and drink naughty things.

Hopefully with your friend being a ww leader her buffet will be healthy! Fingers crossed xx

Back