Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Emergency chicken was horrid!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Diet 100% Posts!' started by Letty, 2 March 2009 Social URL.

1. Letty

Letty Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st6lb(24.37%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Sole Source
    Hi all-
    Stupidly, I managed to leave myself with only soups on my last day before WI and restock, and this caused a problem today: I have been out all day long, which is tricky when you only have soups.
    Also stupidly, I only realised this as I was leaving, late, this morning and had no time to put some sort of strategy together.

As an emergency measure, I bought some cold, plain chicken from sainsbury's to see me through the day. I didn't want to, as I have been 100% for two weeks, and I was actually really nervous about putting food in my mouth and stomach, but I knew I had a really busy day, on my feet a lot, and would struggle without anything.

I could only manage a few bits of the chicken, and it was ok, but now I feel rather icky- obviously my tummy wasn't ready. :(

I find myself looking forward to a shake later (bizarre!) and have learned some valuable lessons about being prepared! I really, really hope that bit of chicken hasn't knocked me out of ketosis/slowed down my weight loss- but even if not, i won't be having any more in a hurry!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Dieting Rambler

Dieting Rambler Size 14 Here I Come!

Start Weight:
    20st6lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st2lb
    Lost(%):
    3st13lb(19.23%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet SS
    Hi! ok first of all relax!:D the chicken will not have knocked you out of ketosis, it has minimal calories.....and you have learnt a valuable lesson...as you won't do that again:rolleyes: Your body probably feels a bit icky as it is not used to 'food' as such.

Well done for choosing the best option in have protein, but some more advanced planning is in order! I have a stock of 2 weeks at least as just in case I can't see my CDC one week (I work away from home quite a bit) and I always keep a extra bar in my car, and in my handbag for those unexpected emergencies!

Good luck with your weighin.

4. Letty

Letty Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st6lb(24.37%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Sole Source
    Thanks, that's a good tip, and thanks for the reassurance! I am seeing my CDC about it today, so will tell her about it and see if I can stock a bit extra.
    Glad I managed to avoid disaster!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.