Emily's Diary - All I want for Xmas is my half stone shiney :D

Hope the scale at sw group may tell you some good news :) fingers crossed for you. And don't get dishearten, even if you don't see the loss this week, you will see it next week or the next.

Also, why don't you show your food diary to your consultant and ask her if there are ways you could lose weight quicker?

I am trying to eat more speed food to see if they really are speed food. Roasted some butternut squash, very tasty, and filling. And that superfree and speed food. Maybe you want to try that too?

Last edited:
Hi Emily, just to let you know that I am thinking about you and as dreamaholic says you may not see a positive result this week but it is just around the corner. Hope that you get a positive result. X

Thank you so much for all your positive vibes, I managed to lose 1lb this week!! I was so so suprised! Of course it had to be overshadowed by my hubbys 2.5lb loss, lol. Last week he had McDonalds twice, a whole packet of bourbon biscuits, 11 packets of wotsits, and loads of other stuff I cant remember, how can he lose 2.5lbs after that!! I'm not paying it too much attention, just so pleased I managed to lose this week! :D

Aim for this week is to ave a whole week 100% before we go away next Thursday for a week for our anniversary. I am now only 1lb away from my 1/2 stone shiney again, so I really really want to get it this time!!!!!!!!! Or else, lol.

Bought some mince pie hifi bars at class last night and they are sooooo yummy, taste just like a mince pie but in a different form. Nom nom. Shame its only 1 for a HeB.

New food diary layout below, thought I'd try something a bit different and just update it as I go...

Last edited:
Thurs 28th Oct - Weds 3rd Nov

Superfree
Free on all plans (on EE day)
Free on Original
Free on Green
Healthy Extras
Syns

Thursday - EE day
Breakfast - Banana
Lunch - Tomato soup (8syns)
Dinner - Sweet and sour chicken with rice and peas and sweetcorn. Cheesecake (?12 syns)
Snacks - Alpen light (1/2 HeB)
Drinks - Tea x 2, Water x 1
Total syns = 20/105

Friday - EE day
Breakfast - 42g Allbran (HeB) with milk (HeA) and Strawberries
Lunch - Tomato soup (6.5 syns)
Dinner - SW Chicken curry with rice and grated carrot
Snacks -Mince pie hifi bar (6 syns)
Drinks - Tea x 2, Water x 4
Total syns = 32.5/105

Was planning on having a red day today, hence the hifi bar, but then decided I needed rice with my curry so it all got a bit messed up. Not doing too well with my meals so far this week :(

Saturday - EE day
Breakfast/Lunch - 2x quorn sausages, scrambled egg, baked beans, 2x bacon, mushrooms.
Dinner - SW chicken curry, lettuce, cucumber.
Snacks - 2x Alpen light bars (HeB)
Drinks - Tea x 2, Water x 4, Options hot choc x 2 (4 syns), Milk in tea/choc (HeA)
Total syns = 36.5/105

Sunday - EE day
Breakfast - 42g Allbran (HeB) with milk (HeA) and Strawberries, half a grapefruit
Lunch - Frankfurter (3 syns), pasta in sauce (1 syn), carrot, cucumber, mushrooms.
Dinner - 4x Bacon, cous cous and lettuce, with 2 tbsp thousand island dressing (4 syns)
Snacks -
Drinks - Tea x 2, Water x 4, Options hot choc (2syns)
Total syns = 46.5/105

Monday
Breakfast - 42g Allbran (HeB) with milk (HeA) and Strawberries, half a grapefruit.
Dinner - Cod loin, stir fry veg, babycorn
Snacks - 2 x Alpen light bars (HeB), Pomegranate
Drinks - Tea x 2, Water x 4, Options choc (2 syns)
Total syns = 55/105

Tuesday
Dinner - Jacket potato, pollock fillets, carrot, cabbage, 2 tbsp cheesy/parsley sauce (? syns)
Snacks - Banana,
Drinks - Tea x 2, Water x 3
Total syns =

Wednesday
Dinner - Chicken breast, poataoes, parsnip, carrots, green beans
Snacks -
Drinks - Tea x 1, Water x 3
Total syns =

Total syns for the week = under 105

Weight in result = -1.5lbs (12st 2lb)

Last edited:
I like your colourful diary :) and a big well done for the one pound loss :) :) :)

Yay Emily!!! :happy036:

Did you stay for image therapy in the end? And if so, what was it like?

Loving the new diary format, i may have to nick it for myself, hehe. Its good coz then you can see all your syns for the week in one place, and its prob easier to see where you might be going wrong etc.

I am just aiming for a STS this week i think, as went and had a massive chocolate binge last night....bad, bad, bad :cry:And i'm going away for a few days so will prob not stick 100% to plan. Good luck for your 100% week tho! And hopefully you will get another good loss next week, and get your well deserved 1/2 stone shiny, woo hoo! Sending you lots of positive vibes:vibes:

Well done with your pound loss. I cant understand how men can lose weight while eating and drinking like mad either!!

Do you always do extra easy?

Thank you everyone, I was so relieved after weigh in!

emmster - I didn't stay for IT in the end, was really tired after a long day at work and just wanted to get home. I've stayed once before in my first week and it was alright. Just sort of a big chat with some good recipe ideas and things and going through everyones losses. Aww hun, I know chocolate binges only too well! Sometimes if you've had a mare of a day they seem to be unavoidable. I also find it really hard to stay on plan when I go away, especially to my parents where they have so much lovely food. Just do your best and see how you get on, then draw a line under it and hop back on plan next week :D

Yesterday was a bit of a wierd day. I had to go into work in the morning and worked non stop while I was there so didnt get a chance to even feel hungry let alone eat anything until 1.30 when I went home. So had my soup for lunch. Then in the evening I went to our Alpha meeting and they give you food there. So I never know what we are going to have each week and there is no choices you just get whatever they put infront of you. Its all lovely food, and last night it was sweet and sour chicken with rice and then peas and sweetcorn for veg. Then for pudding it was a slice of cheesecake. I have no idea of the syns in any of it so I've just had to guess. I have to say it was the most amazing cheesecake I have ever ever had in my life. Nom nom nom. Will just have to make sure I reduce my syns over the next few days to be safe.

Onwards with the 100% week. :D

Well done on your weight loss Emily:):) I kmow that it is a bit of a cheek but would you mind if I did something similiar with my food diary? Its a great idea as you can see the whole week and also go back to it to update if unsure what the the day will bring. Oh and I know what you mean about men finding it easier to lose weight. My husband is semi following the plan and he seems to lose most weeks and thats with drinking cider as well! X

Thats not cheeky at all Jane, go ahead. Infact I got the idea from another layout I found in someone elses diary a while ago. I think its a really great way of recording your food diary :D

I'm in a bit of a pickle today because I have no idea what I'm having for dinner tonight! Basically, I made a new friend recently (woohoo! lol, sad I know but I don't have that many friends since moving house!) and she has invited me round for dinner. I always get quite nervous about eating out/eating infront of people, so as much as I am looking forward to tonight I'm also anxious about it.

I don't think I am a fussy person, but there are a few things I really don't like, mostly of the vegetable variety,lol. When she asked I said I eat most things, so I will be so embarrassed if she goes to loads of effort to cook something and I really cant eat it.

Things I would really dread would be: whole tomatoes (dont mind chopped tomatoes that are in something), big mushrooms (like stuffed or something, yuk), peppers, aubergine, I'm quite fussy with salads and salad dressings, celery, olives, goats cheese, umm...... I'm sure there is probably more, lol.

Other than that, I love like pasta, rice, any meat/fish, potatoes, basic fruit and veg, most things really. I think so long as its nothing fancy I'll be fine, lol. Maybe spag bol or something :) I hate not knowing!!! lol. Plus I don't know what kind of day to do today, I had planned for a red, but is probably safer to go with EE, but I really want my alpen light bars!!!

how was dinner with your new friend? it's always tricky dining out, it's even trickier when dining at a friend as you have less choice. hope you had a good time anyway :) and good luck with WI!!

Last edited:
I GOT MY 1/2 STONE AWARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WAHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cant believe it, its only taken me 2 months, lol. Managed to lose 1.5lbs this week which is the most ive lost in ages! Phew, thought I was never going to get there.

Dinner with my friend was really good. She had done jacket potato with some fish (pollock I think) and carrot and cabbage and a cheesy/parsley sauce which was the only bad thing. So it was just right and I had a really nice evening. I'm going to try and complete my food diary for the last few days but my memory is rubbish.

I'm going away this afternoon for a week up in Yorkshire with my hubby for our 5th wedding anniversary. I'm going to do my best to stay on plan but not going to write everything down or worry too much about it. If I fancy a bit of cake I will have some. But my breakfasts and dinners I think I will keep the same because if I go mad on junky/fatty food I know I will just end up feeling ill and it would ruin the holiday. So it will just be lunches if we are out and about that might be tricky, and where ever we go for our anniversary dinner on Friday night :D

I cant wait, havent had a proper break since our holiday in March!! Hope everyone had a good weigh in yesterday and have a fab week next week!! :D

Re: Emily's Diary - All I want for Xmas is my 1 stone shiney :D

Well done with the sticky :) you must be pleased!!

I have been rubbish with food diary too... Need to do that before I forget everything!!

Have a lovely anniversary trip with your hubby :)

Hi guys, I'm back!! :D

And it has been a wonderful but disastrous 2 weeks! Had a brilliant time away and healthy eating just went completely out the window, as always seems to happen when I'm on holiday. Weighed myself this morning and I've put on about 6/7lbs :cry: I'm such a wally and I can feel the weight gain while I'm wearing my work trousers. I cant believe I could put that much on in about a week and half!! It really is appalling, but I know exactly why it has happened so only have myself to blame. A bit gutted after having finally got my 1/2 stone shiney, now I'm almost back to square one :(

I'm not feeling too bad or down about it just feeling a bit embarrassed to be honest. Just looking forward to getting back on track and trying to shift some serious lbs before Xmas. I'm not going to go to weigh in this week, purely because I don't want this huge weight gain recorded, I have accepted it and am moving forward and will use this next week to lose a bit before I weigh in officially at class.

I think this week is going to be quite tough and am expecting to have to go through a carb/sugar crash as I get back on plan again. Not looking forward to that but I know I will feel much better once I've got through it.

So going to try and be 100% from now until next Weds and see how much weight I can shift for weigh in. It is my hubbys birthday today and he is chosing some food from M&S to have for dinner tonight, so that is not likely to be particularly healthy, lol, but I will just reduce my syns for the rest of the week to make up for it.

So, 5 weigh ins till Xmas and 3 bloomin Xmas meals to go to!! Argh!!!!!! Going to need a miracle over the next few weeks, lol. Might have to think of a new more realistic Xmas target.....

Mon 15th - Weds 17th Nov

Monday
Breakfast - 42g Allbran (HeB) with milk (HeA) and Banana.
Lunch - Tomato soup
Dinner - Duck a l'orange, dauphinoise potatoes, broccoli and peas.
Snacks - 2x Alpen light bars, Slice of coconut cake.
Drinks - Tea x 2, Water x 3
Total syns = ?/105

Tuesday
Breakfast -
Lunch -
Dinner -
Snacks -
Drinks - Tea x 1, Water x 1
Total syns =

Wednesday
Breakfast -
Lunch -
Dinner -
Snacks -
Drinks -
Total syns =

Last edited:
Nice to see you back Emily. I am sure that some of that gain is just fluid and if you stick to plan after your yummy M&S meal it will disapear very quickly;)X

So dinner last night wasn't quite as disastrous as it maybe could have been. Hubby chose marinated prawns with a sweet chilli dip for starters, duck a l'orange with dauphinoise potatoes and broccoli and peas for mains and sticky toffee pudding for desert. Didn't actually have the pudding in the end because I was stuffed, infact I looked at the calories on it this morning and nearly 400cals!! Glad I didn't have it!!

I also got him a little coconut cake so we had that with a nice cup of tea at tea time.

But now I am firmly back on plan, aiming for my 100% week. In an ideal world I would like to be 100% all the way up until Xmas but I will take each day as it comes and see how I get on. Going shopping tonight to stock up on lots of fruit and veg and healthy stuff then I'm good to go!

I do hope that the 6/7lb gain I saw yesterday isn't really true and that it is just water retention or something. I couldn't bear to be back at square one again :(

Also, my colleague who is on the Cambridge diet came in this morning and was going on about how she has now lost 1stone in 3 weeks :sigh: It really doesn't help hearing things like that, she doesn't even need to lose weight!! I get quite frustrated when she goes on and on and on about it, just want to tell her to shut up. Some of us genuinely need to lose weight and cant afford to pay out bucket loads of money for a silly fad diet, and some of us work really hard to lose even 0.5lb a week!! Grrrr :mad:

Back