Emily's Diary - All I want for Xmas is my half stone shiney :D

welcome back and glad you had a good time!

unless you think those fad diets are sustainable + really work, otherwise no point wasting your money there! coz you know once you eat normally the pounds will all come back!

continue with your healthy eating, and fingers crossed the pounds will shift! (at least we know that what we're eating is good for our bodies!)

All these pay-per-week sachet/soup diets are crazy! You lose weight because you don't eat!! You learn nothing about healthy eating because you aren't doing any eating of any description! Just ignore the silly woman - you'll be slim by the time she's eating her way up to where she was again. Quick fixes never work, SW rules!

So I weighed myself this morning at home (had already decided not to go to weigh in tonight, but this just confirmed it) and I weighed 12st 5.5lbs :cry:. So the weight gain really is real and I'm gutted :(. Doesn't mean I'm going to give up, I just cant belive I let it get so bad over the last 2 weeks. Why is it easier to put on weight than to lose it :sigh:

The scales at class always weigh me 2.5lbs ish more than the ones at home, so based on that I would be back up to 12st 8lb!!!!!!!!!!! Which means I've only lost 1.5lbs since I started in August. I cant believe it, I feel truly awful both physically and mentally.

I'm sat in work, the weather is horrible, I've got a migraine coming on, my trousers are too tight, I feel awful and I just want to cry.

Beginning to think I will never lose weight......ever......

Hey Emily, I can understand your frustration, but don't lose heart, you will lose weight if you stick to SW!! We have seen lots of people's success stories, if they can do it, we can do it too! We may be taking a scenic route, but we know healthy eating is good for us, and we will get there one day! If people can lose stones after stones, so can we. Maybe you wanna read the success stories on minimins / SW website / SW magazines for inspiration! Maybe you wanna go to tonight's group to chat to your consultant about this? (maybe the scale at the group will say something different)

Hi Emily, sorry you are feeling so down. Dreamaholic is right, some of us take the scenic route(me being one of them) but you know that we will get there in the end. Don't give up Emily you will get there one day. Just take one day at a time X

Superfree
Free on all plans (on EE day)
Free on Original
Free on Green
Healthy Extras
Syns

Thursday -
Breakfast - Allbran (HeB) with Milk (HeA) and a banana
Lunch - Tomato and herb mugshot, ryvita minis (5 syns)
Dinner - Some ham
Snacks - Fridge raiders (2.5syns)
Drinks - Tea x 1, Water x 3, Options choc (2syns)
Exercise - 40mins exercise bike
Total syns = 9.5/105

Didn't eat much today because I had a terrible migraine so just didn't feel up to much. I hate migraines :(

Friday
Breakfast - Allbran (HeB) with Milk (HeA) and a banana
Lunch -
Dinner -
Snacks -
Drinks - Tea x 1, Water x 1
Exercise -
Total syns = /105

Saturday
Breakfast -
Lunch -
Dinner -
Snacks -
Drinks -
Exercise -
Total syns = /105

Sunday
Breakfast -
Lunch -
Dinner -
Snacks -
Drinks -
Exercise -
Total syns = /105

Monday
Breakfast -
Lunch -
Dinner -
Snacks -
Drinks -
Exercise -
Total syns = /105

Tuesday
Breakfast -
Lunch -
Dinner -
Snacks -
Drinks -
Exercise -
Total syns = /105

Wednesday
Breakfast -
Lunch -
Dinner -
Snacks -
Drinks -
Exercise -
Total syns = /105

Total syns for the week =

Weight in result =

Last edited:
Emily,

Good luck with getting back on track, we are all here behind you!! And we all understand completely how you are feeling. One day at a time eh?

Of course reading your diary of the last few days has really shaken me up!! I am heading to London for the weekend and staying with a cousin, and although I say now I will stay on track and use flexisyns for our one meal out on Sunday, that little voice in the back of my head sometimes says...oh what the hell, have what you want all weekend and make up for it later....must ignore that voice...must ignore that voice.

Take care and have a great weekend. Trixie.

Thank you Trixie, hope you had a lovely weekend!

So, getting back on plan hasn't been as successful as I had hoped :( Had quite a bad weekend which culminated with the consumption of a whole 9inch pizza last night. It was one of those times where you tell yourself its the last bad thing you are going to have before really properly starting afresh tomorrow. I seem to do this all the time tho!! Grrrrr. But yea, starting afresh today, and struggling a bit because I'm feeling rubbish. Sugar/carbs crash I think.

I'm just going to go and face weigh in on Wednesday, I wont have lost anything but I cant keep putting it off and off and I'll never go back. Really not looking forward to it tho, I'm going to be so so ashamed when the lady says 'You've gained 6lbs' or there abouts. Dreading it :(

Oh well, only got myself to blame, and cant go back in time so just got to get on with it. Why does losing weight have to be such hard work, and why do I never learn from my mistakes. :(

Mon 22nd - Weds 24th Nov

I'm determined not to keep putting off getting back on plan, so doing a little 3 day diary leading up to class on Weds then back to the normal full week diary.

Monday - Red day
Breakfast - 42g Allbran (HeB) with milk (HeA) and Strawberries (ss). 1/2 grapefruit (ss).
Lunch - Butternut squash soup (6.5 syns)
Dinner - Roast chicken, broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, chicken stock cube with 1tbsp smash to thicken (?1 syn)
Snacks - 2x Alpen light bar (HeB), some ham, pomegranate, 1/2 grapefruit (ss), 5 peanuts (2 syns)
Drinks - Tea x 2, Water x 4
Exercise - 10mins Wii
Total syns = 9.5/105

Tuesday - Red day
Breakfast - 42g Allbran (HeB) with milk (HeA) and Strawberries (ss). 1/2 grapefruit (ss).
Lunch - Chicken and sweetcorn soup (7 syns)
Dinner - Salmon, with broccoli, green beans and babycorn, 2tbsp ex light salad cream (2 syns)
Snacks - 2x Alpen light bar (HeB)
Drinks - Tea x 3, Water x 4
Exercise - None
Total syns = 18.5/105

Wednesday - Red day
Breakfast - 42g Allbran (HeB) with milk (HeA) and Strawberries (ss).
Lunch - Chicken and sweetcorn soup (7 syns)
Dinner - Pork chops, with Smash (3 syns) and 42g mozarella (HeA)
Snacks - None
Exercise - None
Total syns = 28.5/105

Last edited:
Weigh in tonight, eek. Will have to go to the 7:30 class which I hate doing because I don't want to eat beforehand so I get quite hungry as dinner is then really late! Oh well.

The last two days I've been 100%, woohoo! It hasn't been too hard, I just keep thinking about Christmas and how I feel about my body and I've been able to ignore any cravings. Did have a cheeky pizza on Sunday night and then a sneaky peek at the scales on Monday morning, which was a bad idea as I weighed 12st 7! But then hopped on again this morning and I'm 12st 3lb which is good. So 2.5lb loss since last week Weds at home, which I'm very happy with. Just need to face up to the scales tonight and get my Slimming world scale reading.

Whatever it is I'm just going to get on with it and continue with my 100% till Xmas (with the exception of my 3 bloomin Xmas meals!!!!! NOOOO! lol)

Hope everyone else is getting on ok, its been quite quiet the last week or so. :wavey:

Well done with the 100% days!! :) and good luck with weigh in tonight!!

Sorry haven't been around much, still have the flu/cough/bodyache so still feel rubbish!

Aww, hope you get better soon hun. I'm coming down with something I think, feels like I've swallowed a mountain of razor blades at the moment. Trying to fight it off and stop it developing into a horrible full blown cold but will just have to wait and see. Fingers crossed its just a sore throat and slightly blocked nose.

I started with a sore throat too so be careful and drink lots of water!! (maybe have some lemsip too before it deterioates)

+4lbs, oops, lol. Oh well, I reakon it would have been about double that if I had gone last week so I feel that I have definitely lost weight this last week, so I'm not too bothered. Now I have my 'official' weigh in result I can get back on track and properly focus on losing as much as I can before Xmas. Would like to get my 1/2 stone award back, I didn't put my sticker on my book because I knew I wasn't going to stay that weight for long, lol. So 3.5lbs until I achieve that again. Would like to get under 12stone for Xmas, but we will see...

hey hun, sorry to hear about your gain... but don't get disheartened! you thought you gained 6 or 7 pounds following your holiday right? that meant, in the last week, you've lost 2-3 pounds!! that's quite an achievement, so if you keep doing 100% days you'll lose those 4 pounds in a week or two!!

you can do this!!:girlpower:

Thanks hun, I'm going to give it my best shot! :D

Each monrning I'm waking up feeling a bit worse with this cold, so not happy. I've had a blocked left ear since last nice which is horrible and feels very odd. Plus I've got to go into work to do an afternoon of overtime this afternoon as well, which is the last thing I really feel like doing. Oh well.

Will start my new food diary for this week on my next post. I'm going to try and be as 100% as I can this week earing in mind I've got my hubbys Xmas meal to go to on Saturday night, but that should be the only thing that isn't quite on plan. I cant remember what I chose, but I tried to go for the healthiest options. I think I chose roast turkey for main course, so if I just eat the meat and plenty of veg I should be fine. We shall see. Suppose to be going to this Alpha class tonight but I don't know if I really feel up to it, and plus don't want to give my lurgie to anyone else! I hate not knowing what we are going to be given to eat there as well. Its mostly ok if I'm on an EE day, but you never know whats going into it ie oil, butter etc, and they always have a pudding that someone has gone to loads of effort to make.

Thurs 25th Nov to Weds 1st Dec

Superfree
Free on all plans (on EE day)
Free on Original
Free on Green
Healthy Extras
Syns

Start weight = 12st 6lb

Thursday - Green day
Breakfast - 42g Allbran (HeB) with Milk (HeA) and strawberries. 1/2 grapefruit.
Lunch - Carrot and corriander soup (3.5 syns)
Dinner - Spaghetti carbonara (3 syns)
Snacks - Sushi (4.5 syns)
Drinks - Tea x 2, Water x 3
Exercise - None
Total syns = 11/105

Friday - EE day
Breakfast - 42g Allbran (HeB) with Milk (HeA) and strawberries, raspberries and blueberries. 1/2 grapefruit.
Lunch - Sushi (4.5 syns)
Dinner - Pizza (LOADS of syns)
Snacks - 1 slice ham

Exercise - None
Total syns = 15.5/105 (+pizza)

Was feeling really rubbish today with my cold so couldn't face making dinner. I know I cant help being ill, just wish I had the willpower to be stronger when I'm feeling rubbish, especially as I've got hubbys Xmas meal tomorrow night :( Oh well, nothing I can do about it now, just need to be 100% tomorrow breakfast and lunch and then the rest of the week.

Saturday
Breakfast - 42g Allbran (HeB) with Milk (HeA) and strawberries, raspberries and blueberries.
Lunch - Carrot and corriander soup (3.5 syns)Dinner - Hubbys Xmas meal (Very small amount of pate as it was disgusting, turkey with roast potatoes and veg, small piece of cheesecake that was disgusting too)
Snacks - Kinder Bueno, Party ring biscuits
Drinks - Tea x 2, Water x 2
Exercise - None
Total syns = /105

Sunday
Breakfast - Scrambled egg, baked beans
Lunch - McDonalds :( (3x chicken selects, large fries, large coke, 4xcheese melts, festive pie)
Dinner - None
Snacks - Party rings, chocolate biscuits
Drinks - Tea x 1, Water x 3
Exercise - None
Total syns = +++++/105

Monday
Breakfast - 42g Allbran (HeB) with Milk (HeA) and strawberries and blueberries.
Lunch - Butternut squash soup (6 syns)
Dinner - Pork chops with cauliflower, babycorn and sprouts, 1tbsp e light salad cream (1 syn)
Snacks - None
Exercise - None
Total syns = ?/105

Tuesday
Breakfast - 42g Allbran (HeB) with Milk (HeA) and strawberries, raspberries and blueberries. 1/2 grapefruit.
Lunch - Butternut squash soup (6 syns)
Dinner - Salmon with cauliflower, broccoli and green beans.
Snacks - None
Exercise - None
Total syns = /105

Wednesday
Breakfast - 42g Allbran (HeB) with Milk (HeA) and strawberries, blackberries and blueberries.
Lunch -
Dinner - Stir fry veg, quorn pieces, babycorn, pasta
Snacks - 2 x Alpen light bars (HeB)
Drinks - Tea x 2, Water x 3, Options choc (3 syns)
Exercise - None
Total syns = /105

Total syns for the week = ?

Weight in result = STS

Last edited:
I've messed up already, mostly due to the fact that I'm feeling so rubbish with this cold and I just cant face cooking anything for dinner. :( So had half a pizza this evening :(

Well, this weekend has been a write off :( I think I let it get to me the fact that I was going out for a meal that would be off plan. And asa result ate pretty badly all weekend. Breakfast and lunch on Saturday was fine, but I have been snacking a lot on chocolate and biscuits and things. Then today had MacDonalds for lunch :( Silly billy. I feel awful having had it though, quite sick and sluggish. Definitely don't feel like having anything for dinner so just going to get an early night I think.

Need to go and do a food shop tomorrow then I shall be properly back on plan again from tomorrow morning. I'm not expecting to lose much between now and Christmas to be honest but if I can maintain that would be good, and any loss would be fab. Just have to see how it goes. Even if I did lose 1 or 2 lbs a week it wouldn't make any difference to the clothes I would be able to wear at Xmas or anything, it wouldnt be enough to drop a dress size or anything so I wont feel any different anyway....

Back