Emilys Extra Easy Food Diary

emilyjade

Hi Everyone! This is my second proper attempt to do Slimming World and I am determined to stick to it this time! I think keeping an online diary will definately help me along...and if anyone has an pointers or advice please feel free to step in :)

ok so.. here is yesterdays food diary:

Breakfast: 1 egg (always in fry light), beans. then I had a wholemeal roll (HexB) with 1.5 tablespoons wholearth organic peanut butter, which is also sugar free.. (around 4 syns? please correct me if I am wrong)

Lunch: Wholemeal pasta with beans.

Dinner: yum! made turkey meat balls with lean turkey mince (is this free?) with pasta, a tomato sauce from passata, peppers, garlic, stock, onion (got my superfree in there as I knew I hadnt had much in my other meals)

250ml semi skimmed milk for tea/coffee (HexA)

Syns today: around 8 (im counting a few extra syns as I'm not sure about the lean turkey mince!)

Last edited:
New day! :) Trying to get my superfree in there today!

Breakfast: 2 slices wholemeal bread from 400g loaf (HexB) with mushrooms(SF), bacon with all fat removed, and 1tbsp extra light butter (around 2 syns?)

Lunch: 2 slices wholemeal bread (6 syns) with chicken breast pieces, tomato, onion (both SF) and 1 tbsp extra light mayo (0.5 syns)
I also had 2 tbsps sainsburys reduced fat coleslaw (3 syns or so?) :confused:

250ml semi skimmed milk (HexA)

Dinner is going to be:
Tagliatelle pasta with carbonara sauce made from quark and egg, with pieces of gammon (all fat removed) and mushrooms (SF) - all free! cant wait! :)

Snacks: Blueberries

Syns for Today: around 14.5 as I also had a little bit of parmasan with my dinner!

Last edited:
I thought it would be good to let you all know a wee bit about me as I have seen other peoples diaries who have done the same :)

Well, Im a student at University, about to go in to my third year. Animal Biology is my subject!

I live with my fiance and 2 crazy cats! Getting married August 2013, so of course that is a date for which I will be dieting my ass off.

:love047:

But i'd rather get to my goal over the next few months and maintain it up until then...so that all I will need to worry about is muscle tone rather then losing weight.. Well thats the plan anyway!

I am hoping to lose 2 stone. Which I feel is do-able over the next few months with concentration and regular exercise! I do go out running with my fiance and we are always also out for walks! The surrounding scenary where I live is too nice not to take advantage of the walks! The plan also is to hit the gym at Uni with my pal so hopefully this will encourage the weight to come off faster!

I think my ideal size is to fit in to size 10 jeans like I used to! I am currently a size 12 (on a good day! ;) But sometimes it can be a bit tight!)

So I do plan to be good on Slimming world and stick it out! :D

I dont actually attend a SW group as Im a skint student! So Im going this alone! I just hope I can stick it out to reach my goal :)

Ok, Im going to not have as many syns as I did yesterday, as Im going to attempt to keep it to around 10 a day!? Although I know you can have 105 in a week.. so I still have lots of syns to enjoy. which is why I love slimming world :D Going to update todays diary as I go!

Breakfast today was: wholemeal roll (HexB) with bacon (all fat trimmed) and an egg. 1 tbsp reduced sugar ketchup (1 syn). Also some blueberries. (SF)

Snacks: I had a Cadburys twirl! (11.5 syns) And I don't regret it because it was fab! :)
Also had a skinny cappacino sachet but I only drank half of it (1.5 syns)
Snacked on some more blueberries.

Lunch: Marinated turkey fillets from Lidl (which I believe are free!) with beans and tomatoes (SF)

1 Can of diet coke

Dinner: Pan fried salmon with homemade chips and a handful of cherry tomatoes (SF) was fab! Tablespoon of extra light mayo (0.5 syns)

Syns for today: 14.5 syns

Last edited:
Going to the cinema tonight! :D So hopefully I won't blow too many syns there eeek! Will try and resist that damn pic n mix asisle! I do love my pic n mixes! :(

Ok so..

Breakfast today: french toast! :) which consisted of: 3 slices wholemeal bread from small 400g loaf (HexB + 3 syns) with bacon (fat removed) and 1 tbsp of maple syrup (2 syns I think?). was fabby!

Snack: I made syn free pancakes!! YUM! just with egg whites, egg yolk, vanilla essence and sweetner! Very tasty! Just got 2 from my ingredients as I only had 2 eggs left in my fridge.

1 can of diet coke

Lunch: 2 turkey fillets (free!) with beans and mushrooms (SF)

Ok so ended up not having dinner and had a pick n mix at the cinema! Although I did get a small one! just a few bon bons, few winegums, couple of strawberries, couple of mini eggs, and one chocolate covered brazil nut! Not too sure of how many syns I have consumed now. But judging from how I had already had 5 before the cinema, im going to guess around 20-25 were consumed for the whole day!? I also had a latte. Hopefully not actually as many as that as I know some sweets are 0.5 syns each But better to guess over then under I think!

Straight back to plan tomorrow though :)

Last edited:
Braaaand new day! :)

I have worked out that I still have about 43 syns to use for the rest of the week so I'll have to spend them wisely. Especially seeing as I have 3 more days left of my SW week! (Sunday is the weigh in day for myself)

Breakfast today: 2 slices wholemeal bread from 400g loaf (HexB) with 2 tbsps whole earth reduced sugar peanut butter (9 syns) Alot I know, but it was really great! And hit the spot :)

Spent all afternoon hoovering and mopping my livingroom and kitchen floor! not too exciting!

Snack: Mullerlight toffee (Although I found it a bit sickly, so will stick to other flavours)

Lunch: wholewheat pasta with tuna, 2 tbsps extra light mayo (1 syn) and I also threw some chopped yellow pepper in there for superfree. Rather tasty! Also a can of Coke zero!

I am going to weigh myself on Sunday morning, buuuuut I'm going to a friends wedding that day too!! We're also staying in the hotel where the reception is but I'll try and be as good as I can with the breakfast buffet the next day! There will be fruit and eggs, beans there so I may just be ok!
Although I cant promise myself anything with the champagne... but at least its got less syns in it then wine!
After that I guess its the start of a brand new week! I may change my weigh in day to Mondays... Mondays sound right actually!

Snack: Vanilla and choc sprinkled muller light

Dinner: Taglietelle pasta with salmon, prawns, onions(SF) and quark - was gorgeous!

Attempted to make slimming world cupcakes from the website! only 2.5 syns each, although they turned out pathetic and hardly even rose! haha! I did eat a few! Id say I consumed 10 syns, woops! But they were so tiny! Ah well! :)

Syns for today: 20
(On the bright side I've still not used all my syns for the week though!) Gonna have to try and stick to under 10 tomorrow!

Last edited:
Hi everyone! Determined to have a good(ish!) day today at least. So here's hoping :)

Breakfast: 2 slices wholemeal bread from 400g loaf, toasted (HexB) with:
2 quorn sausages
beans
an egg
onions (SF)
was hardly even a tablespoon ketchup (barely a syn so will count as 0.5 syns). was a great wee fry up!

Snacks: cup of tea and a Mr Kipling Lemon Slice (5.5 syns) Was yummy!
Mullerlight vanilla and chocolate sprinkles

Lunch: Pasta with a homemade tomato sauce including mushrooms and onions (SF) - was lovely!

Dinner: Pasta (again!) with:
carbonara sauce made with quark and egg
pieces of chicken breast
mushrooms (SF)

2 large glasses of wine - wooops! 12 syns

Syns for day: 17.5

Last edited:
Going to weigh myself tomorrow morning! :eek:

Breakfast today:
3 pieces french toast from 400g wholemeal loaf (HexB + 3 syns).
Also 1 tbsp maple syrup (2 syns) was VERY tasty! :)

We made homemade pizza's for dinner! but with the thinnest base you'll ever see! thats how we like them anyway! Cant imagine it was a very synful pizza! Also a bit of homemade coffee cake. aargh! Weighing myself tomorrow and not looking forward to it now! lol

This was honestly all I ate today! Not good I know. Going to my friends wedding tomorrow! :)

Last edited:
What a weekend!

Weighed myself Sunday morning, and I hadnt weighed myself last week (Guess I wanted to start from a more half decent weight) Thats probrably a bit silly though!
But anyway... I was pleasantly surprised to see that I was 12st 9 and I was really happy because last time I weighed myself I was over 13 stone! I guess that fact I'd been out running a lot before i even started this diet had helped! :)

But now I will weigh myself every week!

To be honest, I could have been much better at the wedding! I had around 4 glasses of champagne (whoops) and a couple of chocolate dipped strawberries on arrival! :p

The meal I ate was leek and potato soup for starter and a bread roll (Rye bread I think), chicken wrapped in parma ham with veg and mash for main, and wait for it....a chocolate brownie with toffee ice cream for desert. It was amazing!! :eek: And I ate it all! But I thought it would be rude not to! :p

Later on we had a few bacon rolls because they were giving them out as an evening buffet and we were all famished after doing lots of celeigh dancing! (certainly works up a sweat!) whoops! :eek: Couple of glasses of wine in there too, but I did stop drinking at about 7 oclock because we were getting up so early the next day to drive home, so I was on diet coke and glasses of water! :)

So not the best SW day!

Today wasnt much better either but I will get straight back on track tomorrow. We had breakfast in the hotel and I had scrambled egg on toast, one mini pan au chocolat and a lovely yogurt and mango pot! :) It was really really nice.

Ive also had a 3 pieces of small wholemeal Nimble bread toasted with peanut butter.

This evenings dinner is going to consist of Weight Watchers sausages from tescos - anyone any idea how many syns are in them?

Straight back on track tomorrow though I promise! :)

Hi Emily! Just had a look at your diary, looks like you are doing great, congrats on your weight loss so far, I bet you're delighted!

I follow Extra Easy as well, if you want to have a look at my diary, we can motivate each other !!!

x

Thanks Teddysgoldengirl! Will be great to keep each other motivated! Makes it a lot easier too! I will definately check out your diary :D

I am definately back on track today! I will also make an effort to have more superfree foods with my meals as I feel like I am not having enough.
Think I will start buying skimmed milk sometimes seeing as I mostly just use milk for tea and coffee, and it means I can have 350ml instead :D

So anyway... Todays Diary:

Breakfast: 2 slices Nimble wholemeal bread (from 400g loaf) toasted (HexB) with bacon and all the fat removed. Also one tbsp reduced sugar ketchup (1 syn)
Also had some chunks of watermelon! yum! (SF)

Snack: Curly Wurly! (6 syns)

Lunch: Baked potato with prawns and 2 tbsps extra light mayo (1 syn) and 1 teaspoon of ketchup (0.5 syns) with rocket, tomatoes and spring onion (SF)

Snack: Well I attemped to make syn free pancakes but they turned out like scrambled eggs, so I had a piece of Nimble wholemeal bread from 400g loaf, (3 syns) toasted with banana!

Had a cheeky wee prawn cocktail before dinner! Made with extra light mayo and not very much ketchup, and split between the two of us. (2 syns) Also had a bit of rocket with it!

Dinner: We had a ham joint (which was fab!) all fat removed
slimming world chips
tomatoes (SF)
rocket (SF)
wee bit of balsamic vinegar
We had some wholegrain mustard on the ham but I think it is free? Someone tell me if im wrong! And had another blob of extra light mayo (around 1.5 syns)

250ml semi skimmed milk for tea! (HexA)

Syns for today: 15

Away to the gym in the morning with my pal from Uni before we go to a lecture! Very glad Uni has started again as we are planning to hit the gym as often as we can!

Last edited:
You sounds like your doing really well :) I too am a student and work full time so dont go to classes because I do not have the time or money!

Keep up the good work!

Back to Uni today! So glad :D
Although my friend is now unable to make the gym, so I'm going to do Zumba when I'm home :)

Todays diary is..........

Breakfast: Beans on 2 slices toast, from 400g wholemeal Nimble loaf (HexB)
Also a little bit of light butter (2 syns)

And then it all went downhill :(

I had a curly wurly at Uni (6 syns)
Caramel Snack a Jacks (no idea, 4.5 syns?)
Then I had no intention of having any more syns...but

Had
a wholemeal roll with peanut butter on it as I was on the go and in a rush(14 syns?!!!) oh dear!
a scone! with jam and little bit of flora butter! (10 syns?!)
some yogurt coated brazil nuts!! (no idea how many syns!!)

BAAAAD baaad day! :(

WILL be straight back on it tomorrow. hitting the gym at 10am!

*slaps wrist!!

Last edited:
Ok so forgetting yesterday and concentrating on today and the days to come!

Breakfast: I didn't eat until I got in to uni and bought a yogurt/muesli/fruit sauce thing. It was really nice although it probrably has more syns in it then I think. Im reckon I consumed around 7.5 syns. There was no calorie content on the box so I couldnt do the 1 syn to every 20 calorie sum.

Snack: Coconut muller light with choc sprinkles (im not sure about the coconut flavour!)
Also had a curly wurly (6 syns)
Had 2 boiled eggs which stopped me from being too hungry.

Lunch: 2 slices wholemeal Nimble bread from 400g loaf, toasted (HexB) with ham, rocket and spring onions (both SF). tbsp of extra light mayo on there too (0.5 syns).

Dinner: I am planning on making syn free spagetti bolognaise with quorn mince yum! :) I will add in as much superfree as I can with onions, carrots etc!

I have also just done 20-25 minutes of Zumba on the Wii

I am going to edit this later if I eat anything else!

Last edited:
Todays diary :)

Breakfast: porridge (HexB) with blackberries (SF) made with milk from allowance.

Snack: Curly wurly: 6 syns :D
Couple of falafels (2 syns) I think?

Lunch: Tuna Nicoise salad that I got from Morrisons and I avoided putting the sauce that came in the box on it! There were just a few olives in there (1 syn)

250ml semi skimmed milk (HexA) in tea/coffee

I have chocolate shape delights in the fridge and am really tempted to have one although 5.5 syns is a lot for a yogurt aah! I will update later :)

Ok so I ended up being really bad yesterday, and had more toast and some jaffa cakes etc, so I am writing this off as a bad week. :sigh:

I am having a good day today so far though and am looking to just start off a brand new week fresh! By the end of this month I would be delighted if I could lose another 4lbs or so... so I need to get down to business!

Ok, so far today I have had:

Breakfast:
2 slices wholemeal toast from 400g Nimble loaf (HexB) with 2 fried eggs in frylight and just a little bit of really light butter (2 syns)

I also had a banana.

Ok, instead of lunch, while we were out at the shops, we had a scone with a skinny mocha coffee! (im going to guess around 9 syns for the scone? 3.5 for the choc bit in the mocha? someone please tell me if im wrong? with VERY thin layer of butter and jam (didnt even use all of the mini tub that the jam came out of (2 syns)

Also had a shape delights choc yogurt! (5.5 syns)
One jaffa cake aaarh! (2.5 syns)

I had a really small piece of birthday cake (it was small promise!) Im going to deduct 7 syns off myself for that as I cant be sure)

Dinner: is much better! Having homemade taglietelle made by my clever fiance! with chunks of gammon (all fat removed) all with a carbonara sauce made with quark and eggs and some chopped onions! All free along with some Superfree! And is really delicious!

250ml semi skimmed milk (HexA) I made sure it was semi skimmed in my coffee from the cafe earlier :)

Syns: 29.5 altogether *sigh!*

Starting the week from today though I still have 75 syns to try and spread out!

Last edited:
Hey :) just had a look at your diary, you're not doing too bad! Ive not had a great week either. Going shopping now to stock up on loadsa fruit and veg :) and mugshots if I can get my hands on them! Hope youre having a great weekend :)

Okie dokie.. So todays diary is......

Breakfast: 3 slices french toast using wholemeal Nimble bread from 400g loaf (HexB and 3 syns) with 1 tbsp maple syrup (2 syns). Also had espresso yum! no milk used! Was yummy! :)

Going for Sunday lunch at the in-laws today, having roast pork, so will try and watch what I have there!

Back