Emily's Journey to a Jawline - including food pics!

Today's foodage:

Toast with fried egg (hexb + 2 syns)
Left over roast dinner (2 syns)
Spaghetti bolognese with side salad and cheese (hexa)
Fruit salad

Total syns: 4 :)

x

Here to subscribe and offer support. Well done on this weeks loss.

I have also got PCOS and struggled to conceive my little people. Losing weight is the best but hardest thing you can do to combat this pesky horrible condition.

All your meals look really yummy so looking forward to pinching a few ideas ;) x

Thanks Tink! :) And thank you Lisa84, always good to see a fellow short person too! :)

I definitely think losing weight will help with TTC, and hopefully maintaining a healthy pregnancy. We've going to an open evening at a fertility clinic near us in March, and we're hoping to book a complete fertility check up for the beginning of May. I should be at/under my target of 10st7 by then, which will mean a BMI of under 30! I know it's probably a bit TMI, but I've been doing ovulation tests for the past few weeks, and I don't think I'm ovulating. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that's the only issue, as I know it's relatively simple to fix. We'll find out for sure when the time comes, but until then dieting is my best option. :)

Slight change of plan for today's food. I found a huge pack of chicken in the fridge that needed using asap!

Today's actual foodage:

Toast with egg (hexb + 2syns)
Left over roast dinner (2 syns)
Indian chicken, saag "paneer", rice (hexa + 2 syns)
Cup of tea with milk (2 syn)

Total syns: 8

Not great but not terrible! Will take a photo of dinner tonight! x

Thanks Tink! :) And thank you Lisa84, always good to see a fellow short person too! :) I definitely think losing weight will help with TTC, and hopefully maintaining a healthy pregnancy. We've going to an open evening at a fertility clinic near us in March, and we're hoping to book a complete fertility check up for the beginning of May. I should be at/under my target of 10st7 by then, which will mean a BMI of under 30! I know it's probably a bit TMI, but I've been doing ovulation tests for the past few weeks, and I don't think I'm ovulating. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that's the only issue, as I know it's relatively simple to fix. We'll find out for sure when the time comes, but until then dieting is my best option. :) Slight change of plan for today's food. I found a huge pack of chicken in the fridge that needed using asap! Today's actual foodage: Toast with egg (hexb + 2syns) Left over roast dinner (2 syns) Indian chicken, saag "paneer", rice (hexa + 2 syns) Cup of tea with milk (2 syn) Total syns: 8 Not great but not terrible! Will take a photo of dinner tonight! x

I TTC for 3 years had countless tests, clomid and IVF so don't worry hun where fertility and TMI is concerned im good lol

Food for the day sounds yum. Was it a SW saag paneer and if so do you have the recipe. I love it xx

I TTC for 3 years had countless tests, clomid and IVF so don't worry hun where fertility and TMI is concerned im good lol

Food for the day sounds yum. Was it a SW saag paneer and if so do you have the recipe. I love it xx

Haha, aw, glad it all worked out okay though by the sounds of it? :)

Saag paneer is something I kind of 'wing' everytime! It's a combination of frylighted onions, tumeric, garam masala, curry powder, fresh garlic and corriander, mixed with a hell of a lot of frozen leaf spinach and a healthy extra a amount of cheese per person! If it's a bit dry, I add some chicken stock to pad it out a bit! Sorry for not being more helpful.

I've been massively failing keeping this up to date, but I am still going strong, just. I had a few bad days last week but clawed it back and managed a 1lb loss on Saturday! Aiming for at least 2lb this week to be on track for Florida!

Hope you're all doing well! <3 x

Well done on yet another loss, you're doing great :D
You'll both have a great time in Florida :cool:

Thanks Stef. :) Hope you're feeling better now?

I've been reeeally ill this week with a combination of flu and the period from hell - it has not been fun! I managed to stick to plan and lost 1.5lbs this week, which given the circumstances I'm quite happy with! Hoping I'll feel better soon and can start cracking down with this properly and get some sort of exercise regime on the go. Will keep you updated! x

Hi Emily I'm feeling much better thanks. Sounds like I've passed it on to you. :( x
Hope you're feeling better now. You did amazing to get a loss when you're not well. You're going to hit your Florida target I'm sure :cool: x

Hows things going with you Emily? x

Hey Hannah, things are going well thanks! Well in life, not so well in diet haha. I'd completely forgotten about this - last time I checked Minimins was down! :( Glad it's back though. How is everything with you?

Between now and the last time I posted (pre-Florida) I've completely, and I mean completely, let myself go. After all the baby sadness and overall drama way back, we decided to give ourselves some time off from baby talk and dieting stuff and just be regular married 20-somethings for a while. After Florida (which was amazing!) I gave up smoking, which I think is one of the main reasons I've put on so much weight. We then went to Iceland - which was also amazing - and finally got a house! We've moved about an hour or so away from my family, but I love it here so much. We decided to go to Norway for New Year's Eve, which was also amazing - but now we've decided it's time to put out baby making hats on again and try and give this a go properly.

I literally have no idea how much weight I've put on, but I know it's a lot! I can feel it everywhere and my size 16 jeans no longer fit! Sad times. We don't have any scales here but I'm going to join Slimming World again on Saturday. We've got an open evening at the baby making clinic in February, and we're going to try and book an appointment to get properly checked out in June. I'm trying to go into this with a totally chilled and open attitude, and just hope for the best. Rather than weight goals, my goals are all centred around actually sticking this out for 12 weeks.

I'm going to try and keep a diary on here again for sanity and focus, so you'll probably see me around a bit more. Hopefully for a while!

Hope anyone reading this had a fab Christmas and New Year, and here's to a lighter and healthier 2016 x

Last edited:
Hi Emily it's lovely to see you back :)
It sounds like you had some fantastic holidays last year. You deserved to take time out to relax & enjoy yourselves.
Well done for giving up smoking, how long have you been off them? I have to say I found giving up hell but I'm so glad I did.
Good luck with weigh in on Saturday hopefully it won't be as bad as you think.
I'll be cheering you on as I know you'll stick to it for 12 weeks & do amazing :D
I also let myself go for the last 6 months and put nearly 2 stone back on but back to gym last week, no booze since New Years Eve and starting to eat better meals. Not full on SW , too many xmas treats to finish off first lol x

Welcome back! One of my friends was trying for a baby for ages and it took 2 years. Second time round they decided to not "try for a baby" but to stop "not trying" ie stop with protection and see what happens with no pressure or expectations. That took 2 months that time round! I think we all put too much pressure on ourselves in life (including diets) and we should just try and relax but be healthy. Here's to a happy and healthier 2016! I've piled weight on too. My dad passed away and the 6 months before we were surviving on hospital food and Costa so that had drastic consequences on my waistline! But we had other things to worry about at the time! In 2016 I am fully planning on shifting some flab! All of it would be nice, but I'm not putting on any pressure or expectations cos that makes me crumble. If I end the year just a stone lighter then that's great. If I end the year at target that would be marvellous! I'm just going to take it a week at a time. X

Thank you both! <3 I haven't smoked in over 6 months now, I still can't quite believe it! I started at an embarrassingly young age and it felt like giving up a part of my identity. Sounds ridiculous now I think about it haha. I found it really tough but I'm definitely glad I've done it.

Stef, you've still done amazing and kept over half of it off! Sounds like your back in the zone though, and I completely get what you mean about Christmas treats lol. You'll know when you're ready to give it your all, but until then the gym and healthy eating sounds like a really good idea. :)

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad Hannah, it's completely understandable to that your diet would be the last thing you would want to worry about. My mum had some major surgery a few months ago and almost died, and the hospital food was literally the unhealthiest offerings you could imagine lol. You're completely right that we all put too much pressure on ourselves, but I'm totally confident that you'll do amazing this year. We all will!

I decided to bite the bullet and start SW today. It's a bit tough as I have literally no food in haha. I've ordered a food shop to come at 2pm, so until then I am surviving on pepsi max! I've been doing a lot of research and trying to jog my memory on slimming world foods. Since we've moved, I won't be able to join a group as I kind of live in the middle of nowhere a bit! I also don't have any scales, but I'm popping over to my MIL's in a bit so I'll try and sneak on her weighing scales lol.

I'll probably update this later once I know what I'm eating today! I might end up getting lunch out, but I'll try make it healthy if I do.

E x

Pre my own weighing scales my sister and I used to go into town to Boots once a week and weigh ourselves there. It was only 20p (back then) and if we lost we got to go buy something (non food) as a treat. We did it in our lunchtime break for 3 years, brilliant memories.

That sounds like a great idea. Plus you know the scales at boots will be calibrated etc so should be pretty exact.

Are you joining SW online membership or just doing it by yourself? A few syn values have changed so if you need any syn values just shout. Not sure if 2 chewy delight bars were 1 healthy b, but now 1 bar is a healthy b x

Oh that is a good idea about Boots! Although I think I'm going to pop to the shops today to get some, I think I'd be a bit nervous doing it publicly lol. I don't know why! I'm not joining online, it's crazy money that I don't have unfortunately, but my mum is a member so I can always sneak on to her account to check syns (sorry if you're reading this SW). :oops:

I did know about the chewy delight bars, I think they've always been 1 for HEXb, I just used 2 if I was doing an old school red/green day. Shall be sticking to extra easy this time around though. Thanks though Hannah! If you spot anything that doesn't seem right I'd definitely appreciate the help. :)

Yesterday turned out to be a bit of a pants one. I thought I'd ordered my food shopping to come between 2pm-3pm, waited patiently for it to arrive, 3.30 I'm starting to worry... go online to find a number to call... turned out I'd ordered it to come today instead of yesterday lol. By this point, I'd still been living off pepsi max and was waiting to go out with my MiL, so I ended up going to hers and eating cake and pizza. Never mind. So, today is official now my first day of slimming world! Woohoo!

Here's the food plan for the day:

1 x Chewy Delight Bar (HEXb)
Cheese, leek and ham batchelor's pasta with added leeks (1.5 syns? + milk from HEXa)
Kiwi
Chicken, stuffing, new potatoes, veggies and chicken stock gravy (3 syns for stuffing)
Cup of tea (with left over milk from HEXa)

Total syns: 4.5

Also - random and lazy on my part, but does anyone know if edamame beans free food?

Hope you're all having a good weekend! E x

Ooh that's amazing news, thank you! I love them so much! I've heard a bit about SP but it sounds a bit daunting, think I'll save it until I need an extra push! :)

As I've got a bit of time to kill today I thought I'd try and figure out my rough meal plan for the week. So far I'm thinking:

Saturday: Chicken, new potatoes, swede, cabbage, stuffing (3 syns)
Sunday: Chicken & vegetable fried rice (1 syn)
Monday: Spicy pork steaks, savoury rice, broccoli (2 syns)
Tuesday: Bacon cheeseburger with wedges and salad (HEXb + HEXa + 2 syns)
Wednesday: Courgetti spaghetti bolognese with 30g cheddar (1 syn + HEXa)
Thursday: Lamb curry, basmati rice, cucumber salad (2 syns)

Looking at that makes me realise I've definitely made the right choice in restarting SW. :D

Ex

Back