Emily's Journey to a Jawline - including food pics!

Tattoos definitely aren't for everyone :) My husband would never get one lol, but I guess it's good that everyone's different.

The studio tour is amazing, isn't it? I reeeally hope they do butterbeer in Orlando, when I went the studio tour I was trying to be really good on my diet so I didn't have any, it looked awesome though! I watched the deathly hallows again over christmas, so emotional! :rolleyes: I'll grow up one day!

Dont be too disappointed that you mossed out kn butteebeer. I was gutted cause I thought it was HORRIBLE! Lol. I really wanted to like it but it just tasted like bitter fizzy water with a bit of artificially sweet froth at the top lol. Hopefully the American version might be different and nicer! Theres a pic of me pretending to enjoy it... I did get the cup you can keep though, that was cool.

I never tire of re watching the films or the books. I love Ron, he was my first love lol!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140107_232026.png
    ForumRunner_20140107_232026.png
    368.6 KB · Views: 147
Just been reading your thread. I've restarted my slimming world journey too and have 4.5 ish stone to lose. I'm not sure how much, when I feel comfortable in my own skin. Reading all the reasons you want to do this is like reading my own thread (apart from the PCOS) - although I got married in August so babies is something we might look into in the next year or two so being healthy would be good.

If you like curry, my mum does an AMAZING madras. We're from Leicester originally. It was a non slimming world recipe which we've altered to be completely syn free, and it doesn't taste any different. I like spicy food, but not massively spicy, so even though it's a madras it's lovely. You can make it to the heat you want it anyway. I'll get the recipe off her if you want.

I love to cook too and hope to share lots of recipes on my weight loss journey thread as and when I do them.

Good luck in your weight loss journey. I'm sure that 2015 will be a skinnier start for us both!

Thank you! I got married in August too, congrats! :) We're also going to leave babies for a year or two, I'm just a little worried at my current weight that it won't be possible. I'm sure it'll happen when the time is right. A madras recipe would be amazing, thanks! I love making curries! I'll have a look at your weight loss journey thread too, it's always helpful to get new ideas and recipes from other people. S'one of the main reasons why I love this website. Here's to 2015! Good luck with your journey! x

Dont be too disappointed that you mossed out kn butteebeer. I was gutted cause I thought it was HORRIBLE! Lol. I really wanted to like it but it just tasted like bitter fizzy water with a bit of artificially sweet froth at the top lol. Hopefully the American version might be different and nicer! Theres a pic of me pretending to enjoy it... I did get the cup you can keep though, that was cool.

I never tire of re watching the films or the books. I love Ron, he was my first love lol!

That's such an epic photo! Loving the HP t-shirt too :D I'm glad it wasn't as nice as it looked, lol from prior experience, I'm sure the US version will be just as artificial as our version! But the cup is totally worth it :D Haha, I loved Ron too. Have you seen how different some of the cast look now they're all grown up? Neville got pretty hot! Did not see that coming! :D

Day 5: Extra easy

Banana
Kiwi
Left over curry, rice and grated carrot
Hifi bars (hex)
Gammon, SW chips, coleslaw and 35g halloumi (hex + 6 syns for sauces)

Total syns: 6

Really need to start having a proper breakfast before work. This banana isn't really cutting it lol. Roll on 1pm! Hope you're all having a good day! x

Last edited:
Managed to finish work a little earlier than usual today, which is both a good and bad thing. Good because I can get in some body magic before dinner, bad because I'm hungry like an insanely hungry wolf. Luckily, my amazing mum (who is also on SW) has made a small portion of chips. Awesome times.

Here's a photo of the curry I made last night, doesn't look much but it was actually pretty okay! Tastier than it looks anywho!

View attachment 119308

Here to subscribe!

:peep:

Love your plan for the tattoos, I don't have any but often spend time googling pics to see what I'd like to get. Maybe someday I'll be brave enough! Your food pics are awesome, really must start jazzing up my meals...

Here to subscribe!

:peep:

Love your plan for the tattoos, I don't have any but often spend time googling pics to see what I'd like to get. Maybe someday I'll be brave enough! Your food pics are awesome, really must start jazzing up my meals...

Thank you! I don't know if it's bravery or stupidity but either way, I'm looking forward to getting them! :D I've got 4 at the moment but two of them are tiny, will be nice to balance it out a bit! And thank you also about my food, I have no idea what I'm doing half the time but 7/10 times it turns out tasty. I share the cooking with my mum and we both cook really different types of meals, so it's nice to mix it up a bit.

Just finished my dinner and it was uhmazinggg. We had gammon, SW chips, salad, coleslaw and grilled halloumi. I added a tablespoon of sweet chilli sauce too (must curb the addiction...). It looks a bit of a mess but t'was very filling. :)

Foods.jpg

The more colourful the plate of food is, the better. That dinner looks gorgeous. I might start snapping my meals, but a lot of them are dull! The thought of taking pics might encourage me to make more interesting grub though.

The more colourful the plate of food is, the better. That dinner looks gorgeous. I might start snapping my meals, but a lot of them are dull! The thought of taking pics might encourage me to make more interesting grub though.

I definitely think taking pics makes me think a little bit more about what I'm putting on my plate. Although I'm sure I could be a lot more adventurous! Do you have any favourite meals? I've been using ********* for food ideas mainly, it's brilliant for browsing photos of what other people are eating on SW!

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/333628-hannahs-recipes.html

If you're interested I've started a thread in the recipes section of some of my favourite tried and tested meals. The lamb tagine is super tasty and nice with a good slab of broccoli!

Ohh, lamb tagine sounds amazing. Thank you so much, will pop over there and subscribe! :)

6th day on plan 100% now, still going strong and feeling super motivated. I'm really looking forward to weigh in tomorrow, if not just for stocking up on some more hifi bars! I'd really like to get into the 13 stone bracket tomorrow, but I'll go to group with the mindset that any loss is a good loss, and I've tried so hard all week to be 100% that I will at least know that I did everything I could.

Day 6: Extra Easy

Banana
Half a packet of savoury chicken rice, left over gammon and light soy sauce (1 syn)
1 x hifi bar (hex)
3 x baby bel lights (hex)
Roast chicken with vegetables, mini roasties and gravy (4 syns)

Total syns: 5

I only have 1 hifi bar left, so will have to only have half a healthy extra B today. Hopefully it won't make too much difference! :confused: x

Well done on another 100% day :) ive got my fingers crossed that weigh in will show a loss that you deserve!

I've just put my mum's madras recipe on my recipe thread http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/333628-hannahs-recipes.html

It is lovely. We are from Leicester so good curries are a must. Most I've tried out of the books just don't cut it. This is a non slimming world recipe that has been slimified and tbh tastes no different! Even though it's a madras, it's not going to blow your head off but it does have a kick to it!

Thanks Toni! Keeping all my fingers crossed! :D

Thank you Miller2 also, will definitely try out the madras recipe!

Here's another rather lame photo of my dinner tonight. Was pretty tasty though, roasties were epic.

ABM_1389300869.jpg

It is indeed! 25g made up is 1.5 syns :) Definitely worth it imo. x

Dinner looks amazing! Spuds especially lool gorgeous. Damn you making me hungry at 11pm lol!

Lol, sorry! Thanks though, my mum makes amazing SW roast potatoes. :D

It's weigh in day! Ahhh! It's not til half 5 and I'm off work today, so I'm trying extra hard to not keep running to the fridge. Roll on 5.30!

Day 7: Extra easy

HM coleslaw with cold roast chicken and sweet chilli sauce (3.5 syns)
Cup of tea with sweetener
Banana
No idea for dinner yet! Will see what we all feel like later.

Total syns: 3.5

Here's my lunch: mmm.jpg

Thanks Saleek1, congratulations on your AMAZING weight loss. You've done so well! Very inspiring :) x

Hope your WI went well Emily! :)

Lunch looks amazing. How do you make your coleslaw? any time I've tried to make it it hasn't turned out very nice!

Thanks Toni, I lost 7lbs! Well happy with that :) I also got a 'down a number' certificate, so verrry happy with two certificates on my first week.

The coleslaw was just some shredded red cabbage, red onion and grated carrot mixed with a teaspoon of light mayo, two teaspoons of light salad cream and a dash of vinegar. That was for one portion though! It'd probably just work as well with extra light mayo, but my mum refuses to buy it in the shop as she hates it lol.

After my super awesome weigh in tonight, I decided to treat myself by not having one third of my meal superfree. I'm so hardcore. Made a very tasty curry with some minted greek yogurt on top! Was the one of the best meals I've cooked on SW so far!

curry.jpg

Back