Emily's Journey to a Jawline - including food pics!

they're my fave too!

Thanks all!!

Today I've had ...

Porridge made with soya almond milk. Mixed berries on top.

An appe,nectarine and banana.

Left over home-made turnip, onion and potatoe soup for lunch which was lovely!

Then for tonight's meal I had my syn free chicken biryani followed by a vanilla and choc sprinkle youghurt with more fruit.

I cycled to and from work today instead of my usual drive so all in all, I'm feeling good :)

Sent from my HTC One mini using MiniMins.com mobile app

Chicken biryani sounds tasty! I might make one of those next week! I love rice way too much. :D

Feeling a little more positive today. I ended up doing 45 minutes hard core exercise last night and felt way better after. I think I might need to work on having a proper breakfast though, I just find it really hard to eat early in the morning. Will work on it!

Day 12: Extra easy

Banana
Plum
Hifi bars (hex)
Chicken salad with nandos sauce (1 syn)
Chicken casserole with roast butternut squash and sweet potatoes
Hot chocolate made with 250 ml milk (hex) and 2 teaspoons of cocoa powder (1 syn)

Total syns: 2 :D x

where are your pics Em?!

They're still on my camera! I'll post some later tonight! Here's a picture of my incredibly boring looking lunch to keep you going. ;) I have no idea why it's sideways, and yes, I'm eating salad with a spoon. :eek:

20140114_124752.jpg

Yep the biryani was lovely - tasted naughty but wasn't!!

Chicken Biryani
Syn free on extra easy

300g basmati rice
4 chicken breast diced
800ml chicken stock
1 large onion diced
2 tbsp curry powder
1/2 Tsp turmeric
1 tsp cumin
Salt & pepper
Fry light

Fry the onion in fry light till soft

Add the chicken, spices and salt & pepper till chicken is browned

Add the rice & fry for 2 minutes

Add the stock and simmer for 10-15 minutes until rice is soft.

Not had such a great day today though. This morning I craved rice crispies I had in the house so I gave in to those for breakfast at 5 syns ... Followed by fruit and a Muller light.

Lunchtime I met a friend who suggested lunch but before I knew it, she'd ordered us both halloumi salad and I'm not sure exactly what was on it. Some balsamic and possibly olive oil. Sundries tomatoes.

I think I'll just have to be good for the rest of the day now just in case and cycle home a bit quicker.

Sounds super tasty! Thanks for the recipe :) will try it out. You could always count the halloumi as your HEX? I'm sure the cycling will burn it all off! :D

Ended up making some sort of strange cajun and red pepper concoction for dinner, I don't really know what it was but I really loved it! Had it with some salad and grilled halloumi for my hexa. Feeling motivated!

Here's a bunch of food pics, some are a bit low par but nevermind. I think I'll cut back on the rice for the next few days!

Halloumi.jpgCajun chicken.jpgLeek pasta.jpgPasta.jpgLamb curry.jpg

My food never looks that tasty lol. Well done you!

Next week I think I'm going to have to search for a few new recipes. I can feel myself starting to feel a little bored. So if anyone has any meals they've had recently that they loved and fancy sharing, please do! :)

Oh my, I just tried the instant chocolate pudding! It was stunning!! I'm sticking up on options lol.

one sachet of Options (2 syns),
sweetener to taste
One egg

Mix well then 50s - 1 minute in the microwave. Made mine in a mug after whisking the egg first.

Ive found my favourite dessert for whenever I feel naughty.

Hi! I was browsing through diaries and came across yours and found it a good read so am here to subscribe. I also have PCOS so it's good to read how others with it are getting on. I've just started SW again after a year or so off plan so am looking for motivation. I really struggle to be creative with making meals which is my downfall but your diary has plenty of inspiration! Food looks delicious! And it makes me realise that not everything is as difficult as I think it is. Now I just need to make sure I actually cook them (I am not a fan of cooking) and get in some exercise so that I have a loss on Monday. 2 days down, god knows how long left to go!! Anyway, good luck to you!

Carys, that sounds amazing! Does it not taste eggy? I tried making the slimming world cake made with egg whites once and it came out like a sweet omlette lol, was very bizarre!

Hi Aymz, thanks for subscribing! :) PCOS is a bummer! I'm really hoping losing some weight will keep it under control. I think one of the key factors to making SW work is eating food that you really enjoy. So far, most of my meals have been food that I would have eaten before I was dieting, just without all the oil, sugar and butter that I would've used before. I've found that most meals can be made SW friendly! Good luck on your journey, if you've done it before then you can definitely do it again! :)

Just finished my second hifi bar of the day, so my day has looked more like this:

Day 12: Extra easy

Banana
Plum
Hifi bars (hex)
Chicken salad with nandos sauce (1 syn)
Cajun red pepper chicken with salad, grilled halloumi (hex) and basmati rice (1 syn)

Total syns: 2 :D

No body magic tonight as I am crazy tired (and slothing about in a polar bear onesie, very stylish) but I'm off work tomorrow, so will go for a walk at some point and try and do the maracattack again. I just worked out I have roughly 20 weeks until I go to Iceland, so fingers crossed I'll lose roughly 2lb a week and there will be 40lb less of me! x

Not eggy at all - I thought exactly the same. It genuinely tastes like a souffle.

You do have to make sure the egg is properly whisked (I whisked for probably around 1 minute) then I mixed in the powder.

I cant emphasise enough how lovely that was! Honestly give it a go. I know it doesn't sound great but I loved it.

Welcome!! I agree - you can have meals you always love, add a few extra veg and add some Salad here and there. It's mostly about making from scratch, no oils and knowing exactly what's going in to your food. I've not had the best of days (as you'll see above) but thanks to these threads I'm still feeling motivated :) Thanks all!

Glad you're still feeling motivated! :) I'm definitely going to try the egg and options recipe, I think I'll keep it for when I'm really craving something sweet! It's been a bit weird, since I started SW I've not had any sweet cravings at all. The only chocolate I've had since I started has been in hifi bars! It's mad considering the amount of it I was eating over Christmas lol.

Day 13: Extra easy

Banana
Strawberries and raspberries
Left over rice, honey and mustard chicken and onions (1.5 syns)
Beef and vegetable casserole with roasted sweet potatoes and butternut squash
Hifi bars (hexb)

No healthy extra a today, might have the hot chocolate I planned for yesterday! Will see how it all pans out :) x

Last edited:
Well. My 'cut back on rice' thing back fired massively. I've had rice for lunch and dinner! Luckily it's free! We've ran out of frylight (gah) so no slimming world roasties. Hey ho, shall have them tomorrow. x

I cannot believe we have run out of fry lite. We can have fab roasties tomorrow with roast chicken though and a day free from rice :) I have not eaten this much rice ever but so tasty. Don't forget your body magic today - high five to us walking... Nice to read through the posts with some great ideas.. love it all x

It's great motivation reading everyone's comments! Know the feeling with sweet treats, but last night was my first moment of weakness and I'm glad I found that solution :)

Today has been more left overs but tonight I made a rather strange concoction. It was meant to be a quiche but I didn't have quite enough egg and cottage cheese.

Grated potatoe based,baked until golden. Then a combination of whisked egg and cottage cheese.spinach. leeks. Onion. Some paprika and salt and pepper. Baked that but the top was getting dry. So I melted laughing cow with some more leeks and used that as a more gooey topping. Surprisingly it worked :)

Woohoo, looking forward to a rice-free day! Big high fives to us for walking!

Carys, that sounds reeally good. I love quiche so much! And leeks! I've seen some recipes where people add a packet of bachelors packet pasta to cottage cheese and eggs to make it too, so many recipes to try out!

Day 14: Extra easy

Banana
Raspberries
Left over beef stew and veg
Roast chicken, veg and roasted sweet potatoes and BNS (3 syns for gravy)
Hifi bars

Total syns: 3 x

Wellll... got home. No roast dinner. Now having to cook for myself (which I'm fine with!) BUT I'm having no superfree with my dinner, cause I'm making this chicken beans and jacket potato thing and I can't put veg with beans. It just freaks me out. D: I'll have a bowl of fruit and allow space on the plate for superfree, so it's still a better portion size. Major bleh! Today is now:

Day 13: Extra easy

Banana
Beef and veg stew
Hifi bars (hex)
Crispy breaded chicken, cheesey beans (hex), jacket potato (4 syns)
Bowl of strawberries and raspberries
About 60 litres of diet coke -_-

Can't wait for weigh in tomorrow! Other than my lack of superfree with my dinner today, I've tried so hard this week to stick to plan 100%. Fingers crossed it pays off! x

Edit - have just realised it's day 13 and not 14, my brain is clearly broken.

Urgh. My dinner was crap. The chicken was really tasty, and the cheesy beans were okay, and I'm glad I actually used my hexa for once, but the jacket potato was so dry and icky. Ended up throwing most of it away! Here's a photo anywho, because the chicken is definitely worth making again.

Crispy chicken.jpg

Back