Emily's Journey to a Jawline - including food pics!

Tried to be super good today! Weigh in tomorrow, pretty nervous. :/

Day 7: Extra easy

Weetabix with oatly chocolate milk (hexab)
Nectarine
Apple
Naked Noodles Teryaki pot (1.5 syns)
Chicken, onions, chicken stock, new potatoes, carrots and cabbage
Mini aero (2.5 syns)

Total syns: 4

Blah, hopefully I'll feel more optimistic after weigh in! x

Good luck for tomorrow x

Thanks Stef, lost 4lbs at weigh in! Really happy with that! Hope you did well on Friday also?

Well the weekend was pretty crazy but I think I came through okay! I had a crazy long drive to Leeds and back on Saturday for a work event, in which I was offered an insane amount of cakes, cookies, brownies... pretty much everything tasty ever. Luckily, I stayed strong and managed to get through the entire day unscathed! Buttt... yesterday I went over to my friends for lunch and she didn't know I was on SW, she had made chicken fajitas with lots of salad and avocado! I had one tortilla wrap and 2 slices of avocado, the chicken had a tiny bit of oil but tasted really healthy. I think I ended the day on about 25 syns, but they were relatively healthy syns at least. Nevermind! Going to do some hardcore exercise today to combat damage control.

Here's todays food plan:

Hifi bars (hexb)
Banana
Mince and onions, sprouts, carrots and potato
Chicken madras, cucumber mint salad and rice (2 syns)
Strawberries and cream (2 syns)
Oatly chocolate milk (hexa)

Total syns: 4

x

Last edited:
Well done, great loss :)
I sts which I was ok with as I had a few off plan days. I'm on my way home from a festival in Derby and I have drunk loads!!!!
I think I'm in line for a gain this week. Still going to hit the gym hard and stick to plan from tomorrow :)

Ahh it sounds like it was worth it though! :) Haven't been to a festival in years, might have to change that in 2015!

Food plan got slightly changed. I feel like I haven't stopped eating today, I haven't done any exercise either. :( Oh well, might dig my running shoes out and hit the road before work tomorrow!

Here is the final food list:

Here's todays food plan:

Hifi bars (hexb)
Banana
Mince and onions, sprouts, carrots and potato
Chicken madras, saag "paneer" and rice (hexa + 2.5 syns)
Strawberries and cream (2.5 syns)

Total syns: 5

And here's some photos of dinner, was delish!

IMG_4783.jpgIMG_4781.jpg

Oh my gosh I love a saag! It looks amaze! Where's this recipe from? I'd love to have a low syn saag! I think my full fat saag and half a peshwari has contributed nicely to my weight gain this week! :(

Oh my gosh I love a saag! It looks amaze! Where's this recipe from? I'd love to have a low syn saag! I think my full fat saag and half a peshwari has contributed nicely to my weight gain this week! :(

Haha, aw I wouldn't worry about the gain, peshwari is worth it! I made the recipe up but it's really simple! I just fried (using frylight, boo) a diced onion with some turmeric, fresh chilli and garlic and some ground coriander, added a heap of thawed frozen leaf spinach, a tbs of curry powder and half a glass of water to stop it sticking to the pan, once the spinach was warmed through I added some fresh coriander and then 30g of diced cheddar! Fried for another minute or so and then served up. It would probably be nicer if it was finished off in the over but it was a last minute decision lol. Also, I've used halloumi before instead of cheddar and that's much better I think!

Sorry if that seems confusing, I'm not great at writing recipes! I tend to make things up as I go along. My mum wants to try making it with potatoes instead of cheese next week, saag aloo I think it's called. So will try that and let you know how it goes! x

Finally got home 2 hrs later than expected due to an accident on the motorway. So instead of gym we went for a curry. It was delicious but that is the end of our weekend! Lol :)

Yum yum yum I'm so inspired to try that this weekend. Thanks!

Let me know how it goes! :)

Yesterday was a good diet day IMO. I rediscovered my love of baked sweet potatoes, so you may be seeing a lot more of those this month!

Yesterday's food:

Hifi bars x 2 (hexb)
Billion grapes
Shredded chicken with tilda sundried tomato rice and red onion (2 syns)
Sweet baked potato, mexican chicken, salad and cheese (hexa)
Mini aero (2.5 syns)

Total syns: 4.5

Today's foodage:

Hifi bars x 2
Banana
Kiwi
Shredded chicken with tilda sundried tomato rice and red onion (2 syns)
Tuna and pasta with side salad (2 syns + hexa)
Liberte yogurt (1 syn)

:D

Typing this on my phone which is near impossible, but figured I should try keep this updated! Will update properly later!

Today's food:

HiFi bars (hexb)
Grapes
Rice chicken and onion (2 syns)
Chicken and spinach curry with rice
Oatly choc milk (hexa)
Cream (3 syns)

Ah, feels good to be back on a proper keyboard! My dinner was SO, SO NICE! By far the nicest dinner I've had in ages! I didn't take a photo, but I'll definitely be making it again. I made a chicken and spinach curry with lots of onions and green peppers in. I've started baking my curries in the oven for half an hour before I eat them, and it seems to make a really big difference in taste. I love it! I'll be a curry monster by the end of next week lol.

Other than that, all is good in the dieting world. I'm finding it really good so far, maybe because I've been using my syns quite well? Before I hardly used them on stuff that wasn't part of my meals, so I denied myself chocolate and treats altogether, but this time I'm having regular treats and deserts. Feels amazing! Just gotta keep it up. Weigh in numero two tomorrow, hoping for 2lb! x

I'm actually salivating right now :eek:

Good luck for tomorrow Emily, not that I think you'll need any luck you're doing great. You'll have to post that curry recipe, my favourite curry is palak. I love the mix of onions and spinach :) x

Thanks Kally! :) Congrats on your weight loss so far!

Spinach in anything is amazing Stef, Palak curry sounds amazing! I'm going to make it again tomorrow night I think, so I'll take some photos! Hope weigh in went okay? :D

I lost 1.5lbs this morning, which I'm okay with. At first I was a little bit disappointed because I'd been sneakily weighing myself at home (bad move, I know!) and it'd had showed a 3lb loss since last week, but nevermind! I haven't been hungry at all this week and I've not struggled at all, so if I can keep going like that and lose 1.5lbs a week it's fine by me. Onwards and downwards!

Had a "treat meal" of pasta bolognese for my dinner, which was syn free but I didn't have any superfree with it because I'm a friday weigh in rebel. Was super yum! I might have a curly wurly too! Pushing the boat out lol. It's my friends little boy's birthday tomorrow, so I'm going to make a bunch of meringues to take to the BBQ because I'm not overly keen on meringue and I can't eat it raw, so no sneaking taste tests like I do when baking cakes! :rolleyes:

Today's foodage:

Hifi bar (salted caramel! so nice! hexb)
Tilda rice, chicken and onion (2 syns)
Pasta bolognese with cheese (hexa)
Curly wurly (6 syns)

Total syns: 8 :cool:

Pow pow powing! Hope you're all doing well and have a lovely weekend! x

Well done on that 1.5lb, you are doing great. Just looking at your stats and you've lost over 20% of your body weight. That's amazing!
Definitely need photos & the recipe :D
Sts for me this week which I'm really happy with. I was totally off plan from Wed until Mon. Got weighed Tues morning & 6lb gain!!!! I have been to gym for at least 2hrs a day since then and kept within syns and it was back off yesterday, thank goodness. So this week going to go hard for a proper loss it's been too long. 3lb would get me my 4st. Anyway I'm only up this early on a Saturday because I'm off to spinning class at 8.15. I must be mad lol :whacky068:
Hope you have a lovely time at the BBQ today & the weather is better than it is here x

LOL I've just noticed I've lost over 20% too. I thought it was about 18 duh! :confused:

Spinning at any time of the day is mad, let alone 8.15 lol! You deserve a 3lb loss for that alone! Thanks though, I always forget how far I've come. You've done amazing as well, and all this year! Such a big achievement! You must be able to see a really big difference now? Exciting stuff! :D

Yesterday was awful, I must have had about 60 syns, but it's been my first bad day in such a long time now that I don't even mind too much. Feel really focused again today so I'm just going to try and do a bit of damage control this week and hope for another 1.5lb loss.

Today's foodage:

Hifi bars x 2 (hexb)
Oatly choc milk (hexa)
Turkey burgers, skinny fries and salad (1 syn for bbq sauce)
Few slices of ham
Plum

Total syns: 1

Tomorrow I'm thinking of trying a red day! Should look a little something like this:

Hifi bars x 2 (hexb1)
Quiche with cheese, bacon and red onions and side salad (hexa1)
Turkey burgers, coleslaw, boiled egg and salad (2 syns)
Plum
Apple

Total syns: 3

I get another healthy extra, but I'm not too sure what to use them on yet! Will see how tomorrow pans out! I got some swish new gym clothes, so I'm hopefully going for a run in the morning! Woop! Here's my turkey burger food pic, they look a bit burnt but they tasted fine lol.

IMG_5627.jpg

Back