Emily's Journey to a Jawline - including food pics!

Lunch! :D

Attachments

• IMG_20160201_140210.jpg
    IMG_20160201_140210.jpg
    548.4 KB · Views: 22
A few photos from tonight! Took before I added 30g of grated cheddar. I had a few bites of Liam's left overs, so I'm going to count 2 syns incase there was any bits of cheese that snuck in there! Also added a tsp of choc shot, so ending the day on 7 syns!

Food plan for tomorrow:

Muller light goodies (2.5 syns)
Blueberries
Cauliflower cheese soup
Paprika chicken burger, coleslaw and sweet potato chips (HEXb + 2 syns for coleslaw,2 syns for chilli jam)

Total syns: 6.5

I'm really loving the plan this time round, and I feel pretty confident in what I'm doing. The only thing I'm struggling with is getting in enough speed food. For some reason, I've reeeeaally gone off salad and vegetables, which is making lunches a bit tricky. Going to try and force myself to have some cauliflower soup tomorrow, and I'm hoping once I've had it I'll remember it's not so bad lol. I feel like a toddler! :oops:

E x

Attachments

• IMG_20160201_194207.jpg
    IMG_20160201_194207.jpg
    470.6 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20160201_181712.jpg
    IMG_20160201_181712.jpg
    557.6 KB · Views: 26
A few photos from tonight! Took before I added 30g of grated cheddar. I had a few bites of Liam's left overs, so I'm going to count 2 syns incase there was any bits of cheese that snuck in there! Also added a tsp of choc shot, so ending the day on 7 syns!

Food plan for tomorrow:

Blueberries
Cauliflower cheese soup
Paprika chicken burger, coleslaw and sweet potato chips (HEXb + 2 syns for coleslaw,2 syns for chilli jam)

I'm really loving the plan this time round, and I feel pretty confident in what I'm doing. The only thing I'm struggling with is getting in enough speed food. For some reason, I've reeeeaally gone off salad and vegetables, which is making lunches a bit tricky. Going to try and force myself to have some cauliflower soup tomorrow, and I'm hoping once I've had it I'll remember it's not so bad lol. I feel like a toddler! :oops:

E x
Luh Luh
Food once again looks superb, I've gone the other way I'm loving vegetables again, and my taste buds are firing, can't believe I can actually taste stuff, I'm intrigued about the Cauliflower Cheese soup, may I ask how you make it and the Syn value ?? Well have a good day, it's my weigh in tonight... xx

Hi! Love your diary, you're actual domestic goddess I swear. I'm not SW but calorie counting at the mo, hope you don't mind me following for ideas and inspo?

Luh Luh
Food once again looks superb, I've gone the other way I'm loving vegetables again, and my taste buds are firing, can't believe I can actually taste stuff, I'm intrigued about the Cauliflower Cheese soup, may I ask how you make it and the Syn value ?? Well have a good day, it's my weigh in tonight... xx

Thanks! :) Ah I'm hoping I'll become that way. I'm thinking with the soup I'll just boil some cauliflower, potato and onion in vegetable or chicken stock, and then mix in 30g of cheddar just before the end and blitz. That way, it should be syn free and just one healthy extra. Will see how it goes and let you know! Good luck with weigh in, I'm sure you'll do great! x

Hi! Love your diary, you're actual domestic goddess I swear. I'm not SW but calorie counting at the mo, hope you don't mind me following for ideas and inspo?

Haha, thank you! :oops: And no, of course not. How are you getting on with calorie counting?

E x

And I've failed already! I bailed on the soup (sorry Scooter!) and ended up with Batcherlor's cheese, leek and ham pasta with cauliflower and healthy extra cheese on the side. :rolleyes: I'm still getting my speed in, just with copious amounts of pasta it would seem. I've got to have soup tomorrow though, as I'm now out of other delicious options haha. Healthy by default. :D

The pasta takes my syns for today up to 7.5. I can cope with that. :cool:

E x

Okay, here's todays actual foodage:

Batchelor's cheese, leek and ham pasta with cauliflower and cheese (1 syn + HEXa)
Chilli chicken burger, chips, coleslaw, salad and chilli jam (4 syns + HEXb)
Blueberries, whipped cream, choc shot (3 syns)

Total syns: 10.5

Attached a pic of dinner. It was pretty good! I think I'm due on star week (yay) pretty soon, so finding I'm hungrier than usual. Had a few more syns that I'd like but I'd rather have an extra few syns and not be hungry. Still going strong. :cool:

Here's the plan for tomorrow:

Chocolate weetabix with raspberries (HEXab + 1 syn for cocoa powder and 1 syn for choc shot!)
Sausages, new potatoes, beans (1 syn for 2 sausages)
More Raspberries
Minted lamb shank, new potatoes, carrots & broccoli (2.5 syns)

Total syns: 5.5

This week will also mean I can cross off my first goal, which is to stick to plan for 3 weeks! My friends are coming over for dinner Saturday night, and they're the 'let's eat pizza and cookies and drink beer' kind of friends, so I might have a bit of a treat night... will see how I feel on the day. Hope you're all good!

E x

Attachments

• IMG_20160202_185724.jpg
    IMG_20160202_185724.jpg
    497.2 KB · Views: 28
Did you make the chilli jam? And how do you do your coleslaw? I've tried making my own but wasn't keen - yours looks lovely.

Thanks! I don't make the chilli jam, I use 'Tesco Finest Chilli Relish' - it's literally the nicest thing in the world. It's 2 syns per tablespoon, and it's quite strong so a little makes a big difference! Would definitely recommend it. I make the coleslaw with a tbs of light mayo (2 syns) and 2 tbs of light salad cream (1 syn), a very small splash of vinegar and then mix in grated carrot, red cabbage and onion. I made enough for 2 but had just over half, so counted mine as 2 syns. :)

E x

Luh Luh
Oh never mind about the soup another eh ?
Once again your food looks fabulous !!!!
At weigh in I lost 4lb, got my 1 stone certificate, 1 stone 2lbs in total and got slimmer of the week.... Well chuffed xx

Luh Luh
Oh never mind about the soup another eh ?
Once again your food looks fabulous !!!!
At weigh in I lost 4lb, got my 1 stone certificate, 1 stone 2lbs in total and got slimmer of the week.... Well chuffed xx

Thanks! Aw that's amazing. Well done! :D Just goes to prove that you can actually eat and still lose weight. :) x

Did you use red onion or white onion in the slaw?

I used white onion today, with red cabbage. Sometimes I used red onion with white cabbage, it's normally a case of whatever I've got in lol. x

Slight change of plan due to a late wake up!

Today's food:

Sausages, beans and new potatoes (1.5 for 3 sausages)
Hifi bar lights x 2 (HEXb)
Bowl of raspberries
Mint lamb shank, new potatoes, carrots and broccoli (2.5 syns)
Hot chocolate with cream (HEXa + 2.5 syns)

I had the most embarrassing experience cooking lunch. I burnt my sausages a little bit, and I'd forgot to put the extractor on which set the fire alarm off! We've only been living here since October, and it's in an old armoury which is comprised of 10 very old but very pretty houses. Anyway, it turns out that a) I don't know how to turn the fire alarm off, and b) when one alarm goes off, all 10 houses alarms go off! I felt so bad for my neighbours haha. Probably the loudest thing I've ever heard. :oops: To top it all off, I was in my PJ's and wearing no make up, so I had to go out in my slippers in front of everyone to try and figure out how to turn it off (there's a control panel in the courtyard!) and apologise haha. It was a lot worse than it sounds!

Other than that, all has been well on the diet front. Only a few more days until I can cross of my first goal! Woop! :cool: I don't feel like I've lost anything tbh. I thought I'd feel a bit lighter by now but I know it's going to take time. Just gotta keep at it.

E x

Just discovered blueberries aren't a speed food! So frustrated! Especially as they're so good for you. I know they're still free, but I'll probably eat them less now as it was mainly a way of getting in some extra speed food. Kingsmill Wholemeal Sandwich Thins are now no longer a HEXb choice either. I dislike the new SW plan lol. :(

E x

The hovis sandwich thins are still a b choice though - just get those instead. I shouldn't laugh but the smoke alarm situation sounds hilarious. My favourite fruit are not speed food: grapes, blueberries, mango, cherries and kiwi. Bananas and pineapple aren't either but I don't eat those very often. I love mango in a salad though (plenty of speed in salad anyway).

Slight change of plan due to a late wake up!

Today's food:

Sausages, beans and new potatoes (1.5 for 3 sausages)
Hifi bar lights x 2 (HEXb)
Bowl of raspberries
Mint lamb shank, new potatoes, carrots and broccoli (2.5 syns)
Hot chocolate with cream (HEXa + 2.5 syns)

I had the most embarrassing experience cooking lunch. I burnt my sausages a little bit, and I'd forgot to put the extractor on which set the fire alarm off! We've only been living here since October, and it's in an old armoury which is comprised of 10 very old but very pretty houses. Anyway, it turns out that a) I don't know how to turn the fire alarm off, and b) when one alarm goes off, all 10 houses alarms go off! I felt so bad for my neighbours haha. Probably the loudest thing I've ever heard. :oops: To top it all off, I was in my PJ's and wearing no make up, so I had to go out in my slippers in front of everyone to try and figure out how to turn it off (there's a control panel in the courtyard!) and apologise haha. It was a lot worse than it sounds!

Other than that, all has been well on the diet front. Only a few more days until I can cross of my first goal! Woop! :cool: I don't feel like I've lost anything tbh. I thought I'd feel a bit lighter by now but I know it's going to take time. Just gotta keep at it.

E x
Luh Luh that's made me chuckle this morning.... Sorry
Have another great day xx

The hovis sandwich thins are still a b choice though - just get those instead. I shouldn't laugh but the smoke alarm situation sounds hilarious. My favourite fruit are not speed food: grapes, blueberries, mango, cherries and kiwi. Bananas and pineapple aren't either but I don't eat those very often. I love mango in a salad though (plenty of speed in salad anyway).
I'm just loving fruit since I've been to slimming world.. Have a good day xx

Blueberries are low sugar though, I wonder why they're not speed. All the other non speed fruit are much higher sugar.

Bless you with the fire alarm sitch, that's terrible/hilarious. Before we got an extractor I used to set our fire alarm off every five minutes, I imagine the neighbours would love me.

Notice from SW, Kingsmill thins are coming back on tomorrow. SW were given duff info. Given I've sent them photos of the new Milk Chocolate delight bars (what were the chewy delight bars) months ago but they wouldn't update the name I find it surprising they've updated the sandwich thins without confirming the information first.

Back