Emma's diary- a new start

Well I had my first session at the gym this morning and really enjoyed it. I felt so good when I came out. Am looking forward to going again tomorrow. Food wise I havent been bad as well so all good. Cooking beef in black bean sauce with wholemeal rice for dinner- so looking forward to that.

Last edited:
mm dinner sounds lovely!! well done for going to the gym. i'm still too chicken to sign up.

I'm back to day 1 again today!! Hope you have a good week. keep posting too!

Thank you Aaliyah.

Well I didn't go to the gym yesterday as i was aching quite a bit lol. Didn't go today either as have been completely exhausted so been feeling sorry for myself.

Am going to the gym in the morning. I have been emailing a lady who is a personal trainer- and is based at my gym 2 days a week so am going to have a chat with her tomorrow. I have been looking through her website and she has a weightloss programme so am going to talk to her about that. Im thinking that will keep me motivated maybe? lol

If im honest I had a call on Monday from my doctor after i got back from the gym and she went through some blood test results and then said she has after a year referred me for funding for weightloss surgery. I was really happy and for the last few days its all i have been thinking about. I suppose if I hadnt had been told that i would have gone to the gym yesterday and today whether i was aching/exhausted or not as i know its no pain no gain. But instead i was thinking well i dont want to loose to much now as i may not get an operation.

Anyway ive been thinking about it a lot today and talking to the personal trainer has really help me. I am going to keep going to the gym regularly (maybe not 5 times to start with) and also going to sign up for this weightloss programme and see where i go from there. Im going to take it one day at a time.

God, why did I ever let myself get so big. Its so easy to put weight on but omg its so hard to loose it.

evening hun! are you considering surgery?

The personal trainer sounds good. surgery is such a final option its good to see what else is out there. You know we're all here whatever path you choose :)

Yes surgery is an option after 10yrs + of trying to loose weight its wearing me down.

I went to the gym yesterday and loved it. I had a lovely chat with the personal trainer and she is going to put together a weightloss plan for me and also an exercise programme. While i was in the gym i was on a treadmill and there was a 86yr old lady on the bike next to me and we got talking. She was saying she does 20 mins on the treadmill just as i was about to get off at 12mins but instead i carried on and did 20 mins on it and felt so good. If an 86yr old lady with curvature of the spine can do it , then so can I. I came away feeling really good. Im hoping to go again on Monday.
xx

I went to the gym this morning and loved it again. The personal trainer went though my exercise programme and a diet plan for me. She recommended I followed a low GI diet as it will help with my underactive thyroid, pcos and diabeties so am going to do some research on that, have also ordered a low gi book from amazon. I am aching this evening and am exhausted- but no pain no gain!! I am off to the gym again tomorrow morning and hopefully on Friday as well. For the first time in a very long time I feel as though I can do this!!

Have had a good day today. Went to the gym this morning and then just chilled for the rest of the day. Today is the last of 3 days off, so back to work tomorrow boo hoo. My son has been in France all week with the school and is due back tomorrow night- Am so looking forward to seeing him, have missed him so much and its been so quiet without him. Eating wise I have been good today- me and DF went out for dinner for a carvery which was very nice. Back to normal tomorrow though.

I was doing so well then have had a very bad week. I havent been to the gym, have eaten so much rubbish and feel awful.Work had been stressful this week lots of jobs at risk but im hoping im safe. But am back to the gym on Monday - looking forward to going again! Also back to slimming world on Monday - but as I have all the books now im going to be doing it at home. I have also got a low GI book so will try and choose foods with low GI.

Morning Emma. sorry to hear work has been so hard, hope your job is safe.

I do SW at home too. no classes anywhere near where I live so no choice really.

Hope you have a nice weekend x

Hi Aaliyah, Im getting on OK have had 2 very good days eating wise. Havent been to the gym as its the Easter hols and my little man is home. Hoping to go next week though as my other half is home on lates so can go to the gym first thing. Hope you are OK and having a good week. xx

Hey. Its going well so far. Am actually really surprised at how well im doing. I think because I have a couple of reasons why I want to loose the weight (holiday and wanting a baby) it is making it easier thinking about the end result. Weigh in is on Weds have had a sneaky look at the scales and its looking good so far!! xx

Well I have had my first weigh in and have lost 11lbs woo hoo am so happy with that. Although yesterday I was struggling and was so hungry so had to have some chicken. Lets hope I can do well in week 2!! x

Back