Emma's Diary

Hi everyone - Happy New year to you all. Well I am back on Atkins today with no intention of getting weighed until a week on saturday. Had a fab christmas ate loads and enjoyed every minute of it. Now back on it a want another 3 stone off before I go on maintenance which gives me about 3 months so fingers crossed

xx

I had a few drinks last night and promptly fell asleep. Just not used to it any more! Also permitted myself a few dry roasted peanuts, but otherwise only indulged in home made Atkins-friendly treats.

Back to the grindstone today, and hopefully to more weight loss.

Happy New Year!

Hi emma and girly..

emma I'm right there with you. Ive been eating loads of things btu starting sunday I"m back on a strict induction myself then back to maintence. I'm not weighing myself as this morning TOM showed up 4 days early :( the *******!! so not only am I suffering from TOM but also the gas effect from the carb blow out and a headache, had way too much to drink last night :)

But you know reading the posts in here make me feel good and keeps me motivated

It's the bloated feeling and the wind that I hate. :(

I hear ya jim and I'm suffering now myself. today is day one of induction for me.. I need it !!!

Last edited:
yes love, and isn't it good to know that you can do it and it'll work love. :D

yes love, and isn't it good to know that you can do it and it'll work love. :D

That's so true!!! It's like now I know I ate like 5 pigs over the holidays but it's like no big deal, start back on induction and I know it'll work... It's amazing to see how my mentality has changed.. I never would of thought like this 1 year ago..:D

I know more, Atkins brings a lot of peace of mind to me. :)

Me too.

I wasn't afraid of Christmas or New Year food. Not at all. Amazing.

I didn't touch regular sweets or high carb foods and ate within reasonable boundaries, including many low carb treats and lots of home made stuff.

I had a great time.

Atkins is my safety net I think!

i agree for the first time i didn't feel bad having a blowout cos I knew I could get back on it. Although I am starving today. I have jumped on the scales and was 3lb more but I know at some point over the fetivities I had put on 7lb so I was quite chuffed. Official weigh in Saturday again so fingers crossed it will be a good one.

Pleased everyone is back on it doing well

xx

Well put Kirsty, Atkins is my safety net as well, and it's amazing how good I feel back on induction, purified somehow, odd way to put it but that's how I feel.

hi hope everyone is ok in this awful weather. There is only 1 school open where we live luckily its where my boys go to haha. Weigh in tomorrow so fingers crossed will be getting back to pre christmas weight or somewhere near.

xx

Morning Em, it's a lovely clear day here at the moment, bitterly cold though, more snow forecast tonight and the weekend.

Hi everyone, well things really didn't go to plan friday night had a big binge I knew it was coming had struggled all week. Saturday was fien but didn't do weigh in. Then sunday was Dannys mums 60th and we went out for a meal all paid for so I thought sod it and ate what I wanted. Got back on track yesterday though so will weigh in saturday. Hope everyone else is doing ok after christmas its so hard to get back on track when you have time off but I am determined might even try the Wii fit today if I can figure out how to turn it on haha

xx

we've all done it em, just get back on track love, that's all you can do.

That's so very true Laura..
Em glad you are back on track.. don't sweat it

thanks everyone feeling much more positive this week fingers crossed for saturday I think it may be another week till i reach pre christmas weight though! :mad:

xx

I'm back to pre Christmas weight, thanks to some forward planning mind.
:flirt2:

LOL, you'll do Ok love.

I think most of us start to think that way on Atkins, Laura. A way of eating, a way of life. The real core dread of food and eating leaves you. A slip is not a binge, and a binge is not a total failure. We can always get back into it, whenever we choose.

Wonderful.

Emm you'll get there don't sweat it..

Laura I totally agree with you have said. I'm not too pressed over a 3 pound and not planning on getting on scale any more. I'm going to go by my clothes and leave it at that.

pre-planning is a good idea has jim does and I often cut back my carbs when I know I'm going to have a night out or etc.. for me it's normal to eat this way. If I want something I eat it but I know I can't eat like that everyday.. like you said it's a lifestyle change not a diet..

Back