Emma's Diary

Em, have you tried that L-Carnatine?

No Jim, is it good?

xx

There is a thread about it love, looks like many think it's a great help.

Hi Emma... its helped me, not only to come out of a stall but also to have more energy. Vicky posted a good link on the thread for a cheap place to get them. x

Hi Emma glad to have you back :D yes get some L carnitine thats deffo what helped my 4lb loss last week. Only 1lb off this week but i have consumed rather a lot of wine .

have been looking, also have you tried chromium? apparently its stops sugar cravings. I am on teh verge of a wobble again so might get some. Might not help me through tonight though!!

xx

Dont do it!!!!! think of the show. Go for a walk instead if its nice where you are??? I take co q 10 aswell as the l carnitine and cod liver oil.

lol we must rattle!

Well I have finally splashed out on L-Carnitine after reading this today and peeking at the specific thread. I always meant to try it but kept forgetting. I bought the gel capsules you recommend, Vicky, so here's hoping I will soon be bursting with energy and zipping around getting things done!

I take an omega 3 fish oil for my joints and a multi vit.

I think I need commission :)

LOL Vicky. :)

I feel like crap - constant sugar cravings are driving me mad and I don't know why. The thought of meat makes me feel sick - what is wrong with me? HAve I just been doing this too long?

xx

Might simply be that you have eaten carbs lately and got the notion for them right back again. I can only recommend a very strict Induction phase, if only a shorter one, to get the cravings under control. Atkins is designed to be for life so I don't think you have been doing it too long, rather the old voices and old trigger foods are calling you.

This is something we all have to deal with and if you were at goal you could indulge occasionally, as Jim and others do, then cut back again afterwards.

You have given yourself a deadline and this sometimes, bizarrely, makes us crave and cheat. We are not good at dealing with emotional pressure nor with the feelings of failure we get from not losing as fast we we'd like to - all those old negative thoughts can come trickling back until they are a flood.

I can't bear the thought of ever returning to that misery. I hope you are able to fight through this bad patch and think long term and not just short term. Believe me I stall for very long periods now but I just get on with it, one day at a time. Going back to eating lots of carbs will almost certainly lead to major weight regain.

Don't eat meat if you don't want it, eat fish or chicken or give that up too and eat omelettes and stir fries - anything that might break the monotony for now. What about some special cheeses you don't normally splash out on? Or some low carb pasta, for a change?

On the official Atkins board, I bet, the immediate advice would be to move to OWL, right now. You can eat more - greater variety - but you might be scared to do that cos our 'old' thinking says , more food = slower losses. On the Atkins board countless posters say that the opposite is true.

Good luck hun! Hang on in there.

Last edited:
thanks girly i did have some tinned toms for tea with chicken, garlic and mozerrela and it was yum but not something i would usually have. I think I need more variety. I live on cooked breakfast and an atkins bar then struggle everyday what to have for tea!! Just gets very boring

xx

Morning Em, have you tried any of the recipe's from the thread?

yeah a few I am just so disorganised with having the kids and am often cooking 2 teas already cos Fred doesn't eat what everyone else eats cos he is only 11 months. I need to get my arse in gear, stop moaning and start planning thats what it is

xx

Back