Emma's Exante Diary - Day 1

Xtrem0r

About Me
I used to be extremely slim, however a sedentary office job has meant that I have pilled on the pounds!! :mad: - It gets worse when you realised that I have put on 7 stone in 4 years :eek: (I know it's disgusting!)
I have tried a few diets but struggled to stay motivated as the task of shedding the weight is too daunting.
So here I am on day one of Exante, my willpower is strong and i'm determined to get the old me back as the excess pounds/stones have been holding me back from a lot of things I wouldn't have thought twice about doing previously. My poor boyfriend is a long term sufferer of my complaining but doing nothing bout it - So i'm determined to make a change.

I understand that perhaps only I will read this diary but that's fine, as I hope reading back through will inspire me on the difficult days!

Day 1

So i received my bumper pack of shakes late yesterday so I started today!!
Breakfast = Chocolate Shake -Not so keen, found myself gagging - (more because of the texture that the taste)
Lunch = Banana Shake - I thought this tasted good but for some reason it didn't mix too well (maybe a dodgy pack)
Dinner = Strawberry Shake - Not bad at all!! :)

I found that non of them were particularly flavoursome - so any advise on how to 'spice' them up would be greatly appreciate, but they were certainly edible and i'm sure I can stick to this.

Drinks = 2.5ltrs of water - I found myself running to the loo every 5 mins but otherwise this was fine, i tend to drink a lot of water anyway. I did have a Dr Pepper Zero today as the hunger pang where pretty bad this evening and I thought a fizzy drink might help - It did :)

I have to be honest I have heard my tummy complaining for food a lot today - but I know that will get easier!
I don't really get food cravings, i eat out of boredom so it's just a matter of keeping busy - minimins certainly helps with that, i could read all the advice for hours.
I just hope I don't get too bored of the shakes .

Fingers Crossed - I'm certainly feeling positive!

Emma xx :p

congrats on your first day! I had tummy rumbles on day one also. Im now on day four and thats totally stopped :)

Welcome and Good Luck. It sounds like your head's in the right place and that's half the battle with this diet. :welcome2:

Sounds like you're getting into it. I find a bit of cinnamon goes nice in the shakes. I use a protein shaker bottle with a spring like ball that goes in it. I put the water in first, then the powder and just shake, leave it for a couple of mins to thicken a little and shake again. It always goes really smooth this way, no lumps.

Hi Emma!

Congrats on getting through day 1!
I know, the same thing has held me back before as well- there's so much weight to lose it feels so daunting and couldn't even imagine I'd ever get to goal. Don't know why but this time I feel different and it feels easier. Good luck on day 2!

Hi Emma! Welcome to Exante and minimums!

Good luck with you weight loss journey. How is day two going? :)

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for all your kind words and support, I think minimins is going to get me through! :)

'Smallerme' - Thanks for the advice, i'll try cinnamon and i've got a protein shaker bottle and it was much better today!
'MsMunch-less' - It's really good to know other people share your worries - I hope things are going well go you?
'Handbag-annie' - Your weight loses are amazing - Congratulations!!

Day 2

Breakfast = Vanilla Shake - Amazing i actually really enjoyed this one!
Lunch = Chocolate Shake - Actually tasted much better than yesterday, maybe i'm used to it already ;)
Dinner =
Banana Shake

I've been starving today, but I know that will get easier so i'm just sticking with it!
I'm a bit worried about the weekend so i need to keep busy, but I know if I can get over the weekend it should be plain sailing.

I was wondering about the 5th week... does anyone do the 'add a meal' week? How have you found it?

Emma xx

DAY 3

It's been a really good day!!
* no headache
* no hunger pains
* no cravings
* a lot of energy

Been on a 7km walk today according to my app 305 kcal burnt!! Whoop! Can't wait to step on the scales! Fingers crossed for a brilliant result!!

Although I had a DISASTER today! Tried to make my chocolate shake hot today and it exploded all over the kitchen! Burnt my hand but I'll live - be careful though!

Craving something to chew so think I'm going to order some bars. Is it true you can have Tesco ultra slim bars??

Emma xx

Xtrem0r said:
DAY 3

It's been a really good day!!
* no headache
* no hunger pains
* no cravings
* a lot of energy

Been on a 7km walk today according to my app 305 kcal burnt!! Whoop! Can't wait to step on the scales! Fingers crossed for a brilliant result!!

Although I had a DISASTER today! Tried to make my chocolate shake hot today and it exploded all over the kitchen! Burnt my hand but I'll live - be careful though!

Craving something to chew so think I'm going to order some bars. Is it true you can have Tesco ultra slim bars??

Emma xx

Oh no how did you manage that - microwave or blender? Hope the hand is ok.

With regard to your question about the food week, personally I dont have it. I was a total recluse the first few weeks and missed going out for a meal with friends or my hubby. Therefore, I tend to have a WS day at the weekend so I can go out and have a chicken or fish salad........minus the chips!. I am on this long term so it works for me that way! Xx

handbag-annie said:
Oh no how did you manage that - microwave or blender? Hope the hand is ok.

With regard to your question about the food week, personally I dont have it. I was a total recluse the first few weeks and missed going out for a meal with friends or my hubby. Therefore, I tend to have a WS day at the weekend so I can go out and have a chicken or fish salad........minus the chips!. I am on this long term so it works for me that way! Xx

Hi "handbag-annie" thanks for the advice, after a few weeks, I think I might include a WS day it probably helps boost your metabolism too. I think I need a 'treat' to look forward to, to keep me on track.

DAY 4
I had an ultraslim bar for breakfast today which was great, took a long time to eat and it was nice to actually chew.
I also tried the porridge for lunch so I could sit and eat 'Sunday dinner' with my family. I was actually pleasantly surprised although I struggled to get through a whole bowl. It was very heavy towards the end.
I am a total cheeseoholic, and I have really wanted some cheese today. I'm not hungry but really want it. Joe (my boyfriend) moaned and moaned keeping me on the straight and narrow but it's all I can think about. (crazy I know)
Another long walk today - 536kcal burnt! It was lovely but I managed to get 4 blisters!
Oh well onwards and upwards tomorrow - hopefully no food cravings!!
Emma xx

DAY 5

Had a brilliant day to day - I think I'm really getting into the swing of things! HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!! :D another walk under my belt to. Every little helps. Can't wait till weigh day, I hope it brings even more motivation!! :D

Emma xx

Hey Emma Well done u
Luv Ur determination and focus Wk is flyin and I know Ur in 4 a gr8 surprise when u WI
Ok tips dat helped me startin off:-
First and foremost I have a hand blender dat I find super Haven't invested in a Smoothie 2 go yet but others have recommended it for makin d banana and strawberry shakes with lots of ice
I tend to use a deep jug or lunchbox then my hand blender so can't burn myself
I make peppermint tea then throw in CHoc shake and blend Scrumious or else make decaf coffee and throw in vanilla shake and blend Also scrum
I put in way over 300ml as love 2 big mugs as it fills me up!! Sometimes I add some sweetener to d mint CHoc if I'm Cravin smthg sweet!!
Ultraslim bars r yummy Warnin don't eat more than one a day ( yes I found dem 2 nice!)
Luv d porridge Out of it and miss it!!
Smear Vaseline on Ur feet b4 puttin on Ur sports socks and runners Prevents blisters (poor u)
Keep up d gud work
Just back from a long cycle
Temperatures beginning to rise Yipee!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

shoebedoo said:
Hey Emma Well done u
Luv Ur determination and focus Wk is flyin and I know Ur in 4 a gr8 surprise when u WI
First and foremost I have a hand blender dat I find super Haven't invested in a Smoothie 2 go yet but others have recommended it for makin d banana and strawberry shakes with lots of ice
I make peppermint tea then throw in CHoc shake and blend Scrumious or else make decaf coffee and throw in vanilla shake and blend Also scrum
I put in way over 300ml as love 2 big mugs as it fills me up!! Sometimes I add some sweetener to d mint CHoc if I'm Cravin smthg sweet!!
Ultraslim bars r yummy Warnin don't eat more than one a day ( yes I found dem 2 nice!)
Smear Vaseline on Ur feet b4 puttin on Ur sports socks and runners Prevents blisters (poor u)
Keep up d gud work

If you haven't had a strawberry or banana shake blended with ice ladies then you haven't lived. Bought a smoothie to go just before my holiday and OMG it's worth the money. The strawberry one is like a McDonalds milkshake. Takes ages to eat as so cold! :)

shoebedoo said:
Hey Emma Well done u
Keep up d gud work

Hi Shoebedoo!
Thank you for all your wonderful advice!
I haven't been for a walk today because I've been to the cinema but I will def give the Vaseline a go tomorrow! I have no spare skin for more blisters! Lol! Well done on cycling, that's what I'm looking to do next!! :)
Emma xx

DAY 6

Today had been surprisingly difficult, felt a lot of hunger. My tummy was talking so much, people in my office were commenting! Lol!

Also my boyfriend took me to the pub to enjoy the sunshine after work and I had a paddy cos I couldn't bear to see people eating - not something that usually bothers me!?

We went to the cinema so that was a good distraction - oh well, I stayed on plan and tomorrow is a fresh day!! :D

Emma xx

Hi Emma,

Been feeling hungry today as well for some reason.
Main thing is regardless temptation you've stayed 100%, that's another day closer to goal!:D

MsMunch-less said:
Hi Emma,

Been feeling hungry today as well for some reason.
Main thing is regardless temptation you've stayed 100%, that's another day closer to goal!:D

Oh Ms Munch-less at least I'm not alone! Been much better today though! I hope you have too?

DAY 7

Which means ONE WHOLE WEEK DONE!!! :D
Not much to report today, it's mean a good day and a 8km walk done!!
excited for WI tomorrow! I hope the scales don't disappoint!!

Emma xx

Hi Emma great feeling when you complete your first week, good luck with your WI tomorrow xx:)

Back