Emma's Exante Diary - Day 1

LizDesigns said:
You've done the right thing by jumping straight back on the wagon. Don't let what happened get you down, you're stronger than that. Just concentrate on each day at a time.

Thanks Liz, the support really helps :) I hope it's all going well for you?

DAY 19

We've had a crazy busy day today which has resulted in a terrible diet day!! I had breakfast in the car travelling home (a bar) this is all I've had all day!!
We've been visiting friends and family today which has made it difficult to "eat" as I've been keeping the diet quite low key amongst my friends and boyfriend's family cos I can't be bothered with the health lectures!!
I'm having a terrible week :( gutted!

Also we took our niece and nephew strawberry picking today... This was actual hell! All the juicy strawberries and not one passed my lips!!

Anyway I should stop moaning now! ... Sorry!

Emma xx

Well done for avoiding the strawberries!! And particularly well done for getting back on it after a little blip. It's too easy to blame ourselves and beat ourselves up, but as a counsellor once told me, it really doesn't achieve anything other than anxiety & making us feel even worse. Then it's a vicious cycle because you tell yourself you're a failure that much that 9 times out of 10 you do fail, and then "prove yourself right". Everyone's so supportive on here & wants you do do well, plod on with it, you'll definitely see the results :0)

3 weeks down and another 3lb gone!! That's a stone in 3 weeks! Very happy with that :D After a terrible few days I'm very happy with 3lbs!!

Misspiggy1981 said:
Well done for avoiding the strawberries!! And particularly well done for getting back on it after a little blip. It's too easy to blame ourselves and beat ourselves up, but as a counsellor once told me, it really doesn't achieve anything other than anxiety & making us feel even worse. Then it's a vicious cycle because you tell yourself you're a failure that much that 9 times out of 10 you do fail, and then "prove yourself right". Everyone's so supportive on here & wants you do do well, plod on with it, you'll definitely see the results :0)

Thanks MissP you have some wonderful advice! Thank you! I hope it's all going well for you? Xx

Yay on your 3lb loss, especially after a rocky couple of days. It's credit to your determination. :D

Thanks for your support Liz, you're a star!!

I noticed you have been doing the AAM week. How do you find that? A lot of people seem not to do it. Does it work well for you?

Em xx

well done on your 3lbs - lovely when you get that 1st stone off!!

It went well and I still lost 3lbs. The only problem is i'm finding it hard to get back into TS and drinking the water. I'm still perservering though, how are you getting on? :D

Misspiggy1981 said:
well done on your 3lbs - lovely when you get that 1st stone off!!

Thanks MissP!! I know I was so excited and I went for a walk and my jeans kept falling down!! It's good to see it in your clothes rather than just a number of the scale!! :)
How's it all going for you! :) xx

LizDesigns said:
It went well and I still lost 3lbs. The only problem is i'm finding it hard to get back into TS and drinking the water. I'm still perservering though, how are you getting on? :D

That's great! As of Thurs I'm on my AAM week and I'm really excited to eat proper food... I don't even mean rubbish! Lol! I'm a little worried about getting back on TS in week 6! I'm sure I'll be fine though cos I'm so determined!

Well done on sticking with it. It's probably just getting in the routine again but once you're there you'll be sailing again. :D 3lb is fantastic too! :)

Since my blip, I've been 100% so I hope the scales reflect that this week! :)

Em xx

thats a great feeling when the clothes are loose! my engagement ring is now getting more loose, loving that! I'm doing OK thanks, had a few days away last week where I sort of did aam, but until today have faffed about with odd bits of protein here and there - been 100% today though, hoping to see a loss by tuesday WI!

Misspiggy1981 said:
thats a great feeling when the clothes are loose! my engagement ring is now getting more loose, loving that! I'm doing OK thanks, had a few days away last week where I sort of did aam, but until today have faffed about with odd bits of protein here and there - been 100% today though, hoping to see a loss by tuesday WI!

Some times a little break is just what you need! In terms of the mini break and the diet! Plus you've showed you strength by sticking to the protein!
Well done on 100% today! :D I'm sure you're WI will reflect your commitment! :)

DAY 29
4 weeks complete!
-2lb result from weigh- in :( very disappointed!
I haven't done any exercise this week so I can't really moan but I'm still disappointed!
AAM week now so we'll see how that goes!
:( Emma xx

DAY 32
Today sucks! Sorry to alway be on here moaning! Today is Father's day and my dad passed away in January after battling cancer, hence my first Father's day without him and I'm really struggling :(
I could eat everything in sight today cos my emotions are all over the place! It's taking all of my strength to be good!
Also I'm on AAM week which doesn't help cos having that little bit of real food is allowing me to kid myself it's ok to cave in today!! IT'S NOT!
Anyway I'll battle on!
Emma xx

Oh Emma sending big hugs.

It will be tens years next month since my Dad lost his cancer battle and for some reason I'm finding today hell ;(

Stay strong with your eating and hopefully you will be feeling better tomorrow xx xx

handbag-annie said:
Oh Emma sending big hugs.

It will be tens years next month since my Dad lost his cancer battle and for some reason I'm finding today hell ;(

Stay strong with your eating and hopefully you will be feeling better tomorrow xx xx

Thanks Annie,
I'm sorry you're having a difficult day too! Cancer is so cruel and there is nothing to say to make it any better.
I'm really struggling- I know eating will not make me feel better but it's strange how the mind works!!
Anyway I hope tomorrow brings a better day for us both. ;)
Emma xx

Hi Emma, sorry to hear about your dad, the first of everything is always hard when you have lost somebody close, but just think how far you have come with your journey over the last month and how proud your dad would of been of you, he will always be with you hope you aren't struggling too much (((HUGS))) xx

DAY 34
After my nightmare of a day on Sunday the weeks has so far got worse.
I've lost count of the number of times I've fallen off the wagon!
I'm on AAM week and it's just been eat everything in sight week :( NO will power when I'm emotional!!
However this eating has been nothing like what I could eat before. I have been within 1200 kcal everyday but not the right stuff.
However I'm going back to 100% TS tomorrow! I'm going to have terrible ketosis side effects... Good!! That serves me right! Hopeful I'll STS this week and week 6 will be much better!
Everyone feel free to tell me off! Lol
Emma xx

Aw don't beat yourself up & punish yourself! You've made a decision to get back on TS & that's the important thing, so well done!! Hope the side effects aren't as bad as you're expecting x

Back