Emma's 'New Me' Diary

Went to the gym this morning, but saw ladies waiting for a step class so I thought I would give it a go. The warm up was such hard work. I asked someone if it was an advanced class and they just said no, but instructor is quite fast. Class was full and she never asked if there were any newbie's.
Anyway I gave it my best shot and lasted half hour, just couldn't keep up with the moves and felt this horrible tight pain in my chest! Felt very frustrated with myself.
Guess I just want to run before I can walk!
Appart from that met up with friends for coffee this afternoon which was nice.
Three more shakes till weigh in!!

Day 105

My calfs are killing me today, blumin step class!!!!
Just had my last shake of the day, think next week i'm gonna just have vanilla for breakfast with coffee and all others in chocolate. I look forward to the chocolate one more than the strawberry.
Just realised that today is day 105 on this LT diet!!! Really its gone quite fast. Looking forward to weigh in tomorrow, but don't expect to have lost as much as last week as been peeking at the scales!
Just another 6 weeks left, hope they go fast!!! (42 days). Apparently we only have 12 weeks till christmas! Think i'm gonna have to start getting in some presents next month. Keep a look out for a fabulous christmas dress that shows off my new figure too ;)
Will post the results of my 15th weigh in tomorrow!

Good luck hun x x

Oh, I absolutely LOVE step! I like the really dancy, choreographed routines though that most gyms don't do as they do this Body Step thing that is very rigid in it's tracks and routine. A few years ago I used to do 5 step classes a week at a local leisure centre, but sadly came off my step one day (not concentrating) at the height of a workout and broke my ankle in 2 places, dislocated it and ruptured the tendon :( That was the start of a couple of very bad years for me and the weight gain. Have managed to get back on a step a few times since in a very basic class, just to conquer my fear, but didn't feel comfortable at the weight I am and so have stopped now and hope to return to it once I'm a bit lighter and fitter again :)

Step is super at getting you fit, and yes the moves are very confusing to start with, but if you persevere you will pick them up and they all click into place soon enough. I remember my first ever step class when I was about 19. I didn't have a clue and think I stood still for most of the class! I was just so lost lol.

Anyhow, sorry to prattle on. It's just step is a big love of mine and I miss it sooooo much.

Good luck for weigh in tomorrow and WOW to 105 days. Very well done indeed :) xx

Were any of you guys around in the mid 80's? I used to do high impact aerobics classes a la Jane Fonda before we realised how bad they were....probably helped to wear out my hips! I used to love them and on a Saturday morning used to do a double class wearing, of course, a bright green leotard, matching footless tights and leg-warmers! I absolutely love the buzz that you get from a massive workout or, even better, a days skiing....those were the days:(

Week 15

Oh, I absolutely LOVE step! I like the really dancy, choreographed routines though that most gyms don't do as they do this Body Step thing that is very rigid in it's tracks and routine. A few years ago I used to do 5 step classes a week at a local leisure centre, but sadly came off my step one day (not concentrating) at the height of a workout and broke my ankle in 2 places, dislocated it and ruptured the tendon :( That was the start of a couple of very bad years for me and the weight gain. Have managed to get back on a step a few times since in a very basic class, just to conquer my fear, but didn't feel comfortable at the weight I am and so have stopped now and hope to return to it once I'm a bit lighter and fitter again :)

Step is super at getting you fit, and yes the moves are very confusing to start with, but if you persevere you will pick them up and they all click into place soon enough. I remember my first ever step class when I was about 19. I didn't have a clue and think I stood still for most of the class! I was just so lost lol.

Anyhow, sorry to prattle on. It's just step is a big love of mine and I miss it sooooo much.

Good luck for weigh in tomorrow and WOW to 105 days. Very well done indeed :) xx

I used to enjoy step classes and anything to loud fast music really as it was good to be in a class with others. Felt really fed up on wed that I just couldn't keep up though. It was partly because I didn't know the moves as she was really fast but also because my chest felt very tight.
Hoping to try it again in a few months and that my fitness level will be better.
It won't be long till you're feeling slim enough to get back to that class, keep it up! :)

Were any of you guys around in the mid 80's? I used to do high impact aerobics classes a la Jane Fonda before we realised how bad they were....probably helped to wear out my hips! I used to love them and on a Saturday morning used to do a double class wearing, of course, a bright green leotard, matching footless tights and leg-warmers! I absolutely love the buzz that you get from a massive workout or, even better, a days skiing....those were the days:(

Yeh I remember it all! Leotards and legwarmers! lol I used to go along with my mum. I remember Lionel Blair Aerobics classes too!!!
Think I may try some other classes as it is good fun working out with others and you are being pushed, when you can easily give up in the gym!

Well today is week 15 and I lost 3lbs which i'm very pleased with. My losses each week seem to be steady so thats good. This brings my total loss so far to 4st 3lbs. 26 bags of sugar!!!!
Went swimming this morning, met my bf there. He had almost finished his 50 lengths by the time I got there. Thought I wouldn't be able to do my 36 that I did last week as I would be bored, but I surprised myself, stayed in the pool and did 38! :) Have to work on my technique though as I seem to be swallowing/snorting most of the pool water! lol
I have added a few extra mini goals to my list.
Just 6 weeks left on tfr now, hoping I will be near my goal by then. Aiming for 9 1/2 - 10st and a size 12.

I really hope you get to goal hun.... You really have done a tremendous job.... You are an inspiration, not only in your weight loss, but on your comments as a respected poster x x

Good luck.. You have earned, and deserve, every bit of it x x x

I really hope you get to goal hun.... You really have done a tremendous job.... You are an inspiration, not only in your weight loss, but on your comments as a respected poster x x

Good luck.. You have earned, and deserve, every bit of it x x x

Thankyou, thats very kind x

Yay to 3lb off this week :D

You've done so well, and are very inspiring. Can't wait to see a pic of you in your stunning Christmas dress. You will deserve to feel a million dollars in it after all this hard work :)

xx

Well done. You are doing so well. You must feel fantastic.

well done, love ur diary, always so inspiring and positive xx

Still going 100%!!!!
Got some jeans off ebay today size 12 and they look fab on :)
Went to gym this morning and have started running. I've just gone upto 1 1/2mins run with 1 min walking after to recover, so far so good. Only thing is I had to keep pulling my pants up! lol Guess thats a good thing! ;)
TOTM this week and i've been a little tearful, just hoping its pmt and not the fact that my anti-depressants have been reduced to half! Been 4 weeks now on a lower dose, will wait till next week before I see the dr.
I'm really pleased with my losses so far, but noticing my skin is starting to look a little baggy and seem to have developed more stretch marks around the tops of my legs, guess we can't have everything! lol

That's brilliant Emma......size 10 next?

Well done Emma, congratulations on reaching size 12. I bet you look amazing. I got to size 12 this week my self. I enjoyed so much throwing out all the clothes that are now too big.

well done, was wonderin were u were off too xx

you go girl. x

Wow Charley, your stats are amazing and inspirational! How are you finding the healthy eating? Have you lost your 'old' appetite for naughtiness?

Back