Emma's Slim Fast Diary!

What flavour you going for? I'm thinking vanilla for breakfast tomorrow :)

Have you tried Banana? I don't know if id like it!

I only ever have strawberry! I haven't tried any other flavours, I end to find the one I like and stick to it lol. Might buy a different flavour next time though for a bit of a change. Which would you recommend?

I'm not surprised you wanted a treat after your visit to the hospital, doesnt sound very pleasant!! Hope your results come back ok, will be thinking of you!!

Thanks Rach! I'll get the results in about 4 weeks. Pretty nervous, but at least it's getting sorted now instead of 10-15 years down the line when it could be much, much worse! :)

I'm really struggling to get motivated to do my uni work today :( I have about 6,000 words to write before Friday and I just can't get my head into it. I wrote 1,000 words last night, which was great progress, but I just can't be bothered today. The diet is going totally fine though, so that's a good thing :)

I only ever have strawberry! I haven't tried any other flavours, I end to find the one I like and stick to it lol. Might buy a different flavour next time though for a bit of a change. Which would you recommend?

I really recommend the latte flavour if coffee is your thing, it's the best one i've found - i've got the strawberry, chocolate, vanilla and latte. all are good but latte is the yummiest!

I'm really struggling to get motivated to do my uni work today :( I have about 6,000 words to write before Friday and I just can't get my head into it. I wrote 1,000 words last night, which was great progress, but I just can't be bothered today. The diet is going totally fine though, so that's a good thing :)

Try not to beat yourself up too much - take a break and get some fresh air and try again?

Where abouts in swansea do you live? There was a pub on the marina that i used to go to the did the BEST food. I'm going to google it. it was lovely!

Ahh I don't drink coffee :( Might try the chocolate or vanilla one though! I live pretty close to the city centre, I went down to the marina a few weeks ago for a wander about, it's lovely down there :)

:( thats a shame the coffee one really is lovely! i wish they did more flavours of the powder!

Love the whole of swansea - applied to go there for uni, and Glamorgan...but never ended up going!

It's never too late to go! :) I'm nearly finished my degree now, only 6 weeks left to go! I'm excited, but I'm really going to miss Swansea :(

I love my job too much!! That's why I never made it in the first place earnt too much money in my gap year and moved out instead!!

Ahh fair enough! If you've already got a job you love, it doesn't make sense to get into all that debt for a degree you don't really need lol. I hope I can find a job that I love once I get back home, I'm really starting to worry about not being able to find work :( But I've applied for a postgraduate diploma course to become a mental health nurse, so fingers crossed I'll get onto that. Should find out if I've got an interview in the next few weeks :)

Week 2, Day 4

I sneakily had a mid-week weigh-in today, and it said I've gained 5lbs :O I honestly don't understand this. I've stuck to the meal plan every single day, apart from Tuesday when I had chips from the chippy after a painful hospital investigation. But after that, I got right back on track. I've been exercising pretty much every day, or every other day, and I'm keeping track of all of my calories using MyFitnessPal. Any ideas why this is happening?

This is usually around the time that I get fed up of a diet, and just go back to eating how I used to. But I'm refusing to do that. I need to stick to this. I'm hoping if I up my exercise over the next few days, I might be able to get it down a bit by Monday's weigh-in, but I honestly don't understand why it says I've gained so much in such a short space of time. :(

Dont feel too dishearted! Salt makes you bloated - that could mean a temporary weight loss. Don't give up it's just a minor blip... Drink lots of water and make sure you're not undereating too if you're exercising you'll need to eat more calories!

Are you due on? it might be TOTM bloating?

I know it sounds really odd, but I hopped on the scales again mid-afternoon before going in the shower and I was back down 5lbs, back to the weight I was on Monday! So strange! Monday I was 17st 8, this morning I was 17st 13, and this afternoon I was back to 17st 8! Not complaining though, I just don't understand it! I weighed myself first thing, after my morning wee, so I should have been lighter then! This afternoon I weighed in after a shake, and I was back down to 17st 8! Madness. But I'm so glad I didn't just give up, maybe my scales are just on their way out lol. I might stick to the Wii for my weigh-ins, even though it weighs me 3lb lighter.

I'm so pleased with myself for sticking to a diet for this long. It's only been a week and four days, but that's amazing for me, I usually give up after three or four days! I just can't wait to see what I'll be like in a month or two's time! :D

:wee:woohoo!!! Emma thats great news...maybe it was just your eyes playing tricks? hope your assignment is getting done..;)
If i drank that much pepsi max i would be....hmm....very gassy:yuk:
Well glad the panic is over, your doing great and just a few days till we get week 2 out of the way>this is the longest ive managed to keep to a diet too...so things are looking :character00238:

My eyes are bad, but it definitely said 17st 13! I'm guessing the scales are acting up lol. The assignment is going, but it's not going very fast lol. I shouldn't even be on here now, should be getting on with it, but I'm having a sneaky break. I'll probably be up all night though :(

Week 2, Day 5

Assignment is going quite well, only have around 2,000 words to go now. I ended up staying up till 2am last night, which wasn't too late, but I was so tired, I just had to give up and go to bed. I'm cracking on with it again today, whilst watching the wedding on the TV.

Had my shake for breakfast, and just had a Ski Smooth yoghurt now. They're 118 calories, so a little bit over 100 calories for a snack, but my evening meal won't be bang on 600 calories, so I'm sure it'll be ok. Plus I'll be working out later on, planning to burn just short of 500 calories from 50 minutes of exercise, so I can eat a bit more today. Need to make sure I use all my calories up!

I never thought I'd struggle to eat 1200 calories, but I do find it difficult some days. Especially when I've exercised, I feel greedy if I eat more, but I know it has to be done.

Hope everyone is having a lovely Royal Wedding day! Can't wait to weigh in on Monday now :)

Thanks :) I'm just short of 5,000 words now, and very close to finishing the first draft :) Hoping to get just over 5,000 today, then once I get my feedback on Monday, add the final touches to it and will hopefully be finished it by Wednesday, ready to get it bound and handed in on Friday. It's going to be such a relief to get it finished! Only one more essay now, then four exams in the next six weeks! But... this time in 6 weeks time I'll be on my way back up North! It's so weird to think the three years are almost over, it's totally flown by. The next six weeks are going to go so fast as well.

I'm starving now though, what to have for tea? Hmm...

Back