Emma's Slimming World mission!

Happy Saturday :) I'm spending today cleaning, though I think I shall head to the library and get some books out, and hopefully another SW cookbook. Not that I made many recipes from the Friends & Family one but I might find a nice cookbook.

Today is another red day, I'm loving chicken at the moment. I don't like doing EE much as I like having the extra healthy extras that you get with red & green.

B: Bran flakes (I'm out of Weetabix!) and ss milk, hex a and b. Vanilla mullerlight.
L: 2 slices of wholemeal bread, grilled chicken and salad sandwich.
D: something with chicken breasts, but I have no idea what yet. Going to have a look around the recipe forums and see and I shall update later with the yumminess I find. < We ended up with garlicy cheesy chicken breasts (hex a for the mozzarella) with SW chips (2 syns seeing as it's a red day) and a big salad. It was delicious and felt like a proper treat!

Syns: pack of Quavers (5.5 syns), fruit lollipop (1.5 syns)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Last edited:
Last night was really tough - I suddenly really REALLY wanted some cake or something chocolatey, and OH said that we could get Dominos if I wanted to (they do this amazing chocolate melt pudding). I thought it over for a good hour or so, before deciding that it just wasn't worth it. I've been doing so well and this is the longest I've stuck with a 'diet' (though I honestly don't believe SW is like a diet in the slightest) so I had a toffee Mullerlight instead. Where's my medal? :D

Today's menu - red day, again. Now that i've started having red days I haven't gone back to green! It's a bit difficult to get used to having to syn rice and potatoes - I never know what to have with the meat I have at dinner :S

Breakfast: Toast (hex b) and a scraping of margarine/spread - 2 tsps, 2 syns
Lunch: Grilled chicken on wholemeal bread (hex b) with lettuce and cucumber. No butter or anything :)
Dinner: Prawn stir fry with rice (2 syns) and lots of veggies.
Snacks: mullerlights! I am addicted to them :) Quaves (5.5 syns)
Lots of tea (with hex a milk)

It's going well, and I am very proud of myself and OH (who has sneaked a peak at the scales before Tuesday and has lost a stone! Hopefully that'll be me on Tuesday too :))

Lovely bank holiday today, we went into town to do some shopping and I was so close to going to Pizza Hut - I am really craving a cheesy, tomatoey pizza recently. OH actually asked if I was pregnant last night! It's just the diet taking it's toll, haha :D

B: bran flakes and ss milk (hex a)
L: I resisted the Pizza Hut! :D wholemeal bun (hex b) and veggie burger (0.5 syns) with some ketchup (1 syn) and loads of salad. Mmm.
D: repeat of last night's extremely delicious Chinesey rice (2 syns) with sesame oil (6 syns!) and chicken and Chinese five spice. That's a lot of syns for the oil, especially as it's 1 tablespoon but it's so worth it.
Snacks shall be mullerlights later, think I've used enough syns on food! Weigh in day tomorrow as well so hopefully I'll have done ok.

Thank you! :)

Woo, I lost another 2lb! Bringing my total loss this month to 12lb, not bad. Still haven't got to that stone yet but that doesn't matter. My clothes are fitting better already and I don't dread looking in the mirror quite so much. :)

Red day today.

B: Toast with wholemeal bread (hex b) and 1 tsp of Flora Buttery (1.5 syns)
L: wholemeal bun (hex b) with veggie burger (0.5 syns), salad and a squirt of ketchup (1 syn)
D: Something with chicken, seeing as we have 2 chicken breasts left. It'll be cooked in fry light, I'm done with the sesame oil for now! Far too many sums so I think I'll stick to that as a treat on weekends for something Chinesey. Going to look through the forums and hopefully find something syn free.

Snacks: muller lights! They are just the best snack ever, I love them :)
Drinks: Tea with hex a ss milk, fruit salad sqaush.

Last edited:
Wow well done on the loss :D I'm thinking of trying Slimming World but I haven't got the time or money to join the classes really /-:

goodbyeflab said:
Wow well done on the loss :D I'm thinking of trying Slimming World but I haven't got the time or money to join the classes really /-:

Oh, I don't go to class - I'm a student and apart from being really busy with studying I'm also very skint! I bought the starter pack of books from eBay for like £15 and I use that and this forum, it's brilliant. I thought id find it hard to stick to because I'm doing it at home but it's been brilliant. Kicking myself that I didn't try it earlier!

Are you following a diet right now?

Ooooh we're going to the cinema tonight to see the Inbetweeners movie! In over 2 years of dating the boyfriend and I have never been to the cinema, so this is a first :D I really want some popcorn, and yknow what...I'm just going to have some. But I'm not going to go crazy. Gotta have some treats after all, and I'm starting Zumba tomorrow so it's all good :)

Oh, I don't go to class - I'm a student and apart from being really busy with studying I'm also very skint! I bought the starter pack of books from eBay for like £15 and I use that and this forum, it's brilliant. I thought id find it hard to stick to because I'm doing it at home but it's been brilliant. Kicking myself that I didn't try it earlier!

Are you following a diet right now?

I might get myself a book and try to get my head around it :) I am just CCing at the moment but I am becoming a bit obsessive looking at every inch of a calorie to be honest and I'm finding myself thinking about food 24/7, which then triggers my hunger even more! I think I need a diet where I can eat sensibly and not worry about every single calorie and I think Slimming World is perfect for me.

Ooooh we're going to the cinema tonight to see the Inbetweeners movie! In over 2 years of dating the boyfriend and I have never been to the cinema, so this is a first :D I really want some popcorn, and yknow what...I'm just going to have some. But I'm not going to go crazy. Gotta have some treats after all, and I'm starting Zumba tomorrow so it's all good :)

Some popcorn won't harm you, you deserve a little treat! I've been doing Zumba every Friday for a while now and I love it!!!

goodbyeflab said:
I might get myself a book and try to get my head around it :) I am just CCing at the moment but I am becoming a bit obsessive looking at every inch of a calorie to be honest and I'm finding myself thinking about food 24/7, which then triggers my hunger even more! I think I need a diet where I can eat sensibly and not worry about every single calorie and I think Slimming World is perfect for me.

I tried using My Fitness Pal before joining SW, it was making me miserable and I think I was eating far too much crap - just fairly low in calorie crap...I didn't touch fruit or veg and now that I eat so much of it and it fills me up I think that's what has helped me lose weight. If you can get the books, give it a try :) you can always sell the books on if you don't like it - they're always in demand on eBay and my book came with the previous owner's weigh ins at the back and everything!

Ok so we ended up not going to the cinema as the boyfriend had to work, so we're going to go tomorrow night hopefully - though I have an MRI scan at 7pm so not sure yet. We did however order a Dominos, agh! It was one of their new 'gourmet' pizzas with 'gourmet' garlic bread and a chocolate melt pudding (I could eat about 50 of those in one go)

It was nice, but definitely not worth it and not the treat that I thought it was going to be. I think SW has changed my tastes, the pizza was far too oily and cheesy for me. I'll be syn free for today and then 5 syns a day for the next few days to make up for it!

Going back to EE today as I'm sick of synning rice and pasta and potatoes when I can't really think of anything to have with my main meal apart from those.

So today:

B: bran flakes with ss milk (hex a and b)
L: pasta with broccoli (loads of broccoli, i bloody love the stuff) and tomato sauce (homemade with passata)
D: grilled paprika chicken with roasted veg and rice.
Snacks and drinks: mullerlights, strawberries. Tea to use up the rest of my hex a and good old low cal fruit salad squash.

I tried using My Fitness Pal before joining SW, it was making me miserable and I think I was eating far too much crap - just fairly low in calorie crap...I didn't touch fruit or veg and now that I eat so much of it and it fills me up I think that's what has helped me lose weight. If you can get the books, give it a try :) you can always sell the books on if you don't like it - they're always in demand on eBay and my book came with the previous owner's weigh ins at the back and everything!

I am using MFP at the moment, I think I going to try SW soon. I am getting good results off CCing but I just don't feel happy and having lack of energy is just bringing me down.

The Dominos has made me ill, today has not been a brilliant day - if I haven't been on the toilet then I've been sleeping. Oh dear.

Oh no!!!

At least that's one thing u won't be having again in a hurry!!!

In the past when I have cut fats out (like slimming world) and I then have something ott I feel ill...it's like I have to work back up to my baby being able to take that much!!

Yr right tho, it will have been the cheese!!
Hope you feel better soon x

No, definitely not worth it, I feel awful! I'm all for having treats and not beating myself up about it but this was different. My delicate stomach! I didn't manage to have anything that I wrote about a few posts back, I've had some dry toast and now I'm going to attempt some grilled chicken and broccoli. Stupid stupid Dominos!

Thank you! It's not too bad, like I said I was expecting about an 8lb gain and to undo all my hard work so it's all good :)

Plan for today:

Extra easy

B: 2 Weetabix (hex b) and 100ml milk (hex a), activia syn free yoghurt.
L: mugshot (not sure of the flavour, even though I've just finished eating it! It's syn free though), an orange
D: prawn and vegetable pilaf (from slimming eats here: Prawn and Vegetable Pilaf | Slimming Eats - Slimming World Recipes) 1

Snacks: flying saucers (3 syns), a 'sherbit' (it was a tiny little sweet! Can't find anything about it so I'm gonna go with 2 syns) and maybe a double lolly (2.5 syns) - really need the sugar rush today!
Drinks: lots of low cal fruit salad squash and possibly some tea to use up the rest of my milk.

Walked about 2 miles today going into town to return some library books. Wasn't planning on getting any books out but found a SW recipe book! It looks like it was published in the 80s but apparently its from 2004. It's the Slimming World food with family & friends one, looks like it has some brilliant recipes so I'll be making some new things soon - I'm excited! :)

Just to let you know that flying saucers are 1 syn for 4, yes 4 sweets. It was in this months magazine x x:eek:

Duffs said:
Just to let you know that flying saucers are 1 syn for 4, yes 4 sweets. It was in this months magazine x x:eek:

Really?! Blimey. Doubt I'll be buying them again then!

Back