em's new start

day off work today my last tuesday off as my shifts change next week no more all over the place shifts 8.30 till 4.00 everyday alot better for me and my kids the only time i will have to change it will be for cover which im liking very much :).......... as for the diet well all good again, today ordered my next lot of shakes i dont run out till saturday but with work im not sure if they deliver on a saturday and i need someone in to sign for them so as my oldest is home from college tomorrow it was a good idea to order them today i love the next day delivery on this :) ........... im sticking to the shakes i do have some tesco bars to nibble on if i want something different i have broken one up into 8 pieces and have a peice some times in the evening if i fancy something, the soups just made me gag on the cambridge diet so just not bothered with them this time round .......... lots of people have asked me if i missing chewing something i didnt really think about till i was asked and then asked again, i dont really know if i do yet i do have a nibble on a tesco bar like i said but that has only been twice since on this diet i still have 6 pieces left of my first bar so thats not to chew thats just to have something if you get what i mean i will ask myself the same question in a few weeks i must be really lazy if im finding it easier not to chew lol :D.................... still holding off the scales till friday i think im doing it more now as im scared that i wont of lost anymore and that will make me think why bother i know i will lose on this diet when im good but for some reason i keep thinking i wont lose this week even though i have been good??? all the other diets i have done i lose one week then not the next etc its a every other week weight loss which is why i would never stick to them for more than a couple of months i hoping to stay a bit more motivated on this................. hope the rest of you are good will have a little look at some more diaries now

Just read your diary, you are doing so well. I only started today so hoping i can have as much will power as you x

thanks lisa and dont worry you will be fine :)......................... well another day done i have 2 friends at work now on this diet both from our fat club at work which we were all rubish at before and never took seriously for more than 2 weeks even though we were putting in a quid a week to get weighed i think there was about £70.00 in the pot before it was stollen and we all still weighed the same at the end lol yep like i said rubbish and we didnt even get a meal out of it as the money was gone :( ..................... so im nearly 2 weeks on an they are on day 3 bless them they will be ok its nice to have the same support at work as well as at home so we can hopefully encourage each other to stay away from the biscuit tin :)...................... its my last full day tomorrow before my next wi the day i dont have to think about staying stronge cause the last thing i would want to do is fail the day before, this being said the hardest day is the day after as i have a whole week to get it off again lol........... well thats my lot for today hope your all doing ok

hi emma to be honest compared to any diet i find doing this kind the easiest its the same as when i did cambridge but just differnt flavour shakes ...... i have done all the diets trust me but they are only ok for me if ther is about a stone to lose anymore and my will power slips i guess its cause the weight loss is so slow with the others......... taking food out completely makes it easier as strange as that sounds its easier for me to not have than have just a little i need to sort that out in my head this time when i get to my goal i dont mind cutting down for a few weeks to lose a few pounds but any longer than that i go off the rails i did this for 3 years last time i lost 4 stone but this year just i went mad like i said when i started this diary and i gained 2 stone hence me jumping on this diet not wanting to gain back all i lost back then....... i dont want to have to keep going back though i want to just maintain within my limit after this time but i am trying to lose a bit more this time too so maybe that will help i will worry all about that when i get there lol :)

I know exactly what you mean with VLCD's being easier to do Em! I'm the same as you where I find if there is no food involved then I stay away from it completely, where as when I was doing SW I would constantly have blow outs because you are allowed so much of everything (within your syn limit) and sometimes I just couldn't help myself and I wouldn't stop! x

what time am i up silly o clock but husband woke me leaving for work and the first the thing i think of not food, wi day ....................................... so here it is another 3lb off woo hooo back in my 12's i can smell the 11,s not too far in the future and let me tell you it smells better than a gregs sausage roll :D:D

Ah well done chick, that's fab! I also got back in my 12's this week and desperate for the 11's but not had a very good week :( Your diary is motivating me to get back on that wagon and just get on with it... you're right things are so much easier when food is out of the equation but i've just had no self restraint this week!

well home sweet home for the weekend had to sit through a leaving lunch today wasnt that bad had my balck coffee and chatted away to all the staff....... it was the nice stuff that would normaly have me picking away without realising how much i have had so it showed me one of my faults i looking at it as a learning curve i dont need to munch away on that kind of thing to extremes cause its there....... tomorrow is the leaving meal strange to think i will be eating something small for the first time in 2 weeks i just need to stay in control and be back to ts for sunday fingers crossed i can do this, im focused at the moment so hopefully it will all go well will let you know sunday night :)

Well done for sitting through it! When I did CD, on my 5th day I had to sit through my fiance's cricket presentation meal, and it was a full on roast dinner, all the trimmings laid out in dishes for you to take as much as you wanted. OMG! That was hard but I did it with bottled water and felt so good for managing to do it.

Enjoy your meal tomorrow, don't feel guilty as you are still in control and are straight back on TS on Sunday. Savour every mouthful lol x x x

so the morning after is here....... what a night i was good when it came to my meal chicken salad 490 cals, which was lovely now comes the second bit 6 double vodkas and coke whoops a little past my max of 2 i was asking for diet coke but i couldnt tell you if thats what i got in the pubs as it was so loud with the music i did dance my arse off for at least 3 hrs of the night so think i should of burnt some of that off i dont want to think how many cals where in that lot ...................... i dont feel guilty im not going to jump on the scales until friday to see what damage i have done i dont want to feel bad it should balance out as long as im good for the rest off the week i had a great night......................... back to ts today slight headache/ hangover so lots of water for me today lets hope i dont have the hunger pains come back for the next few days

so far so good no hunger pains... cooked the family dinner cleaned the house all sorted for my parents to come round and eat in a little while and the headache has gone so im happy........... time to chill for a little i have had 2 shakes today so one more to go all is good after my liitle treat last night :)

I don't think you should feel guilty at all Em, you went for the better options and didn't go completely off the wagon, I think you done really well! The way I look at it is that sometimes life gets in the way a bit and rather then think 'sod it, it's only one night' and go completely mad, we should allow ourselves those little treats as long as we make those healthy options, as you did. So many times have just let myself have a night off when doing SW thinking that one night wont hurt, but it did! Still have some food and drink but within reason :) Well done xxx

How's it going? did you manage the party with out cake? I'm glad mine are all grown up...although there have been some moans about cooking for themselves!!!! I just don't think I could at the moment...day three and am hoping ketosis kicks in soon..getting used to the odd empty feeling though...thought I was brave with three kids...four....go girl xxx

Sounds like you had a good night! We're only human and at the end of the day as much as we want to lose weight we can't give up our lives, the odd night out here and there is good for you and as long as you get straight back on the diet there's no harm done :) x

im still here thanks for the messages girls......... i didnt get on yesterday as busy stressfull day at work then i get home to a basket over flowing with washing and i only cleared it saturday guess the girls cleaned there bedroom at last but my god i swear they just put their clean washing back in the wash arhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........ so im still going stronge straight back on the diet sunday after my night out not had any problems going back either i think that might be the trick to not failing if i allow my self a night off once a month not the alcohol bit but a really nice meal, my stomach has shrunk already so cant eat as much in one sitting as i used to that chicken salad bloated me yes i will say it again a chicken salad bloated me unbelievable................ so im planning my next treat now a meal out with my hubby in 4 weeks time i will do the same just a meal might even go back to the same place but counting down to that will make the weeks fly by on my diet too something to look forward to :).................. i have managed to sit through 2 takeaways a lunch at work a birthday party and reps bringing in goodies for lunch in just under 3 weeks and not touched a bite, im chuffed to bits lets hope i can still do it when i get to goal ................. the only thing that has made me a bit mad is i have had a few people saying that the goal weight i want to get to is too low and i will look horrible !!!!! whats that about have they ever seen me at that weight no 2 stone heavier so how would they know what im going to look like do they really think im going through this to look horrible at the end of it ?????? if i get to size i like and its above my goal do they really think i would continue urmmmmm no its almost like they want you to stay bigger to feel better about themselves..... ok so thats my rant over with im sure some of you have had the same comments so know what i mean ........................ well i will leave it here for now i going to check out your diaries now seee how your all doing :)

Don't listen to those people Em, like you said you wouldn't keep dropping weight if you were happy before you got to your goal, and your goal is the same as mine and yet I've got double the amount of weight to lose then you have and I would just tell those people that I will stop losing weight once Im happy regardless of the goal! And 9st is a realistic weight to be at, its not like your goal is 7st or something very low!

Well done with getting straight back on track :party0049:

after i done ll in 2009 i went from 13st 5lbs to 8st 6lbs in 17 weeks and i was getting colleagues, friends and even family members telling me i looked disgusting, nothing to be proud of... etc. broke my heart coz i was pleased with my achievement. the result was i spent jan 2010 binging so they wouldnt say i had an eating disorder. i had to gain weight and fast. now in hindsight looking back at photos i DID look ill and DID look disgusting. i had no glycogen though... i was assured if i done the refeed properly my glycogen would have came back slowly and redistibuted, so my face wouldnt be as hollow. my target maintaining weight is 9st 3lbs but im going 5-7lbs more so i can regain my glycogen.

i only recently found out that they thought i was anorexic, they seen the sachets but thought it had produced anorexia in me. ive always loved eating but now hate the feeling of food in my stomach as i now compare that to binging. im working so hard to break that cycle but nearly two years since, i still struggle daily. do what you want, its your body and a lot of the time its jealousy. sorry for rambling on, i just hate how a few comments that they prob wont think about again can really affect us... take care xx

Oh Carrie how awful for you - some people really just don't think before they speak! Regardless of how much you weigh, it's about feeling happy with yourself, whether that be 9stone or 19 stone it's nobody else business! At least now you recognise that you made a mistake with the refeed and that you can tackle it again this time knowing what you know now, i think all of us to an extent have some issue or other with food, or we'd all be perfect size 10's with no need to diet in the first place xx

i think all of us to an extent have some issue or other with food, or we'd all be perfect size 10's with no need to diet in the first place xx

Very true! I believe I do have an eating disorder in some sense, because I could never stop thinking about eating and what food to eat next and if I didn't have what I wanted I would generally feel down and low about it. How bad is that?

Well done for staying strong Carrie and fighting your demons, we all have them, your not on your own, big thumbs up x x x

Back