em's new start

thanks girls i was sure i wasnt the only one that had that comment said to them the reason im going lower this time is because i want to and i know i will always gain a bit lose a bit so the weight i have chosen to get to is within a stone above as thats what im seem to vary through the year up in the winter down in the summer if i could stay the same weight it wouldnt be a problem lol ........................... i have had a good day today busy but good mum made the family dinner which was nice saved me a job dont you just love your mums :) not that i mind cooking anymore i seem to be passed that im like a robot cook it, serve it up then wash up ....................... wow i am freezing tonight heating on am still sitting here with my pj,s on and a hoody with big fluffy booty slippers what a sight lol .................. well im going to get big glass of water as not had much today take a sena then chill out for the evening might make that glass of water a warm one :)...............hope you have all had a good day xx

week 3 wi another 2lbs gone not great but i did have my night out so im not moaning its another 2lb gone roll on next week......... i have nothing planned for this wekend so just going to chill out............... i have monday off to decorate the garden with the kids for halloween 4 pumpkins to carve so that will be busy enough without the getting up every 2 mins to answer the door in the evening lol......... hot bath tonight i think then will see whats on tv mark is out tonight so quiet night for me

arhhhhhhhhhhhhh why am i finding it so hard tonight........................... im not hungry but im thinking of food all the time any food aswell not just one sort of thing is it that 3 week thing on a diet or am i just going crazy.............. i ate and had alcohol last week and only had a loss of 2lbs this week so i know i would be really pissed off to only lose that again next week just cause im feeling like this why does food play such a big part of your life its madness .......................... i cant keep thinking like this this will be why i put it back on after i get to my goal the sitting in front of the tv picking at bloody crappy food arhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ..................... sorry guys im sure you dont need ranting on like this its just so frustrating :(

im glad to say im feeling better tonight even though i dont get the totm anymore i think the hormones still kick in when it should happen as i still get the few spots on the face and the munchies lol im glad i stayed stronge and didnt raid the fridge eating everything in sight as thats how i felt last night................. been busy again today got some more tiles for the bathroom so mark is busy making lots of noise upstairs while im just chilling on the sofa im supprised he can do anything after the state he came in last night with his cousin i didnt get to bed till 3am at least they had a good night lol.......................... so just finished my last shake for the day getting another glass of water getting on my pj's and snuggling up under a blanket for the evening, extra hour in bed tomorrow dont think my younger ones will realise that though :)............ hope your all having a good weekend xx

Well done for staying strong Em, we all need a rant from time to time!

And well done on your 2lb loss, like you said its still 2lb off and you had a meal and drinks through the week too, pretty good going!

I've told myself that when I step on the scales each week and see a number that I would be happy with at Slimming World, then I will be happy with it on Exante, coz I don't want to set my sights too high and feel disappointed if its a small loss, a loss is a loss at the end of the day! x

back in the zone today i think what really helped was a frind i havent seen in a few months came round last night as said are you losing weight again she noticed it already it made me so happy people that see you every day wouldn't really notice at the moment but she did happy happy happy that and im back in my size 14 jeans without there being an overhang little things than can boost you on i guess............. my husband said to me i tell you that you look amazing every day and your never this happy, bless him i should give him some credit he does tell me that all the time but he has said that to me if i weighed 15 1/2 stone or 11 1/2 stone so it doesnt count, he is a darling though even if i dont tell him too much lol......................... so cooking the family dinner is next on the plan today followed by hot bath and snuggles with my husband on the sofa time to show him i do love him really :)....... have a good day all xx

Aww bless you Em, he sounds like a diamond.

Cooking for the family, me too, how we still manage to stay on track and not nibble is beyond me lol. I'm going to keep myself busy with housework whilst the food is being cooked and eaten. And then treat myself to long hot soak too :) x

happy halloween everyone, busy busy day for me 4 pumpkins to de seed and carve, decorate the garden with tomb stones bones, legs and arms (yes my garden becomes a grave yard on halloween), get the kids dressed up then from 6 to about 9 tonight up and down every 5 mins to answer the door the last thing on my mind today will be food i think lol............. feeling good today count down now to my 4th week wi fingers and toes crossed it will be a good one for me as last week wasnt so good but i am only 2lb short of my first stone so i am still on track really.............. well have a spooky day all xxx

Happy Halloween! When's your weigh day? Mine's tomorrow for my 4th week, the jury's out still it's been a mixed week!

That's fab that you dress up the front of your house! My house backs onto a cemetary which is creepy enoughf or me on halloween!! I'm dressing my 3 year old up and letting him answer the door, not sure how many he'll get through as he likes to take himself to bed at 6pm!

I saw your post on Sherrie's diary, i'm from Aldershot too! Lucky us eh?! ;) x

Happy Halloween Em and Steph!

Focus on the tricks and stay away from the treats lol x

well another day done almost 3 shakes down just the evening to get through lots of water :) no treats for me last night im happy to say but i was exhausted by the time i had packed the garden up i was in bed by 9 i just seem to use up my energy reserves so quickly these days.................... small world steph us both living in aldershot i dont know about being lucky at the moment though the way its going lol.................. so wi friday im counting it down day by day hard to believe its been 4 weeks nearly heres hoping the next 4 weeks go just as quickly :)

I've got a feeling your going to have a really good loss this week Em, looking forward to Friday to find out :) x

thanks i hope so fingers crossed....... i avoided going to the cinema tonight really wanted to see the film really didnt want to be sat around lots of people eating its something i choose not to do because of food again dont think its the right way to be thinking avoiding rather than just saying no.... i have had to sit through so many goodies this last 4 week i really just couldnt sit through another :( ....... im struggling with my morning shake at the moment aswell the other morning and this morning i actually gagged when drinking it, i had to force it down me its only the mornings when i have work maybe its because its so early and i never used to eat breakfast before at the weekends i dont struggle but then again i dont have it till later ,,,,, i would take it in to work with me but im so busy in the morning i know i wouldnt get my first shake in till lunch and i think that will make me feel ill hopefully it will pass ................ one more full day tomorrow till wi friday day by day for me at the moment im sure i will feel good again after wi lets hope so ..........night all xxx

Im confident you will have a good loss at WI this week Em, you've done so well! You've actually been a huge part of my own journey as I feel your quite laid back about the diet but with still enough discipline to keep you going, for instance you went out and had a really good time last week with still a loss and carried on. Your not saying to yourself 'under absolutely no circumstances will I eat food as thats cheating' for me thats not a good message but thats what a lot of people think. I suppose for me its a case of if Im told no then I want it more, but if Im given the choice and Im left in charge then I will make the right decisions for me and stay in control. Does that make sense???

Get yourself to that cinema next wed Em for the good old 241 and enjoy it!!! x x x

week 4 wi another 3lbs im happy i was hoping for a 4lb this week though oh well at least its going in the right direction 3lb a week is more than i can lose on any other diet..... so its supposed to be aam week this week but as im going out with my husband for a meal in 2 weeks im not going to have it i will have something to eat tonight though as i really fancy a chiken kebab its not to far off track chicken breast which is cooked on the grill and salad i wont eat the bread then back on ts tomorrow mmmmmmmmmmmmm im really looking forward to it THATS THE KEBAB NOT THE TS LOL :) i will catch up with all your diarys later as i was in so late last night and up again so early this morning but i finish at 3.30 today happy days xxxx

Last edited:
Well done Em! Thats over a stone now!

Enjoy your chicken shish tonight :) I think you will definitely stay in ketosis, its the only the marinade that would be of any harm but I think it will be fine! x

just finished my chicken kebab and it was lovely couldnt eat it all but that just shows how much my eating has changed i used to be able to eat it all with chips and all i had was the kebab tonight which i couldnt finish so thats a good thing............... i dont feel bad either i really enjoyed it and it will keep me going for the next few weeks on ts again this works for me im not saying it does for everyone but i find it easier to have one night of every 2 to 3 weeks instead of a complete aam week dont know it it makes a difference in my loss but as long as im losing i will be happy guess i will see in 4 weeks time when i look at the 8 week loss but until then im cracking on with it back to ts tomorrow :)

Last edited:
well its the start of a whole new day and back on ts woooo hooooo lol actually im feeling good had my blow out last night which i really needed trust me i was desperate ;) im not hungry yet but will let you know if that stays the same fingers crossed im ok...... when i used to have a huge meal before starting this diet i would wake up starving how does that work the more yu eat the more hungry you get lol...... anyway as i said im not hungry just had my first shake and feel the same as i usually do............. so firework night we are doing some at home with the little ones my mum and dad will be coming round so i think i will whip up a couple of currys to feed them all who knows how many i will get come round friends just tend to pop in round mine whenever so must make enough to feed the five thousand just in case :).................. might get on again later but if not have a great night all xxxx

sunday again why do fridays take so long to come round and sundays come in a blink .......... no problems going back to ts so far infact the opposite was so busy cooking food for the whole family and friends then sat down with them while they ate i forgot to have my third shake again thats twice i have done that since doing this diet.............. i felt a bit funny when i woke up this morning a bit dizzy didnt know why till i remembered i didnt have my last one last night so had one straight away with a coffee made me feel alot better i cant do that again it wont do me any favours at all ................. cooking for the family again today and finishing the washing so that should keep me busy for the next few hours...................... hope your all ok xxxx

Just caught up on your diary after a ruuuuubbish weekend, not been able to get time to post. 3lb's is fab, a stone in a month is brilliant! Glad you enjoyed your little treat the other night and have gotten back on track so easily, that's what makes the difference i think to doing this long term to goal - not feeling deprived. Don't forget your shakes though Mrs, slapped wrist ;) xxx

Back