Em's weightloss journey 2013 - Here we go again!!

Had a sneaky peak at the scales this morning and I am down 3lbs already! Mondays weigh in was probably so bad due to all the food consumed over the weekend. So 4.5lbs gain over 2 weeks doesn't sound quite so bad, lol.

I'm doing good, think I'm back in the right head space again which makes it so much easier. I've been within my calories everyday and I've not been tempted to pig out on naughty food. So so far so good :) My best weight loss in one week has been 5lbs, so if I could match that this week that would be fab, then I haven't done too much damage. :)

Keep up the good work, put the blow outs behind ya we all need to have them now and again we just have to keep the motivation to get back to being good again which you are doing you will lose those few extra lbs just like that :)

Thank you madmuppet :)

So weighed in this morning and I lost 2lbs last week. :) Which is good. It would have been more but I messed up a bit this weekend, which is entirely my own fault. Oopsy, lol. Hoping for more this week though :)

I also have a new target date. I'm going on holiday with my family to Malta for a week on the 22nd October. So I would love to be at my goal weigh by then. That is about 15 weeks away, so it should be do-able. And I might even find I can lose a bit more as well. Once I reach 10stone I will see how I feel, but I'm thinking maybe to go down to 9 and a half, which might be do-able in that time as well. We shall see. But I would LOVE to be able to buy a nice bikini and feel completely comfortable in it on the holiday. That would just be so fab! :D

Here's to a fab weight loss week everyone! :D

Last edited:
basically , you have to decide how much you want to lose the weight and how much effort you are willing to invest in your efforts to do so... if you're happy to faff about then that's fine, if you're happy to grit your teeth and go for it to the bitter end that's fine too... just do it how you want and then ultimately the only difference will be how long it takes you ... well done on the -2lbs! good start on tackling the gain x

1.5lbs off for me this week. Which is all in the right direction. It could have been more but I had a couple of little blips during the week. A aiming for a 100% week this week to see if I can get myself back under 11st again, so I need a loss of 2lbs or more.

I think the problem is is that I don't really feel like I'm achieving anything at the moment with the weight I am losing, because I WAS down to 10st 12. So until I get back to 10st 12 again I will just feel like I'm going over old ground. Once I get under 10st 12, any loss will feel great whether its 0.5lb or 2lbs. Because then I will know that I am the lightest I have been in years.

Mon to Weds is usually ok while I am at work, but then Thurs to Sun is always a test when I'm sat at home bored and trying to make myself study. Then the little food devil seems to be sat on my shoulder the whole time, lol. Plus it doesnt help when my hubby goes out for McDonalds almost every day for lunch. He asked if I wanted him to get me anything last week and I said no. Then he came back with chicken selects and cheese bites!!!! Grrrrr. Not the worst things for him to bring me, but still used up most of my calories for the day. And as a result dinner wasn't very exciting, mainly vegetables, lol.

Here is to a 100% week :D

Aw, it's tough when you're faced with temptation like that; bless em, they think they're being nice by bringing you sometime tasty.

Maybe try going out to study? The library or a coffee shop or something? Even the park if it's a nice day. The less you're in the house and bored the less likely it is you'll snack.

Best wishes

Thank you Pink, great idea, I think I might give the library thing a try! Coffee shop might be a bad idea though, lol, im rubbish at avoiding temptation.

Yeh but when that temptation is like £5 it makes it a little easier! ahaa!

Ok, I have persuaded myself to pluck up the courage to put some photos up from my Mums 50th Birthday the other day. In them is me, my sister, my brother and my mum and dad.

Hopefully the photos will work, lol. :)

Attachments

• Party1.jpg
    Party1.jpg
    387.7 KB · Views: 22
  • Party2.jpg
    Party2.jpg
    319.8 KB · Views: 23
  • Party3.jpg
    Party3.jpg
    393.4 KB · Views: 59
  • Party4.jpg
    Party4.jpg
    310 KB · Views: 18
Weigh day today and I'm pretty fed up :( I have STS this week, and I have no idea why. Had a sneaky peek at the scales on Thursday and I had lost 2.5lbs so I was really happy and excited that I was well on track and that if I stuck to it over the weekend then I would be likely to get under 11st again. So then getting on the scales this morning my heart just absolutely sank. I just feel like its another week wasted. And I was completely 100%. So I'm gutted.

I'm not going to let it put me off, and I'm going to try and be even better this week (if that is possible!), but I am just really dissapointed. :(

You look lovely in those piks! Lush dress too!

Sorry about the sts, but that means that it'll all just come off next week! We retain water and weird stuff like that, so I'm sure it'll be fabulous on your next WI!
Don't give up hope, it'll all be worth it in the end!

Don't let the sts put you off, it just means this week will be a real belter! Don't scale hop, you are guaranteed to be disappointed if you do! You look fantastic and as you get lighter it does get tougher to shift those last few stubborn pounds... so... stay focused and positive and you will be there before you know it!! :eek:) well done for not letting a fluctuation spoil all your hard work!

2lbs off for me this week, which I'm pleased with. I wouldn't say I was 100% this week but maybe about 90%. Hopefully I will be able to get back into the 10stones again next week. If I can lose 2lbs then I will be back to the lightest I have been which was just before my birthday. :D

YAY! Congrats!
In the 10s will be amazing, I'm sure you'll get there soon!
Best wishes.

Congrats Emily. We got the almost the same score this week. It's a 3-lb loss for me. It's good to know that all our hard work is being paid off by good numbers. I just love the new me and I know you do too. Good luck on the following weeks.

Hi em. Glad to hear that you are doing well, lost 2 pounds this week and is almost in the 10s. You will get there next week!

I haven't been posting for weeks as I haven't really been on sw. I also went away to New York - which was great! Good art galleries, and good food too, and luckily I haven't gained much. Weighed myself this morning, not disastrous considering what I've been eating. I'd better make myself eat more healthily, and work towards being under 140.

Good luck with weight loss, and you look well in the photos :)

Oopsy. Had a mega bad week last week, lol. Which resulted in a 2.5lb gain. Was so close to the 10stones again and I blew it, lol. The reason for this blip was my mum and brother came to stay and change in routine always throws me off dieting. I wasn't really really bad, but I wasn't counting calories and I ate more carbs/bread than normal. So I'm not sure that it is a genuine 2.5lb gain, but its a bit of a bummer.

Anyways, I am well and truly back on track again now as of Monday and even more motivated. I have a holiday planned at the end of September so I'm really pushing towards reaching my goal by then :)

WAHOOOOOOO!!!!!! :party0011::woohoo::bunnydance::bliss:

I'm finally back in the zone and super happy about it. I lost 5.5lbs this week, which is a record for me, so I've got a big grin on my face :D

The scales read 10st 7/8th lb, this morning so I rounded up to 10st 11lbs. I'm under 11stone again :D :D :D And I am determined not to go back above 11st again. Only downwards from here. 11lbs to go until my first target, and i have just over 6 weeks till my holiday. So I am determined to get there. 5.5lbs a week would be amazing, lol, but I know it is impossible. And I expect I will probably have a STS this week.

Onwards and downwards!! Have a fab week everyone :D

Another 2.5lbs off this week :D Yay! :D

This week felt really long for some reason. I don't know if its because I'm looking forward to my holiday so much. I haven't had any proper time off work since November last year, so I am dying for a holiday. And hopefully if my losses continue I will be at my first goal weight of 10stone by then. Just under 6 weeks to go. :D

I need to clear my signature a bit because it keeps saying I've reached my limit, so I am going to post my losses to date in this post to make space and so I can look back at them still.

I also need to make some new Mini goals because......I have achieved all the ones I set so far!!!! YAY :D I'm so excited that I'm finally getting so close :D Now I need to start working on toning up. Urgh, that means exercise, lol. :eek:

Weight loss to date:
Week 1-8: -2lbs,STS,-2lbs,+1lbs,-5lbs,STS,-2lbs,-2lbs
Week 9-16: -1.5lbs,-2.5lbs,-2lbs,-0.5lbs,STS,-1lb,+7.5lbs

Old Mini goals:
:checkmark green: Lose 1/2 stone (11st 10.5lbs) - (11/04/11)
:checkmark green: Get back to 11st 6lbs - (02/05/11)
:checkmark green: Lose 1 stone (11st 3.5lbs) - (16/05/11)

Back