Encouragement Boost Required: how does it feel to have lost weight?

I second that! What a lovely thread to have started the day with. :happy096: It's great to hear the stories of all the familiar people we're seeing on here everyday. I'm really inspired now. :coffee:Thanks so much Broxi for starting it. Jess , Curly and Wales along with the others are just amazing. Have a brilliant weekend and good luck with your journey xxx

I am nearly at the end of week 10 now and am just over a pound away from losing 2 1/2 stone. I have also lost about 28 inches. I don't actually know what size clothes I was in-size 18/20 in tops at least, but as for the bottoms I stopped buying anything fitted after a size 18, although the salopettes I bought for my holiday were a tight 20 last December. I've had a bit of a down week-just been really tired, not lost any more inches and the scales hadn't budged-even after a not great loss last week. So this morning I decided to have another 'trying on' session. I can now fit into the size 16 cropped jeans that were tight a couple of weeks ago-so they're stretchy but so what? They fit! I'm nearly into a few other pairs of size 16 trousers too-and a 'not so stretchy' pair of size 18 jeans. Being a pear shape I find I can never fit into jeans in the size I am! So that's kind of lifted my dark mood a bit. My losses aren't particularly great compared to others, but it's working :)

Hi Angie, You're doing great; I just read your blog. Your weight loss is slower than others but I know you'll stick to it and get there. My weight loss is always slow too so I'll be the same. You ae so much thinner in your now pics, esp from the side. Well done! I can't wait till I've lost 2 1/2 stones.

Hi Broxi!

Well it was 131 days ago that I started my CD journey. Back then, I was a size 22/24, had a 47 inch waist (I know!) And my BMI was in the forties.

My first few weeks on CD were so overwhelming - I had around 10 stone to lose and the idea of not eating anything was unimaginable.

But I surprised myself. Week by week, stone by stone, I carried on.

I didn't really get any comments about my weight loss til about y6 weeks in - I was losing lots in pounds but it seemed to take ages to go down in dress sizes.

As of today, I am a size 16/18 (which is pretty good for my 5'10" frame) and I have lost a total of 7 stone and 3 pounds. I have lost 15 inches from my waist and my BMI is just 2 points off being "overweight" as opposed to "morbidly obese" (when I started).

Broxi, the journey will not be easy going and there will be plenty of times when you feel like jacking it all in. But hang on in there, and, as proved by this thread, it really is worth it xx

Back