Encouraging words... I hope! :)

chocolatecat

One day at a time :)
I've been lurking for a while now as I've been "on hold" for a while and have noticed a lot of people are struggling and a whole lot of people are really desperate to be skinny now - no - yesterday and are willing to do just about anything to get there.

A thought came to mind the other day that although it's exciting and really good that at the end of our journey's we will be slimmer and much healthier, the journey can be great too if we let it!

I am just realising that exercise doesn't have to be bad and something that has to be put off and eating healthy doesn't have to mean rabbit food. Anyway, I though of the Miley Cyrus song The Climb and the words are just right to encourage me on my weight loss journey and I hope they do you too! (I've attached the link to a video in case anyone hasn't heard it)

YouTube - Miley Cyrus - The Climb ( Lyrics/Songtext )

I can almost see it
That dream I am dreaming
But there's a voice inside my head saying
"You'll never reach it"

Every step I'm taking
Every move I make feels
Lost with no direction
My faith is shaking

But I gotta keep trying
Gotta keep my head held high

There's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be a uphill battle
Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose

Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb

The struggles I'm facing
The chances I'm taking
Sometimes might knock me down
But no, I'm not breaking

I may not know it
But these are the moments that
I'm gonna remember most, yeah
Just gotta keep going

And I, I got to be strong
Just keep pushing on

'Cause there's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be a uphill battle
Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose

Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb, yeah!

I have to say I completely agree with you about enjoying the journey to get there :) I enjoy trying to reach all of the little goals along the way. There are definitely some tough days but I think those are good in the long run for me- when I am at my goal weight/size I can look back at what I've achieved and it will be something to be proud of (and it's something I think I can be proud of myself for already) :)

Back