Energised but exhausted at the same time?!

HelenaHandbasket

I'm currently on day 13 SS and although I'm feeling very positive and mentally energised, I'm finding simple physical things like climbing the stairs surprisingly knackering. Is that normal? I still have a lot of weight to lose, and wasn't exactly fit before starting CD (stopped going to the gym over a year ago), but I'm a bit surprised by how feeble I feel at the moment. We took our son to a soft play centre at the weekend and I was shattered after only 5 minutes climbing, crawling and sliding. Will this lessen in time? I'd hoped to be a bit more active while doing this diet, but if anything, I'm inclined to limit my physical activity.

Thanks,
HH

Hey honey!
I was the same for the first 2-3 weeks of SSing. You're only taking in 500 or so cals and the rest of your needs are filled by your stored calories. It is a high energy process of "using" the bodys reserves.

I know this seems to be the answer to everything, but how much water are you drinking?? If you read the "sticky" by icemoose at he top of the CD forum it explains about the liver and the kidneys.

I was only drinking about 2.5l a day - now i'm on 4.5 - 5l a day. It makes me feel a lot more alive.

Well done on your first weeks loss by the way - incredible acheivement xxxx

Thanks so much, Leah. I'm drinking 4+ litres a day. I'm not sure I could manage more, tbh. I get little enough done between trips to the loo as it is ;). Hopefully I'll regain a bit of vim'n'vigour soon.

HH

Haha, nah, don't up your water then :)

Another thing to do is to slpit your packs so that you are getting 6 smaller portions a day - it may keep your energy stores topped up.

Otherwise, change your energisers xxx

I split my sachets in half, and i drink my tetra as 3 coffees throughout the day. Seriously helps to get your sleeping habits under control too!

Good luck xxx

Back