Energy Drinks - teenagers

I work in a school, energy drinks are banned, but they can still be a real problem in school. So amny drink a can on the way to school, and you can tell. A can of red bull, and no breakfast, some ahe had palpatations! Then they crash, and need mor at lunch. Girls use it to give them cal free energy too. Beats food apparently. We have done maby assmblies, and if suffering from obvious effects are sent home. The local Tesco Express has been requested no to sell it to kids in uniform, but still a problem.

I work in a school, energy drinks are banned, but they can still be a real problem in school. So amny drink a can on the way to school, and you can tell. A can of red bull, and no breakfast, some ahe had palpatations! Then they crash, and need mor at lunch. Girls use it to give them cal free energy too. Beats food apparently. We have done maby assmblies, and if suffering from obvious effects are sent home. The local Tesco Express has been requested no to sell it to kids in uniform, but still a problem.

Its Tesco Express that are selling it here to kids :(

I just find it all so frustrating. Its the palpitations etc that worry me as some kids can't cope with that high quantity of caffeine in one shot :( I also hear it does make alot of kids totally hyper. :(

I just wish they'd only make it available to over 18's same as alcohol, when they are considered old enough to make an informed choice. :(

Back