Erm's Photo Diary

When does the chocolate go in? x

Ooh! The chocolate! I shoved that in at the end with the salt, after whizzing.

I also chucked a tsp of chipotle paste in at the end cos it was not all that hot, Id use more chillies next time :)

Morning campers, Im still here, just slooow at keeping up to date.

Well Saturday was the first day I've not been on plan of any sort :D Normally I control either the food or the wine or at least know in advance what Im having or how bad it will be :D But Saturday was officially Cheese Fest! :p Something Ive been wanting to snaffle at for aaaaaaaages, and they say youre supposed to only try four or five cheeses at once and all this rigmarole but I thought sod it, Im having the day off, and its better to have one big bad day than lots of fairly bad days, so we went for it! :D So this week's WI is officially gonna be a write off, the scales screamed at me next morning :rolleyes: tbh it was a bit disappointing but sod it, its done now, the urge is now gone so we can get back to plan properly :)

Saturday 10th Mar Green

Breakfast: Coffee & toast 1.2 HEXA, 1 HEXB
Lunch: Veg & puy lentil soup
Tea: Cheese & wine fest!!!
Snacks: carrots

Cheeeeeeeese!!!!!! :drool:

6833136700_731d91a1bf_o.jpg

And accompaniments!

6979263017_e4740dcc0c_o.jpg

And, uh... Superfreeeeeeee!!!!!!!!! :whistle: :8855:

6979263145_ca7d608d68_o.jpg

Cheese and real bread, I'm so jealous. That's worth a little gain lol. Any damage done will soon be gone. Like you say better to fall off the wagon but get back on it asap.

Cheese......

Bread........

What I'd do for a granary baguette ripped apart and smothered in brie or roquefort!:p:p:p:p

tbh I *need* the photos as just keeping a food diary I can look back and its a meaningless mess of nonsenese that I cant even be bothered to read :rolleyes: How the hell am I gonna remember what North African Chickpea Wotsistry even was in three weeks never mind three months! So I just photo it, stick it on flickr and write a note underneath of whether it was any good and if I changed anything in it. Then anything that was worth making again I email myself the recipe and stick it in my foodie-faves folder so I can dig it out at a later date :)

I think that's a great idea, may start doing that myself, cos I've got a memory like a sieve lol! Just waiting for Asda to turn up with my shopping then I'm going to make some of your cheese. Wish it would hurry up, I'm starving looking at all these lovely pictures :D

I would love to have amazing pictures of my food, but my food never looks any good and the iPhone camera doesn't really do much for it lol. I love looking at your pics Erm, your food always looks like it came out of a magazine :D

Hiya Erm :bighug:
I am fine thanks lovely. I've been set back over a week on my 200 mile challenge due to calf injury but it seems better now so I did 5 miles yesterday and just 3 today.
I am making mama's chicken curry tonight with a few tweaks. OMG its smelling so so lush cooking i want to eat the lot and not share it :giggle: both boys reckon they want some :stampsfeetinannoyanceasdidntwanttoshare:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Wednesday 14th Mar Green

Breakfast: Coffee & fruit 1 HEXA
Lunch: Black bean soup with chocolate & chilli 2 syns for chocolate
Tea: Veggie biryani 1 HEXB for oil & almonds, 2.5 syns for raisins
Snacks: Quorn slices

This was VILE. It might look pretty but it was pure stodge and so sweet I wanted to puke :( After this week I never have to try anything in this book again and Ill be giving it away! :p

6987282183_f2c60ed5d5_o.jpg

Thursday 15th Mar Green

Breakfast: None, hospital
Lunch: as above
Tea: Chickpea ketchup curry with rice 4.5 syns
Snacks: tomatoes, cheese 2 HEXB, 1 coffee <1 HEXA

Pure crappe. Roll on Wednesday when it will all be over... :rolleyes:

6841159574_3fdfc5d8fd_o.jpg

ermintrude said:
Thursday 15th Mar Green

Breakfast: None, hospital
Lunch: as above
Tea: Chickpea ketchup curry with rice 4.5 syns
Snacks: tomatoes, cheese 2 HEXB, 1 coffee <1 HEXA

Pure crappe. Roll on Wednesday when it will all be over... :rolleyes:

What book? What will be over? What's going on Erm? Are you ok? Just looking for my piece of muslin for my cheeeeeeese ;)

Wednesday 14th Mar Green

Breakfast: Coffee & fruit 1 HEXA
Lunch: Black bean soup with chocolate & chilli 2 syns for chocolate
Tea: Veggie biryani 1 HEXB for oil & almonds, 2.5 syns for raisins
Snacks: Quorn slices

This was VILE. It might look pretty but it was pure stodge and so sweet I wanted to puke :( After this week I never have to try anything in this book again and Ill be giving it away! :p

HFW strikes again??

What book? What will be over? What's going on Erm? Are you ok? Just looking for my piece of muslin for my cheeeeeeese ;)

Yup, Hugh Whupisass will be over as of Wednesday. :cool: This will call for celebration with something yumtastic after my 3 months of torture testing... :rolleyes:

Kale soup... hmmm..... grew far too much rainbow chard last year - tried soup with it, once. :cool:

Love kale 'fried' with chilli, garlic and black pepper.

ermintrude said:
Yup, Hugh Whupisass will be over as of Wednesday. :cool: This will call for celebration with something yumtastic after my 3 months of torture testing... :rolleyes:

Ummmm... Why? Have I missed something? Are you an official tester of tortuous cookery books? Very intriguing ...

Ummmm... Why? Have I missed something? Are you an official tester of tortuous cookery books? Very intriguing ...

Ha, I wish, getting PAID for eating?! :eek: :8855:

No, it was just a present so it would be rude not to try some of the recipes in it (a present from the b/f so he would very clearly KNOW if I WASNT trying them :D ) So Ive picked some of the ones that sound most interesting/doable and edited some of them a bit where they really sound too bland for words, (having experience of Whuppingasses concept of 'flavour' :rolleyes: ).

Tbh some have been OK, in fact one of the soups was a real winner and Ive put it on my regulars list, but so much of his stuff is really bland. And so much of it really doesnt belong in a facking recipe book at this price (egg sandwich anyone? :confused: ). I dont believe HFW has actually ever tasted most of the stuff in here, I swear it has either been written by his minions or his PR person/tasters just say Yes Sir, Its Delightful and bung it in the book so they get paid :sigh:

And Jeez the PORTIONS!!! Nobody has *ever* tested most of these as the portions are all over the shop! Some of them say something like "serves 4" and Ive got 8 or 10 portions out of them, others say "serves 4" and theres enough for one and a bit :confused:

Its just dire in so many ways :( The only recommendation I can make is the spicy tomato & bean soup, which was very nice.

PS Yeah back to the point :D - the last recipe Ive got on my menu to try is the kale soup, after that Im not bothering with any more of it and Ill give it away or sell it on Amazon.

Friday 16th Mar Green

Breakfast: None, still feeling ill
Lunch: None, see above
Tea: Spicy sweet potato nutty stew 5.5 syns for peanut butter
Snacks: Snap peas, baby corn, tomatoes, coffee 1 HEXA, Marmite bites 1.5 HEXB, Quorn slices

6989607389_a4b7496871_o.jpg

Can't say I'm fancying the sound of kale soup :yuk: I do like kale, but that sounds too much like cabbage soup for my liking :D

I've got my first batch of yogurt cheese in the fridge, excited about trying it :)

Back