Erm's Photo Diary

I love the look of your dinner. How do you get your celeriac chips so "shiny". I tried your method of cooking them but for some reason Im just not getting the same results!!
Not sure how chick peas are counted on SW but I found this recipe on RosemaryConleytv -
1 can chick peas
tspn garam masala
tspn soft brown sugar
cayenne pepper
raisins x 2tspns

Preheat oven to 200C.
Drain the can of chickpeas well and place on non stick baking tray.
Mix together the garam masala and sugar and sprinkle over the chickpeas. Bake in the oven for 20 mins.
Dust with cayenne pepper and add the raisins.
I think these would be lovely for a cinema snack or just a snack!!
(On my plan chickpeas are free hence my delight at the thought!!).
Have a great day.

Ah the chips aren't really shiny, its the juices from the chicken! I keep the chicken under foil to cook for the first 15min, then just take the foil off for the last 5 min to let the ham crisp up. So while its under the foil all the juices come out of it and then I pour them all over the rest of my dinner just before serving, like a non-beefy 'gravy', its deeeelish!!! All salty, cheesy, meaty, garlicky juices! :drool: It probably cheats a bit as I use almost all of it on MY dinner (not the O'Hs :eek: ) So I must be nicking some oil from his chicken/cheese too as Im sure its not all water :D But it's ommmmmmmm, gorgeous gravy!

here's me juices! :

6253665756_260ef5d1af_o.jpg

Mine, all miiiiiiine!!!!! :drool: :8855:

Not sure how chick peas are counted on SW but I found this recipe on RosemaryConleytv -
1 can chick peas
tspn garam masala
tspn soft brown sugar
cayenne pepper
raisins x 2tspns

Preheat oven to 200C.
Drain the can of chickpeas well and place on non stick baking tray.
Mix together the garam masala and sugar and sprinkle over the chickpeas. Bake in the oven for 20 mins.
Dust with cayenne pepper and add the raisins.
I think these would be lovely for a cinema snack or just a snack!!
(On my plan chickpeas are free hence my delight at the thought!!).
Have a great day.

Ommm sounds yum as a Saturday night snack! They say we're not meant to roast chickpeas and have them as a snack on SW, we're meant to syn them if we do that, but to hell with them, it's fine on the odd occasion, I dont make a habit of doing it every day! :)

1 syn for sugar, Raisins 3.5 syns for 28g. Hmmm can't find them in the HEXes though surprisingly. I thought they'd be a HEX as we can have other dried fruit as a HEX? :confused: Mmm yep I think I might give that a go at the w/e, ta! x :)

Hi Erm
I moved from England (Surrey) to Switzerland two years ago. They are not really in to currys here so I went on a cookery course - it was quite expensive but everything is here! I learnt how to make four or five different curries and also bhajees, samosas and naan :). I will post the recipe for you later of the best one on SW. You have to syn the oil. Works out between 2-4 syns a portion depending how much you eat! It's worth it in my opinion and you absolutely need the oil. I just use half of what is in the original recipe. Must dash but will be back later x

PS. It doesn't surprise me that there was no sign. The Swiss are not health and safety conscious really. It's great in a lot of ways and dangerous in others!

Monday 17th - Green

Breakfast: Coffee & Toast 1 HEXA, 1 HEXB, 2 syns
Lunch: Randomer. I kind of started just snacking while I was making a boring old green salad around 12pm to go with whatever I decided to have later, then Tesco turned up and the next thing I knew it was 6:30pm... I never really got round to making anything except the salad so I just totally randomed out on leftover sprouts, a packet of Quorn slices and odd bits of leftover fridge stuff :confused:
Tea: Spicy veg and lentil soup. Yum!
Snacks: Nectarine, apple, Muller coconut that had exploded when it got here from Tesco's :rolleyes:

Getting a bit hooked on this ol' roast veg stewy-soup thang...

6256845583_401ee0ce4d_o.jpg

ermintrude said:
Wash your mouth out, you heathen! :eek: :D That be Total 2% :drool:

Lol my mistake haha

Plus I have a tub of quark lurking in fridge haven't a scooby what to do with it so was rather hopeful

Ps half the Mooli's gone in a Veggie soup for tomorrow the other half is playing mindgames with me ;)

Lol my mistake haha

Plus I have a tub of quark lurking in fridge haven't a scooby what to do with it so was rather hopeful

Ps half the Mooli's gone in a Veggie soup for tomorrow the other half is playing mindgames with me ;)

With half a mooli? I dont wanna ask! :eek:

:8855:

Tuesday 18th - Green

Breakfast: Coffee 1 HEXA & fruit in coconut Muller
Lunch: Leftover roasted spicy veg & lentil soup
Tea: Different roast veg & green lentil stew :D I'm getting kinda hooked on pre-roasted veggies in stews and soups :D
Snacks: Apple, box of pomodorino tomatoes, pack of Quorn slices. Barstewards!!! :eek: They've CHANGED THE BALDDY RECIPE! AGAIN!!! I sent it thru the calculator and it seems to be Free still but it TASTES LIKE CR@PPEE. :mad: When will they learn to LEAVE THINGS ALONE :mad: Its all tasteless now, not peppery at all, kinda rubbery. All the salty-juiciness has gone out of it :(

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!! :flamingmad:

6258290155_5b1b201eac_o.jpg

Aaaaand WI this morning and I've lost another 2lb! So currently 5st 13lb off, only 1 lb to go to the big 6 stoner!!!! Which is the maximum Ive EVER lost! :) I NEVER thought Id manage to do this again! :)

Oh my life, I've just spend the last hour reading your diary and drooling!!! :eating:

Your food looks delicious and love having the visual aspect, I must try to remember to take a pic of food before I gobble it all up lol
x

Aww thanks :) yeah I think it's easier for me to just look back on piccies of what was tasty when I cant think what to make for the week ahead :) Words and ingredients don't really connect with my dim brain and I cant really remember whether they were any good. Piccies all the way! :) Also it makes it feel like Im having something a bit more luxurious if I can make it look nice too :)

ermintrude said:
Aaaaand WI this morning and I've lost another 2lb! So currently 5st 13lb off, only 1 lb to go to the big 6 stoner!!!! Which is the maximum Ive EVER lost! :) I NEVER thought Id manage to do this again! :)

Good work, Erm. Congratulations! *insert smile doing a little dance but I'm on my phone so I can't*

Well done what an achievement !! An all done eating fab food bet you feel great :)

I get so engrossed with your recipes, ideas and photo's I always head for the kitchen to try something you have created without asking a question I have wanted to ask for weeks.... the piri piri you put on your celeriac chips and others..is it a brand mix or one you make yourself Erm? Just looks delicious and never seem to get it to look like yours :( x

OoOOoO well done on the achievement too! xxx

Back