Erm's Photo Diary

You may remember, I made the Egyptian red lentil soup a couple of weeks ago and loved it....so much so that I made it again yesterday but replaced the lentils with sliced mushrooms! 'twas lovely!

I'm currently signed off from work as I have broken my arm/shoulder and made this all with only using one hand and my left one at that! ( I'm right handed!) I used frozen pre chopped onions and fresh pre sliced mushrooms......it's that easy! Have to say, I only used mushrooms cos I didn't have any lentils in the cupboard and I can't just pop to the shops in my current state.
Oh yes....and I served it in squash, which my OH had loving sliced in two for me before heading off for work lol
So, yes, can thoroughly recommend this for taste and simplicity to make! Lol

Ah nooooo! :( Hope you get better soon! x :)

Never would've thought of replacing lentils with mushrooms, yum, might try it some time :) Just eating leftovers now but cant taste it with man flu :(

....oh and I forgot to say well done on your loss too! How rude of me! Lol

Bloody marvellous but not surprising with all your lovely food that's featured on here! ;)

Poor you having man flu, if you're anything like me when I'm ill, you'll have have a massive appetite and want to eat, eat, eat! I often question why I can't lose my appetite like others even when I'm ill!! Ha ha

Is Hugh Fripperly-Whuppingass actually any good? This is the 2nd recipe of his Ive tried that is just bland, bland, bland. :sigh: Im a bit bummed as I asked for the River Cottage veggie book for Xmas as it got so many rave reviews, but of thw cuple of things Ive tried his stuff just doesnt TASTE of anything :(

Sadly I have to agree. Love his programmes, love the way it looks. But each and every recipe I tried was naff taste-wise.
Mine was a wasted anniversary pressie, too. :(

Hey Erm

Been perving on your food for a while now! Thought I'd finally post to say congrats on getting your 7st shiney and century club sticker!!:D:D

xx

Thanks my lovelies!! Just had Mama's Jamaican Saturday Soup (yeah on a Wednesday :eek: :rolleyes: ) I am *STUFFED* as a stuffed thing! Piccies tomorrow when I can roll over again! :D

I can't wait to try that soup. Bf gets paid on Monday so we will be picking up the stuff to make it. Have been craving soup since I finished my home made lentil stuff off yesterday:D

Morning campers! Yup as lentil says I've lost over 100lb now so am in the Century Club! :)

Sooooo foodies! :

Wednesday 14th - Green

Breakfast: Coffee & Toast 1 HEXA, 1 HEXB, 2 syns
Lunch: Leftover Egyptian lentil soup 0.5 syns for yoghurt
Tea: Mama's Jamaican Saturday soup <1 HEXB for chicken
Snacks: Melon with yoghurt & honey 3 syns Ommmmmm why is Total 2% with honey so DIVINE :drool: so CREEEAAAAAMY, god its lush, its like ice cream... I am in love...

But Saturday Soup! Even on Wednesdays its fabbo! :D I am also in lurrrrrrve with yams! :heartpump: I think this may be because I overcooked them :rolleyes: but when one does this they make a damn good FREE dumpling! :drool:

6515068975_d83306ecbd_o.jpg

This was soooooooo filling, real comfort food, great for man flu! Really rich meaty kinda 'gravy' texture. I have no idea if this is what its supposed to taste like Mama, I expect not? :D But I dont care cos it was fab! Like I say I guess overcooked it a bit, (Im not very good at cooking thigs for 15min and then gobbling them up as Im always busy faffing with summat else, so I think ah, "another five minutes'll they'll be be fiiiiiine" and five minutes turns into half an hour... :rolleyes: )

SO my yams had started to dissolve a bit and the mix went a little bit gloopy but OMG I loved it! I *was* gonna chuck some gnocchi in for dumplings as syns, like Mama suggested, but as soon as I went to taste it and picked up a bit of yam I was sold, it had gone a little bit soggy on the outside but all soft and crumbly on the inside just like real gnocchi except Free!

So I am probably totally blaspheming Saturday soup by cooking it like this :eek: , albeit accidentally, but I loved it! Now a firm yam fan! Also liked the okra more than I expected (I did remember to only chuck this in 4-5min before the end so I didnt slimify it :D ) and the cho cho too, but Id deffo try this with other veggies :) And I love sweetcorn in a soup too yummo!!

Great stuff Mama, trying your Jamaican curry next I reckon :)

(Mama's recipe is here for anyone interested)

(Poor Mama, youre probably shielding your eyes looking at the squish I've made of your soup?! :eek: :D )

looks amazing as always Erm, please come and cook for me :D pretty please :D

I need to print a few recipes off as there are several you've had lately that I really love the sound of but my 'to do' list is soooooooooooooooo long

:bighug: lovely lady xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thursday 15th - Green

Lunch 1: Leftover Egyptian lentil soup
Lunch 2: Big cheese salad 1 HEXA & 4 syns for cheese & dressing
Tea: Spicy roast veg & red lentil soup
Snacks: Carrot, melon in Total 2% with honey 3 syns

Doesnt loo anything special but this soup just gets better & better! Yummo! :)

6520204631_b59702d6e0_o.jpg

CONGRATULAAAAATIONS on your amazing loss Erm!!! 7st is a serious achievement, well done!

Well done on your achievement :) fantastic :)
you are such an inspiration showing how to lose weight by eat the most gorgeous delicious food. Congratulations hun and thanks for sharing all your lovely recipies x

Friday 16th - Green

Lunch: Leftover Roast veg & lentil soup
Tea: Leftover Jamaican Saturday soup <1 HEXB for chicken
Snacks: Apple, figs, vino, about 40 syns

No pics owing to the content of the snacks category :eek: Hic! :rolleyes:

Saturday 17th - Red

Lunch: Leftover Roast veg & lentil soup 1 HEXB for parsnips & lentils
Tea: Spicy beef sausages with salad and spicy fries 3.5 syns for ketchup & mustard
Snacks: Peach, pear, figs, Muller light, Babybel 1 HEXA

Homemade spicy sausage raw:

6530673933_68e523f4c0_o.jpg

And cooked:

6530674087_86a009fae3_o.jpg

6530674249_c82d52cf11_o.jpg

Yummo! :drool:

6530674509_21fcd4191e_o.jpg

I do appear to have put on half a stone however :rolleyes: Hope it ******* off by Wednesday. I want to start Xmas with the 7 stone *still* gone thanks.

Manflu has gone but Im now giving birth to a small planet instead, which I hope is the cause of the half-a-stone-overnighter :sigh: These seem to get worse the older I get. Go away womb, I dont want any brats anyway :sigh:

Erm firstly big :bighug: :bighug: hope you feel abit better soon :(

Those sausages look amazin I really must try making my own after seeing these. I had a recipe ages ago for beef and mustard ones. Finding the recipe may not be so easy as I print these things off then lose them :rolleyes: xxxxx

Back