Erm's Photo Diary

Yeah it was :) I adapted it from this recipe

Halved the amount of walnuts, cooked in Fry Light, just used 2 chicken breasts cut into strips (thought SIX was a lot for two people! :eek: Surely typo???)

Basically:

Ingredients:
- 125g walnuts, whizzed 42.5 syns
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 4 golden plums, stones removed 3 syns
- 2 chicken breasts (about 400g), cut into strips
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 200ml fresh pomegranate juice (unsweetened) 7 syns
- 3 tbsp pomegranate molasses 6 syns
- 1½ tbsp brown sugar 4.5 syns
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Bulgur wheat and coriander, to serve

Method:
- Whizz the walnuts to a fine crumble in the processor
- Put in a heavy-bottomed pan on medium heat for a few minutes, stirring frequently, until lightly toasted
- When the nuts are toasted add the stock cube, plums and about 300ml water and simmer for 15 min
- Meanwhile in another pan fry the onion in Fry Light until softening
- Add the chicken, turmeric and pepper to the onion pan and fry, stirring frequently, until sealed
- Add the nut mix to the chicken mix, cover and simmer for 10 min
- Add the pomegranate juice, molasses, sugar and cinnamon and simmer for half an hour, uncovered until reduced to a thick consistency

Serve with bulgur wheat or rice

6856060347_3b2a173610_o.jpg

Thanks. I am def going to try this - need to source the pomegranate molasses first though.

Hi Erm
I feel that I know you so well having read your diary from start to finish over the last coule of weeks, it's been so uplifying to read and should be on a best seller list somewhere! Your recipes I have copied them all and now have an Erm's recipe book in my kitchen (thanks also to Honey, Mama etc who have also added to it, I have subscribed to their threads to read now).
Your weight loss is phenomenal, and you deserve every pound that you've lost.
Thank you.

Just googled it - may just make my own!

I made my own the first time I used any, then I bought a bottle from The Asian Cookshop

Both were fine, but its much cheaper just to buy the bottle for the amount you get out of a pomegranate! :faint2: :D

Aww thanks for the kind words my lovelies :)

@ Jackie - you think the syns in the chicken were bad you wanna see the cheesecake Im making for V Day - 434 syns. Yes you did read that right Four Hundred and Thirty Four Syns :faint2:

Actually, no, I havent accounted for the egg... egg is free... so 3 eggs and five yolks off that, so lose 480-odd calories... makes

410 syns.

So not so bad after all :8855:

How may slices shall I cut that into? :D

Om nom, yummy three courser Im making for V Day. Parma ham Valentine's tart for starter, then Stilton-crusted fillet Steaks in a port wine sauce, with spring onion mash and green beans. Then dessert is my double chocolate tart with mint mascarpone :drool: Im about to put the base in the oven now :)

So Im all a bit off plan this week, with the nut thing, then drinkies on Saturday, then V Day but hey, you got to have a life eh? :)

Really GOT to get my act together after V day though! :eek: :p

Hi Erm, I always agree with your posts so I thought I'd drop by. Your food all looks divine! Can't wait to sit down and go through the whole thread.

I'm looking forward to seeing this cheesecake!

Your V Day menu sounds to die for Erm :drool: :drool: :drool: xxx

Cheesecake, I dont know why I said cheesecake, I got overexcited thinking about it I think, its a TART, double chocolate tart. Just tested, er, quite a bit... :whistle: :eek:

Saturday 11th Feb Extra Easy

Breakfast: Coffee 1 HEXA Oats so simple with honey & cinnamon 1 syn for honey, 1 HEXb & 3.5 syns for Oats, WHAT A BLADDY WASTE OF SYNS THAT WAS! :eek: :cry: Got four more of the boogas to eat now :(
Lunch: Salad 1.5 syns for mustard
Tea: Spicy lamb sausages in prosciutto with SW patatas bravas 3.5 syns for breadcrumbs & lean lamb, 1.5 syns for prosciutto
Snacks: Cherries, apple, nectarine

Sausage recipe Jackie gave me:

6868891833_e690363099_o.jpg

6868891975_e6e19842e9_o.jpg

Meal pic all a bit crapperooney as it was Saturday so we're usually a bit twinkled by the time we have our tea ;) :

6868891699_81c0364caf_o.jpg

looks lush

Breakfast: Coffee 1 HEXA Oats so simple with honey & cinnamon 1 syn for honey, 1 HEXb & 3.5 syns for Oats, WHAT A BLADDY WASTE OF SYNS THAT WAS! :eek: :cry: Got four more of the boogas to eat now :(
Tea: Spicy lamb sausages in prosciutto with SW patatas bravas 3.5 syns for breadcrumbs & lean lamb, 1.5 syns for prosciutto

Meal pic all a bit crapperooney as it was Saturday so we're usually a bit twinkled by the time we have our tea ;) :

this looks like a must try

Sunday 12th Feb Green

Breakfast: Coffee & fruit 1 HEXA
Lunch: Spicy grilled mushrooms and beans 1 syn for mustard
Tea: Smoky black bean soup
Snacks: Muller mint, Quorn slices. Then the OH decided to get the breadmaker out :eek: :faint2: so I had to have a nibble... 1 piece crusty bread with butter ??15 syns :eek: Then I was making the pastry base for my tart and there was a LOT of nibbling of bits dropping off :whoopass:??15 syns

So Im being very bad this week. :mad: I think its cos Ive already had 2 nights slightly off plan and I know Im not gonna be behaving Tuesday either so Im sort of thinking Sod It.

So I must be STRICTLY On Plan today. :cool:

6868892253_495e53521c_o.jpg

:wavey: hello my lovely friend :D Those sausages look fab :D do you think they would work with beef mince? or pork? I just don't like lamb mince... never tried the prosciutto before either... mmmm I really want to make some :giggle: x

Hellooooolovely !!! :) They'd be find with either I think, I just used lamb cos thats what your recipe said and I had some in the freezer needed using up :) You can always change the spices about a bit to match. I think Id put more spices in next time anyway. I used 2 tsp coriander, 1.5tbsp cumin and 1 chilli. Next time Id chuck another chilli in, maybe some tomato puree? And some garlic? Cinnamon, make it a bit Morroccan-y? Nom nom!

Oh and I dont think you really need the breadcrumbs, especially for the ones you wrap in prosciutto. I did half wrapped and half not wrapped (purely because they looked too pretty on their own to cover them all up! :8855: )

I really must try them as I can't stomach ready made sausages anymore but these look so yummy :D will make recipes up as I go along :8855: i do this all the time, problem comes when one of the kids likes the new creation and wants it again and I don't quite remember what I put in it :8855: x

Lol at the Oats so Simple waste of syns; done that myself a few times when experimenting! As you have lost 101lbs Erm, think you can forgive yourself (and we certainly all can!) a few naughty days, 'cos you know you'll be back on plan with a vengeance after V Day! Enjoy, lovely xxx

do you have the recipe please? for both if possible.

Deary me, those sausages look like I could gorge myself to death on them!

Back