eurgh i feel like rubbish! lol

assj

Silver Member
i feel awful, have been doing for the last couple of weeks, with loads of slip ups i have had, and now totm has just turned up only 23 days after the last one!!:mad: why oh why:sigh: well anyways if i do reach for the craving today i will be ok, i am off to the gym later this evening so will make sure i burn whatever extra i eat (if i do hopefully i wont) it should put me off really as i will know i will have to work harder in the gym if i reach for the chocolate lol ah well i think i will take my aching back and tum and my grumpy mood off out for a walk.
how does everyone esle get on with totm?:(

I'm gonna be a bit personal here... sorry folks..! I dont have a magical answer assj, but I'm going to share how I feel about that week...

I'm on the pill, and my totm is controlled by that, when I was a teenager it was completely erratic [much like my temperament] and last year I decided to go onto the pill to control it. This means my totm now only lasts 4 or 5 days, and is nowhere near as bad as it was..

But I have noticed an increased appetite, and I have been using this as an excuse to eat more, to scoff chocolate and cakes and comfort food... I find that when I have a full belly, I don't feel the tummy cramps. I realise now that this is not good and that I am actually sabotaging myself so I am going to be really strict with myself next time. It is just a bad habit, scoffing a mega bar of chocolate and stodge... I need to break that habit. I think if I have a really big appetite during totm I will stick to stir frys. They seem to fill me up properly, and they are pretty low calorie...! Plus, 5 a day :flirt2: haha.

It should be my turn next week. OH THE JOYS..!

ps - I know what its like, feeling awful. Im in that boat at the moment, nothing seems to be going my way no matter what I do...!
Things can only go better from here :) x

Poor you, I can sympathis with you.
Hope you are feeling better this morning.

I'm on the pill (cilest) and its the week before I'm "due" its bad. I could eat anything in sight, continuously!! I get very short tempered (which isnt really like me) and I am a total emotional wreck, I cry at the slightest thing!
If I'm having a rough time generally then everything is just taken out of context and I feel the most hard done by person ever! I'm so melodramatic before my TOTM gets here.
best thing for me, keeping out of the way of my kids and partner, having long baths and treating myself to a lovely hot chocolate!
As for the cramps, maybe a paracetamol might take the edge off.

Sometimes us girls just need something naughty to stop us from turning into a nightmare.

Dont be too hard on yourself though, your not alone so take good care of yourself and give youself some loving.

hey, thanks for the replies, i am feeling ok, had a big argument with my oh last night though, i know its my hormones but he just grated on me last night grr. i dont know if my totm is making this worse than it is but i have been a stay at home mum for the past 2 years and i am now starting a new job on monday and i am really upset about it, i have been crying cause i dont want to leave my little girl i have been there every day since she was born and now i wont be and its soo upsetting for me, not to mention that she clings to me so dont know how shes gonna be when i go. its quite unexpected aswell as we are renting out one of our bedrooms to enable me to stay at home but our lodger is deciding she wants to move (6months before the contract end) so is leaving us right in the **** and thats why i have had to get a job, she wont give us a straight answer as to when she is moving so we cant advertise for anyone else which is annoying. so basically i have been forced to give up staying at home with my little girl and i am just really unhappy about it.

I'm on the pill (cilest) and its the week before I'm "due" its bad. I could eat anything in sight, continuously!! I get very short tempered (which isnt really like me) and I am a total emotional wreck, I cry at the slightest thing!
If I'm having a rough time generally then everything is just taken out of context and I feel the most hard done by person ever! I'm so melodramatic before my TOTM gets here.

Ditto. On everything...

It must be the drugs, seriously...!!!!

I had to come off the pill as my appetite rose dramatically!! It doesn't make you gain weight in itself just increases appetitite and if you can ignore that you're a stronger person than me! Have you ever thought about the coil that has the pill in it? I think it's called the marine coil, that way you don't injest the pill or something like that and you don't get the appetite problems. I am in the thorws of trying to get one fitted, :( not pleasant but if it means I won't scoff everything in sight.....

The pill made my appetite huuuuuge too! And seeing as I have little willpower, I ate like a horse. It did make my PMT so much better though, I'm a right cow when I'm due on. I've come off it now, since August, and although my appetite's gone down, my periods are back to being extremely irregular. They either come very far apart, or too close together, lol. I just had mine last week, and I feel so much better for it now, much less bloated, *****y etc, hehe.

As for feeling bad about leaving your little girl, I can sympathise. I have a 1 year old son, and I started college when he was 10 months old. To be totally honest, it's probably for the best that I did it. I'm so enjoying having some adult company for a few days per week, then having the evening, some weekdays and all weekend with my son. I'm sure once you're into the swing of things you'll feel a lot better for being back out in the world. How many hours are you having to work?

Hey assj it will be hard I'm sure, but I think you'll also get a lot of benefits from having other things in your life and also you won't feel so isolated as I think you've said you sometimes feel. Also, the time you do get to spend with your daughter will be so much more precious. Quality, not quantity. :)

I've very recently come off the pill after years and years on microgynon, it made my periods so much easier to deal with I didn't seem to get any PMT at all, and they were of course regular as clockwork. I am not looking foward to my first period 'au naturel', in fact I think I'm starting to get the first signs of bloating and soreness today. :( I also haven't noticed a drop in appetite, especially not this past week! But then I don't think anything could make a dent in my elephantine appetite - let's face it, if 6 months of chemo can't do it then nothing can!

Back